Enzo will smoke the McLaren F1

Discussion in '1994 McLaren F1' started by F Enzo, Aug 9, 2002.

1. that was a moronic post please read before you make such bias comments

2. u know nothing!
    the numbers I gave out were correct, ask anayone and you know that you'll be wrong...
    those crap performance numbers you gave out was for the ameritech McLaren F1 which has a top speed of 231 mph and a spidpad of .86g

3. No those arent crap performance numbers they're acually nice. And those numbers themselves are still optomistic. And i've read plenty about the XP5. The XP5 model is the one that produced those acual numbers not the acual pruduction McF1. They were just using those numbers to appeal to customers and to claim the title of "worlds fastest production car," Which they did surpassing the Jaguar Xj220, but no true McF1 has driven the car past 217 mph as claimed by Mario Andretti in Road and track(1999). Its even in the other topic explaining how the spedometer said that he was going 240 when he was really going about 20mph slower. And the skidpad might be incorrect, but i doubt its much higher than that in the regular F1. Its unsafe and it in no way handels safer or faster than the enzo especially at high speeds. Mario andrettin himself said that the car was very unsafe at 200mph and how the back end kept slipping out. (dont know about you but when mario andretti says something about how a car perfoms I believe him.) The car looked the same way as Mario Andretti described as it did when jermy clarkson himself drove it, and he too got no where near 240. it doesnt really matter because i love this car to death, but car companies do do things like claim top speeds achieved by test mules or modded models, and use then as production numbers to appeal to customers.

4. ask anyone...

5. I don't ask i research

6. oh wrong words, i meant research.
    i wonder what kind of research you made and what results you got...
    let me give you out ONE WORD! to those performance numbers you gave out...
    AMERITECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. And those performance numbers that you gave out were XP5!!! We can do this all day. There is really no real proof than from when Mario Andretti and Jermey Clarkson Test drove it. Even though the one Mario drove was AMERTECH it still indicated that he was doing 240 on the spedometer, when he was really doing 217. Jermy clarkson got no where near 240 also and the only mclaren to EVER reach speeds like that is the XP5 PROTOTYPE. No production F1 tested has ever gone 240 period.

8. no they are not IDIOT!!! the XP5 was said to have less horsepower than a standard F1.

"Even though the one Mario drove was AMERTECH it still indicated that he was doing 240 on the spedometer, when he was really doing 217." WTF?!?!?!?!

NO! actually when Mario Andretti drove it he managed to achieve 238 mph! although the McLaren was unstable (any car going above speeds of 220 mph begin to become slippery)

9. YEAH!, that's what I thought... We can do this all day! why so I can teach you that your wrong...

"Even though the one Mario drove was AMERTECH it still indicated that he was doing 240 on the spedometer, when he was really doing 217." EXACTLY! AMERITECH!! it wasn't a top speed either... but I still continue with WTF?!?!?!?! cause first of all, the Ameritech has a top speed of 231 mph so 240 is not possible. The indicators can be wrong sometimes but a 23 mph DIFFERENCE!! WOW! you have got to stop making BS up and accept the fact that the stats I gave out were right!!!

oh yeah the XP5's performance #'s were ACTUALLY related to the #'s I gave out, its around the same though...

Also, if those were the XP5 #'s I gave out
    and the AMERITECH's being 0-60 in 3.4 then what are the number for the normal one?!?!?!

get your facts right kid!!!

10. LOL you have no proof which makes youe argument invalid. Mario andretti Himself said that he was only doing 217 when the spedometer was at 240. And he said that the car was unstable at 200 mph not 220. And plus the amertech F1 STILL was modded. It hasn't gone 231 mph and the PRODUCTION McF1 hasnt gone 240. Give me an article or even a video (not the one arond the rink that was XP5) of a PRODUCTION F1 going 240 and I will believe you but untill then all you're spitting is biast crap about how the F1 is the greatest (obviously your name gives it away). And no one knows the real numbers for the REAL McF1 which is what I've been trying to tell you, they have yet to submit one to any magazine or Top Gear to be tested. Give me proof or stop spreading false information, all you d is repeat yourself.

11. you are the only one spitting out BS here!!! you are the repetitive one here!!! how the F*** am I repeating myself when I'm proving wrong every arguement you give out!

BTW: "Even though the one Mario drove was AMERTECH it still indicated that he was doing 240 on the spedometer, when he was really doing 217." WTF?!?!?!?!

The reason I made that is cause you made no point or sense!

I can give you a SHITLOAD!!!! of proof that the standard F1's performance #'s are what I said. But I'm giving you a chance to get the real info and admit that you're wrong... unless if you want me to humiliate you, fool...!

As for " And no one knows the real numbers for the REAL McF1 which is what I've been trying to tell you" YOU HAVE'NT BEEN TRYING TO TELL ME ANYTHING!!! EXCEPT YOUR BS FACTS, oh and I know the real stats, its the ones I!!! GAVE OUT, don't contaminate with fake stats!

"Give me an article or even a video (not the one arond the rink that was XP5) of a PRODUCTION F1 going 240" This proves that you know nothing of THIS CAR!!! the RINK!! isn't just any rink! It's the proving ground where most cars test their top speed!! its called Ehra-Liessen and it went (rev limiter removed) 391 km/h which is more than 240 mph! its 244!!

THE MCLAREN F1 IS!!! THE GOD OF ALL SUPERCARS, STFU!!!

12. LMAO to bad that wasn't a production Mclaren F1. Once again you fail to prove me wrong. And the reason i said that was because the spedometer said he was going 240, but the real speed indicator was only saying 217 meaning the F1's spedometer was off by a lot.

"I can give you a SHITLOAD!!!! of proof that the standard F1's performance #'s are what I said. But I'm giving you a chance to get the real info and admit that you're wrong... unless if you want me to humiliate you, fool...!"

... there's so much fail in that statment that i won't even dignify that with a proper response.

"As for " And no one knows the real numbers for the REAL McF1 which is what I've been trying to tell you" YOU HAVE'NT BEEN TRYING TO TELL ME ANYTHING!!! EXCEPT YOUR BS FACTS, oh and I know the real stats, its the ones I!!! GAVE OUT, don't contaminate with fake stats!"

Once again those weren't true production f1 stats... try again.

""Give me an article or even a video (not the one arond the rink that was XP5) of a PRODUCTION F1 going 240" This proves that you know nothing of THIS CAR!!! the RINK!! isn't just any rink! It's the proving ground where most cars test their top speed!! its called Ehra-Liessen and it went (rev limiter removed) 391 km/h which is more than 240 mph! its 244!!"

Once again XP5 god you just dont read do you?

"THE MCLAREN F1 IS!!! THE GOD OF ALL SUPERCARS, STFU!!!"

I never said other wise so stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that this car sucked its acually on my top 3 favorite cars of all times... You're just spreading false information so im telling you the right information. Please please please just read before you go running your mouth you just keep owning yourself.

13. #113 McLarenGod, Sep 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    "LMAO to bad that wasn't a production Mclaren F1. Once again you fail to prove me wrong. And the reason i said that was because the spedometer said he was going 240, but the real speed indicator was only saying 217 meaning the F1's spedometer was off by a lot."

I'm sorry but... NO SPEED INDICATOR IS THAT OFF!!!

"... there's so much fail in that statment that i won't even dignify that with a proper response."

What fail is there in that idiot!! of course I'll prove you wrong!!! Don't be stupid a proper response is still required to show your knowledge, fool! Just cause I proved you wrong you don't give out a proper response!!!

"Once again XP5 god you just dont read do you?"

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!!! ARE YOU BLIND?!?!! I NEVER SAID ANYTHING!!! ABOUT THE XP5, READ IT AGAIN, F-U-L-L-Y!!! YOU DON'T SEEM TO READ ANYTHING I SAY!!!

YOUR ANNOYING ME NOW!!! HERE'S THE PROOF or should I say REASEARCH!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_F1
    http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~na/mclaren.html
    http://www.modernracer.com/features/worldsfastestcars4.html
    http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/204728/mclaren_f1.html
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/349/McLaren-F1.html
    http://www.iloveindia.com/cars/sports-cars/mclaren-f1.html
    http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=41393&McLaren
    http://www.allfastcars.com/mclaren-f1.shtml

IS THAT ENOUGH OR ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP RUNNING YOUR DUMB MOUTH!!! ALL OF THEM SAY 231+ (the AMERITECH!!! FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME IN 1997!!! DID 231MPH AND EVER SINCE THE STANDARD EUROPEAN McLaren F1 came to the Unites States, some people believe that the Ameritech modified stats are the F1's stats since they reduced its performance so it can be sold on US grounds...)

P.S. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THIS IS THE ONLY CAR WITH A FACTORY REV-LIMITER!!! ALL OTHER CARS WHEN THEY TEST THEIR TOP SPEED, THEY DON'T HAVE THE FACTORY REV LIMITER!!!) HELL IF http://www.modernracer.com/features/worldsfastestcars4.html
    SAID IT DID 241MPH (WHICH IT DID OFFICIALLY AFTER THE XP5 RUN OF 244 MPH OR 391 KM/H) WITH THE REV LIMITER, HOW FAST WOULD IT GO WITHOUT THE REV LIMITER?!?! (WHICH WAS ALREADY PROVED!!!) ITS OFFICIAL SPEED WOULD BE 244 MPH IN THE WORLD BOOK OF RECORDS!!!

OH, AND I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR CRAP RESPONSE...

14. *sighs* Atleast you read some of that crap information(acually some of it was pretty good, but you prbably don't know that) that you posted. But once again Mario Andretti himself said that the thing was only doing 217. It also seems that you have gone into a defensive and angered state which cause you to spit usless bias bull ish. And if you would have read one of the articles you would know that what I said about Mario Andretti was true.

But it said it doesn't matter if the top speed is 217 or 241, it's still one of the greatest supercars ever made, and its not like anyone's going to drive the thing 217mph, or 241. Also, that MCF1 that you said did 240.14 (not 241 if you would have read your own damn proof) was also modified for high speed testing meaning that if wasn't safe for road use meaning NON-PRODUCTION.

It also said that a lot of the F1's recieved MODIFICATIONS over its span of production meaning some are faster than others and the later models probably out preform the earlier models. You might be right, but I might be right also. 231 is believable after reading some of the articles. But one of them says "between 217 and 241 mph," No one knows for sure the true topspeed of a um-modified PRODUCTION McClaren F1, and the closest one to production had a rev-limiter reducing its speed to 217 (the one Mario Andretti drove). And the one that hit 240.14(one said 242.14 which means that that also might be false)before the XP5 was modified aswell.

Once again no one knows the true speed of this car, and read your information before you come at me yelling in caps. You still continue to own yourself.

15. #115 McLarenGod, Oct 8, 2007
    read again!

http://www.modernracer.com/features/worldsfastestcars4.html

this one says 241 mph...

Sorry that I got all mad but your ignorance made me do so!
    I gave out plenty of facts to you that you didn't admit...

"Atleast you read some of that crap information(acually some of it was pretty good, but you prbably don't know that)"

I don't know what?!?! WTF???!!! OH AND LEARN HOW TO SPELL RIGHT!

"(one said 242.14 which means that that also might be false)before the XP5 was modified aswell"

None of them said 242mph...

"It also said that a lot of the F1's recieved MODIFICATIONS over its span of production meaning some are faster than others and the later models probably out preform the earlier models. You might be right, but I might be right also. 231 is believable after reading some of the articles. But one of them says "between 217 and 241 mph," No one knows for sure the true topspeed of a um-modified PRODUCTION McClaren F1, and the closest one to production had a rev-limiter reducing its speed to 217 (the one Mario Andretti drove). And the one that hit 240.14(one said 242.14 which means that that also might be false)before the XP5 was modified aswell."

"P.S. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THIS IS THE ONLY CAR WITH A FACTORY REV-LIMITER!!! ALL OTHER CARS WHEN THEY TEST THEIR TOP SPEED, THEY DON'T HAVE THE FACTORY REV LIMITER!!!)" Have you taken that into consideration?!?!?! But the one said most is 240.14 which has been achieved... some say 231 (cough... cough, AMERITECH!) and sometimes 241 mph... removing the rev-limiter would increase its top speed!

I try to use caps only when I need to... and I'm owning you!

16. #116 THEBEAST101, Oct 9, 2007
    That website is crap. Read the wikipedia website and you'll know what im talking about. And with out the rev limiter the thing maxed out at about 244.5mph.

The fastest that Mario Andretti got the thing to was 231 but the spedometer said that he was doing 240 when he was only going 217 (he drove the Amertech).

Yes maybe a few of the F1's go 240 but not all of them do rev limiter or not. I say if you were to buy one off the lot and then tested it for speed, you wouldn't make it to 240 at all.

Once again, this car's speed is a mystery. No one knows for sure if this car can hit 240. This website below say that the one that did so was a prototype, but the one from wikipedia said that one hit 242.14 (then 241.14), then said that the XP5 hit 244.5something.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/MichaelFeldman.shtml

Im getting all kinds of different information when i research this car, im not even sure myslef what is truth and what is fact. But that website you posted or any of them except maybe one or 2, showed me anything.

And as for the rev-limiter. This car is definatley not the only car with a rev-limiter. Many car companyies install factory rev-limiters because they dont want their speed hungry or just plain dumb customers blowing an engine. But the only one with a rev-limiter removed was the XP5 prototype as far as i know and that WASN'T production.

17. #117 McLarenGod, Nov 1, 2007
    Well, I can't force you to accept the fact that the McLaren F1 did go 241.3 MPH (386.4 KM/H)

But you can't argue with this when something is official, its true and cannot be changed, the McLaren F1 did do 240 mph...

18. Thats out of the question. The question is was it PRODUCTION. And my answer is that NO PRODUCTION F1 HAS BEEN TESTED. Only the XP5 and the Amertech have been tested. There is no real record of a production F1 being tested. And yes i understand that it is CAPABLE of 240(acually more than that) but it has a rev limiter. So you're saying that when you take the limiter off a high end AMG or a M BMW that that speed should be listed as the top speed? What about when someone takes one out one day and tries to hit 170 but only ends up at 155. What do you think they'll say? Yes this car is capable of 240 and can even go furthur than that, but the fact is that no PRODUCTION McF1 has hit 240. Its speed is restricted. And this thing did horribly around the ring if you hadn't noticed. Its time was like 7 40 something. The enzo could easily beat that time(since its in the same class as the Carrera GT).

The Enzo has better brakes than this thing and better control at high speeds which makes it a better track car. (which is really its purpose... the F1 is more Drivable on the street)

Once again there is no proof that a PRODUCTION F1 (with rev limiter which is what production F1's have on ther) ever did 240. Im not saying this car sucks there is just falso info going around and im just trying to clear it up.

19. then how do you know that its false INFO, EH?!

20. Because the only F1's that were acually tested/ articled/ video'd were the Amertech F1 and the XP5... There's none of that on the Production F1. They refused to send one to Road and Track years back, and the one they did was Amertech.

21. Yeah... and the Production F1's stats are ALMOST THE SAME AS THE XP5!

22. enzo looks like the ugliest car that ferrari has ever made, but it is fast.

23. Guys. I don't know and don't care who created this topic, but McLaren F1 is still seen as the ultimate supercar. Ask any original supporter of fast cars. Only reasons why yall are complaining is because you can't afford it. I can't also, but hey, at least I admit it. Statisticly and physically, McLaren will definitly win. Will be a challenge, depending who's driving it, but McLaren will win.

24. #124 mclarenf1gtrlm, Sep 13, 2015