F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

Discussion in '1995 Ferrari F50' started by sesos23, Dec 2, 2002.

1. why didnt they make this car get a faster quatermile than the f40.. and i ve always thought this car had a faster 0-100 than 8.0

2. Re:
    F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

it could be that they made the f50 to have more down force and handle better.. but still i dont under stand why they made the f50 to be slower that the f40 on the quater and 0-60. obviosly it wasnt like they made the engine and the car to be faster than the f40 and it turned out to be slower on the quter mile.. what ever they did they did it intentionally.. i'm just wondering why they did that...

3. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

Because the F40 is better, that's why!

4. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

The F40 had turbos, that has a lot to do with performance. F40 possibly has a smoother and/or higher power/torque curve in mid-range rpms (don't quote me on this though).

Generally, turbo engines can be modded to make lots more power than NA engines. Even though that F50 had a larger displacement and a V12, if one was to do some mods on a F40, it could probably overtake F50 both in top speed and 0-60.

5. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

1/4 mile is similar: app: 11.9s, but 1 Km standing F40 is faster.
    F40 has less power, but more torque, less weight (app. -75 Kg, -165 lb) and better CxS.

Mafalda

6. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

I'm so glad to see you talking about torque !

7. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

I'm a mechanical engineer...

Mafalda

8. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

what the hell,f40 isn't faster are you ppl on crack!~?
    F50's 1/4 mile isn't no freaking 11.9 sec,it's 10.9 JESUS!

9. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

And no #$%#ing wonder,that's all you American car lovers know is torque,do you know anything else?lol

10. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

I like the F40 looks better.

11. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

torque is key to any car. my chev, i will admit has only like 250 hp. but about 325 fp of torque. its all about the low end torque!

12. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

Cause F50 is worse than F40

13. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

Coz the F50 is an overpriced pile of junk and an unworthy successor to the F40....otherwise known as the greatest car in the world.

14. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

only a dumbass ***** would call this car crap

15. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from XR SICK

only a dumbass ***** would call this car crap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay i AM a dumbass *****....what you think you gonna do bout it jap-boy?......oh and least i forget to mention, atleast i'm supercar educated....quite unlike people like you, who drive a NISSAN 300zx once in their lifetime and consider themselves great.

16. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

supercar educated? please and thats coming from someone who calls himself a dumbass *****. like a ***** ur gonna get a bitchslap from my 300

17. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

what AM I gonna do about it? nothing, really since u just admitted URSELF that ur a dumbass *****. so in other words, u just hammered urself!
    Jap boy? is that the best u can do before referring to racism? it ain't hard to see why u dropped out of preschool. and u call urself 'supercar educated', gimme a break.
    also, i'm not japanese, so take ur racist shit and stick it up ur ass where it belongs, just like what u do countless times with ur dad's vibrator.

18. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

Quote from XR SICK

what AM I gonna do about it? nothing, really since u just admitted URSELF that ur a dumbass *****. so in other words, u just hammered urself!
    Jap boy? is that the best u can do before referring to racism? it ain't hard to see why u dropped out of preschool. and u call urself 'supercar educated', gimme a break.
    also, i'm not japanese, so take ur racist shit and stick it up ur ass where it belongs, just like what u do countless times with ur dad's vibrator.

You know what is like a 100 times sicker than a guy who hammers himself? A moron who keeps harping on that same insult over and over again.......because he is too stupid to think up insults of his own... just like you...i know what i am...i dont need your opinion and aint nothing that you say can have too much effect on me
    But speakin of dumbasses....i wonder who the bigger one is here...'RACISM'??? ha...hahhaha.......When i say Jap-boy...i mean a d***head who thinks liitle 4-cylinder japanese cars are cool(those who like them are entitled to their own opinion).....and It was YOU who inferred racism here....if I had meant anything racist by that, this forum would have been flooded by people offended by the same....as you can see....not a single Japanese person said a word yet...which can only mean YOU have nothing better to do than incite racial tensions over nothing.....YOU are the Racist here Mr. Sick.
    Besides...i never called myself supercar-educated....read the posting again if you can't believe me f***head......the issue was YOU.
    Oh by the way, as for my dad's dildo, he realised he had borrowed it way too long and returned it to your mother.

19. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

yeah sure, like thats really gonna change anything. to avoid being a hypocrite i'll just keep quiet while keep insulting urself if thats what u want. if u don't need my opinion and what i say isn't having any affect on u, then y the hell do u keep posting back?
    in case u don't know, what u meant by the term 'jap boy', still carries racial context within its meaning, dumbass. and what ur saying about this forum being flooded by people offended by what u've just said, well guess what? its only been like a day or so and who knows how much japanese people go on this site. its just like saying "i'm gonna get u, whatever racist term" and when sumone accuses u of being racist u just say "ur the racist because UR the one who inferred racism". its just plain stupidity.
    wtf? u didn't call urself 'supercar educated'? u stated clearly that ur 'supercar educated', and denying that u didn't is only making u a bigger dumbass than u really r. Quote: "atleast I'M 'supercar educated', I'M this, I'M that, I'M a dumbass." No, correction, UR the issue. the issue WAS and still IS U!
    my mum gave it to ur dad as a gift, so he can come back to reclaim his beloved dildo. also, u didn't deny it so must luv that dildo in ways unimaginable to mankind.

20. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

yeah sure, like thats really gonna change anything. to avoid being a hypocrite i'll just keep quiet while keep insulting urself if thats what u want. if u don't need my opinion and what i say isn't having any affect on u, then y the hell do u keep posting back?
    in case u don't know, what u meant by the term 'jap boy', still carries racial context within its meaning, dumbass. and what ur saying about this forum being flooded by people offended by what u've just said, well guess what? its only been like a day or so and who knows how much japanese people go on this site. its just like if u steal sumbody's car and when they accuse u of stealing their car, all u'll say is 'i didn't steal ur car, i was merely borrowing it. and the fact that u mentioned i was stealing ur car makes u the stealer.'. its just plain stupidity.
    wtf? u didn't call urself 'supercar educated'? u stated clearly that ur 'supercar educated', and denying that u didn't is only making u a bigger dumbass than u really r. Quote: "atleast I'M 'supercar educated', I'M this, I'M that, I'M a dumbass." No, correction, UR the issue. the issue WAS and still IS U!
    my mum gave it to ur dad as a gift, so he can come back to reclaim his beloved dildo. also, u didn't deny it so must luv that dildo in ways unimaginable to mankind.

21. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

in case u don't know, what u meant by the term 'jap boy', still carries racial context within its meaning, dumbass. and what ur saying about this forum being flooded by people offended by what u've just said, well guess what? its only been like a day or so and who knows how much japanese people go on this site. its just like if u steal sumbody's car and when they accuse u of stealing their car, all u'll say is 'i didn't steal ur car, i was merely borrowing it. and the fact that u mentioned i was stealing ur car makes u the stealer.' its just plain stupidity.
    my mum found it and gave it to ur dad as a gift, so he can now come back and reclaim his beloved dildo. also, u didn't deny it so u must luv that dildo in ways unimaginable to mankind.

22. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

yeah yeah whatever you wanna believe in pissf***.......as long as you please do keep in mind what i said in the last posting.
    How pleasing that you once again prove who is the dumbass here....YOU.....hahahhaha....the reason i keep posting back (and please do read and think about this carefully; i can't be held responsible for your low IQ) is because i like this site; i like posting to this site; i was posting to this site before i knew it had a f***head member like you; and i will keep posting to this site no matter what......so there you have it.
    And as for the racism issue, it hasn't been one day but almost three at the time i'm writing this motherf***er and in case your head is sooo full of racist bulls*** that you think no japanese people view this site...please do take some time out from thinking up some more of your pathetic dildo insults and take a look around the Japanese car forums.....and as for the racist terminology...who started the racist angle anyway....jeez man, you are so f***in poor at technicalities, if this was a trial they would have hanged you yesterday.
    I ain't gonna whip on your mom no more coz that would be whipping a dead horse...in fact i am apolegetic to her that i sank to your levels and used your family to insult you...i'm not ever gonna do it because it is so low and your kinda thing not mine.

23. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

very funny, not.
    quit posting back because its only proving u to be a bigger a dumbass than before. i like this site too and i like posting on this site aswell, as a matter in fact, i was posting on this site before a
    dumbass member, eg. U, even knew of this site. that said, i don't car if u keep posting at this site b/c what i mean is why do u keep replying to my posts.
    if u didn't know, its been one day since i said that ur a racist and u replied saying that i was the racist. so get ur time and facts straight. i also meant how regularly a japanese person actually visited the F50 forum. as for ur name, i suggest u atleast change it. get over it, the war has been over for more than 50 years. and if u don't think thats racist, how about the short 3 letter word for aboriginals huh? its just as bad and if one of my aboriginal friends heard u say it, well i won't go into details. and its the same with japanese people. duh!
    about the trial thing, u'll be shot from where u stood without going through the trouble of a trail.
    i don't know about u but as far as i'm concerned this is just pointless bickering. all this arguing has just dragged me down to ur level of stupidity and i must admit, ur beating me, but only by experience. its a huge waste of time, while i could be posting more useful things in other forums. u can continue all this talk but in the end it'll only prove that ur the stupid one. well, don't even bother posting anything back b/c i'll won't be around to read it!

24. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

very funny, not.
    quit posting back because its only proving u to be a bigger a dumbass than before. i like this site too and i like posting on this site aswell, as a matter in fact, i was posting on this site before a dumbass member, eg. U, even knew of this site. that said, i don't care if u keep posting at this site b/c what i mean is why do u keep replying to my posts.
    if u didn't know, its been one day since i said that ur a racist and u replied saying that i was the racist. so get ur time and facts straight. i also meant how regularly a japanese person actually visited the F50 forum. as for ur name, i suggest u atleast change it. get over it, the war has been over for more than 50 years. and if u don't think thats racist, how about the short 3 letter word for aboriginals huh? its just as bad and if one of my aboriginal friends heard u say it, well i won't go into details. and its the same with japanese people. duh!
    about the trial thing, u'll be shot from where u stood without going through the trouble of a trail.
    i don't know about u but as far as i'm concerned this is just pointless bickering. all this arguing has just dragged me down to ur level of stupidity and i must admit, ur beating me, but only by experience. its a huge waste of time, while i could be posting more useful things in other forums. u can continue all this talk but in the end it'll only prove that ur the stupid one. well, don't even bother posting anything back b/c i'll won't be around to read it!

25. Re: F40 beats this on a quatermile? why?

OK, i apologise for calling u a whatever and i take that back but u could do more to show the respect this car deserves. u can criticise it all u want, but atleast back it with facts before calling it an overpriced pile of junk. lets just resolve like civilised people, OK?