F1: No More Jaguar F1 in 2005...

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by MurcielagoMan, Sep 1, 2004.

1. HSBC logo will be gone right?

2. No! Jaguar belong in F1! I love the looks of their cars.

3. Jaguar has been rumoured to enter DTM. Sounds good to me, they can start winning touring car championships again as they did in the early 80s.

4. Yeah, it was announced a while ago that they were pulling out at the end of this season.

5. um. if red bull was gonna buy an f1 team, and that austrian dude's that rich, he would buy sauber (which is sponsored by red bull anyways). #1: they run ferrari engines. everyone knows that ferrari engines are good. #2: THEY HAVE THE FRIGGIN BEST WIND TUNNEL IN F1!!! it was built for 55mil last year

6. Who thinks webber would be kicking himself, if this happens.
    I think ford can get him close, to a win. If not a chanpionship in a few years.

7. Aw dammit, then my friend won't get free F1 games anymore.

8. I doubt it, it will be exactly the same team only badged "Ford" instead of "Jaguar". The money was already coming out of Fords pocket, they were calling the cars Jaguar for marketing purpose only.

9. wasn't it originally ford back in the year 2000 or so, back when i believe RUbens raced with htem?

it was sponsored by HSBC, and it was white.?

10. Stewart Ford, owned by Jackie Stewart and ran by him and his son.
    The cars were white with a tartan band around the car.

Johnny Herbert raced for them too and they had a few good results, one at Silverstone if I remember correctly.

11. Herbert won the Nurburgring grand prix for Stewart. The only race they ever won in their short existence.

12. Chances are the Ford team will have exactly the same people running it as the Jaguar team does already. The only difference will most likely be the name, colour scheme and sponsors.

13. possibly a change in management?

Remember a few years ago, Jaguar went through about 4 changes in management?

Even Bobby Rahal took over for a short period of time?

14. it will essentially be the same team......and williams would probably land a title sooner than ford i reckon.