F1 Jerez Day 3 - Alonso's first test for McLaren

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by 01246579, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Pos Driver Team Time Laps
    1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:19.493 100
    2. Kovalainenn Renault (B) 1:19.586 92
    3. Alonso McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:19.750 95
    4. Fisichella Renault (B) 1:19.798 100
    5. Klien Honda (B) 1:19.835 121
    6. Kubica BMW-Sauber (B) 1:19.894 125
    7. Badoer Ferrari (B) 1:19.899 38
    8. Vettel BMW-Sauber (B) 1:20.069 117
    9. Liuzzi Red Bull-Ferrari (B) 1:20.191 72
    10. Sato Super Aguri-Honda (B) 1:20.854 104
    11. Gene Ferrari (B) 1:21.015 98
    12. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Cosworth (B) 1:21.277 100
    13. Wurz Williams-Toyota (B) 1:21.368 64
    14. Andretti Honda (B) 1:21.888 67
    15. Speed Toro Ross-Cosworth (B) 1:23.315 14

2. Ferrari had engine failure very strange

3. Sam Michael, Technical Director, WilliamsF1: "Today marked the end of the 2006 testing programme for Williams. The test team will now have a
    good break over Christmas before starting again on 16th January 2007 in Jerez. We started testing back in September with the FW28B car, which is a modified FW28A with the Toyota engine and our 2007 seamless gearbox. This car has completed over 6,500kms and no fewer than three
    complete on-track race simulations as part of our plan to significantly improve reliability in 2007.
    In addition to reliability, we have been working hard on understanding the changes in the tyres that Bridgestone are now supplying, and there are no untoward surprises. They are quite consistent and easier to manage, which is helpful when trying to evaluate different set-up changes from a stable baseline.
    We have had all four of our drivers working during this period with Nico, Alex, Narain and now Kazuki driving. Kazuki performed exceptionally well in his first Formula One test, showing he was
    well prepared for it. This week in Jerez he completed more than 840kms in two days, setting consistent lap times and experiencing no physical problems in the car. I'm really impressed to see that in someone driving an F1 car for the first time, and on that basis believe he has a bright
    future."

4. JEREZ TEST - 15th DECEMBER 2006
    Date: Friday 15th December 2006
    Drivers: Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso
    Track Length: 4.423km
    Weather: Clear skies and warm sunshine
    Track temperature: High of 26.3 degrees Celsius
    Air temperature: High of 16.9 degrees Celsius
    Laps run today: 194
    Laps run in total at test: 549
    Kilometres covered today: Lewis – 442km approx.
    Fernando – 416km approx
    Kilometres covered in total at test: Total –2,427km approx
    Lewis – 791km approx.
    Pedro – 826km approx.
    Gary – 394km approx.
    Fernando – 416 approx
    Best lap time today: Lewis – 1m19.497at 10.53 Fernando – 1m19.747 at 16.47

MARTIN WHITMARSH
    "Today has seen the completion of the 2006 test programme with an encouraging session in Jerez this week. The primary focus of the three pre-Christmas tests has been the learning process between ourselves and Bridgestone. We have been able to gather valuable data on how to get the best out of the Bridgestone Potenzas and we are currently feeding this back into the MP4-22 programme. The drivers have also been working through various development programmes for the MP4-22, such as suspension, aero and set-up work. With Lewis we have also spent time on activities such as putting him out in traffic so that he builds experience of running with other cars.”

5. Final day in Jerez; see you in 2007!

The Renault F1 Team concluded today its testing programme for this year. They will now enjoy a nice break before having to push even harder in January with the arrival of the new R27.

The French team can be satisfied with the work done these last three days: the Renault cars covered more than 2 500 kilometres of testing in Jerez. The objective was twofold: first, to evaluate the reliability of the new gear box and then to continue working on the tyres with our new partner Bridgestone. After three days, the result seemed positive and the team can be optimistic.

Giancarlo and Heikki had a busy programme for their final day but completed it with no major problem. They remained focused on tyre testing and especially worked on the wear of the tyres to adapt the set-up of the car in those grip conditions. With 200 laps covered on both cars, the team has now plenty of data to analyse before starting to work with the new car. At the end of the session, Heikki was P2 in 1:19.573 and his team mate was P3 in 1:19.801.

Christian Silk, the Test Team Chief Engineer, gave us his feelings after this final testing for the 2006 season: “We had a good final day of testing. We completed lots of miles once again and the gear box seems very reliable up to know, which is always quite satisfying for a new part. Everybody worked hard these past few weeks, we are on schedule and we are now ready to start working on the new car.”

6. The Renault F1 Team allowed Fernando Alonso to test one day in Jerez with his new team.

Flavio Briatore and the Renault F1 Team have decided to allow Fernando Alonso to do a one-day test in Jerez with his new team.

Flavio Briatore declared: “Fernando asked me to test one day with his new team to acclimatize himself to the car. We enjoy a very good relationship and considering his work and his fabulous achievements these past two years with the double world titles in 2005 and 2006, we decided to give him this opportunity”

Fernando Alonso also declared: “I have a strong relationship with the Renault F1 Team and I would like to thank Flavio and Renault to have agreed to my request to test one day with my new team.”

7. Steps in a brand new car and straightaway on the pace.

2007 will be a good year!

8. Its not that shocking, I'm not impressed.

9. u should be. u will be

10. hahahahahaha the twat got beaten by Hamilton

11. u dont get it. its his 1st time in this car you fckin idiot.

SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR THE WORLD CHAMP u little sh!t

Alonso is king and will soon get his 3rd title

12. I guess Kimi though the was still at McLaren..

13. Kimi wasn't driving.

As for Alonso doing well, I am not impressed, I expected it. I would have been suprised if he didn't do well. Same as I will be with Kimi in his first Ferrari drive.

14. Holy crap, shut up.

15. as a 2-tiems World Champion he should do better than a rookie !!!

16. sure whateva......u will see.

17. oh for christ's sake.

go shove a dildo you twat.

18. Yeah, let's compare laptimes of a #$%#ing test day of which no one knows what they were actually testing.

19. who the fck is Webber?

20. The Legend Continues!

21. Stfu, dude. I like Alonso, but he's no Michael Schumacher or Ayrton Senna.

22. That said, it's somewhat pleasing to see a Super Aguri car not being too far off.

23. Indeed, It would be nice to see them anywhere but last in 2007.

24. Yeah, I've been watching for the Super Aguri's every time ajzahn posts these test times, and they've always been around abouts the middle, which is awesome.

25. Its hilarious how people argue over winter testing times, when they don't mean much if you don't know how the cars were running. If winter testing was anything to go by, Prost would've been world champion rather than go bankrupt the year he did. His cars were 2 seconds faster than everyone else in winter testing that year...