F1 LM Vs. Zonda's new 678 hp road going R (Cinque)

Discussion in '1995 McLaren F1 LM' started by THEBEAST101, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Seems like a good match up.

Only 5 of each built.

Around the same price. (and sold out)

Same Inspiration behind building the two. (somewhat)

Which would you rather own?

I wouldn't even want to choose... I could stare at both in My garage for years lol.

2. Cheater... >=(

3. McLaren F1 hands down. The two cars may have the same design inspiration, but the people at McLaren made their car a whole lot lighter than the Zonda...plus the R-model is not street-legal.

4. I'm not talking about the R... I'm talking about the Cinque... It's the road going homologated R and F versions of the Zonda.... It's pretty much Zonda's F1 LM.

5. the r and the cinque r totaly different. there is only 1 r and its not street legay, mainly a car to use on track days and look at when the cinque is like a dun up version of the f. any way the mclaren anyday.

6. The Cinque was inspired by the R and the F, which means that they're not totally different at all. The F1 LM came from the F1 GTR, and the Cinque came from the Zonda R.....

Performance wise, the Cinque is 140 kg heavier, but has 10 more HP (not enough to make up for it acceleration wise). Looks as though the underbody diffusers, along with the rear wing will help give the Cinque a edge with stability at higher speeds, and overall higher downforce, but I still think the LM's lighter weight will help it corner faster....

The cinque is also a half of a second slower to 60, and I think that their 0-100 times are similar, but the F1 LM i still faster... ( all i have is 0-125 in 9.8 for the cinque, but I'm not sure how accurate that statement is).

I'd assume the cinque has more luxuries, and safety technologies that would explain the extra 140 kg's, and It looks like a easier car to drive, and control if pushed.

The est top speed is 8 mph lower than the 225 est speed for the F1 LM aswell.....

I'd say looks wise IMO, Zonda Cinque, and due that it's a little more civilized on the road, and acually meant for the road. it also seems the price tag is now 1.5 mil which would make it more expensive than the LM was.

Performance wise, the LM would beat this around the track. It's too fast, and to quick around the corners due to it's weight advantage.

7. The Cinque was inspired by the R and the F, which means that they're not totally different at all. The F1 LM came from the F1 GTR, and the Cinque came from the Zonda R.....

Performance wise, the Cinque is 140 kg heavier, but has 10 more HP (not enough to make up for it acceleration wise). Looks as though the underbody diffusers, along with the rear wing will help give the Cinque a edge with stability at higher speeds, and overall higher downforce, but I still think the LM's lighter weight will help it corner faster....

The cinque is also a half of a second slower to 60, and I think that their 0-100 times are similar, but the F1 LM i still faster... ( all i have is 0-125 in 9.8 for the cinque, but I'm not sure how accurate that statement is).

I'd assume the cinque has more luxuries, and safety technologies that would explain the extra 140 kg's, and It looks like a easier car to drive, and control if pushed.

The est top speed is 8 mph lower than the 225 est speed for the F1 LM aswell.....

I'd say looks wise IMO, Zonda Cinque, and due that it's a little more civilized on the road, and acually meant for the road. it also seems the price tag is now 1.5 mil which would make it more expensive than the LM was.

Performance wise, the LM would beat this around the track. It's too fast, and to quick around the corners due to it's weight advantage.