fast car

Discussion in '2000 Opel Speedster' started by hashfaq, Aug 10, 2002.

1. real nice

2. Re: fast car

real nice, are you stupid, they are cheep, they are wide and ugly, all it is is a lotus elise but alot uglier with a opel/vauxhall badge<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: fast car

real nice, are you stupid, they are cheep, they are wide and ugly, all it is is a lotus elise but alot uglier with a opel/vauxhall badge<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: fast car

5. Re: fast car

6. Re: fast car

<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: fast car

ah oh! NEwbies getting in fights!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: fast car

I don't think its a cheap rip-off of a elise, its got its own design, and it is a whole lot more affordable

9. Re: fast car

The Speedster's definately go it's own styling theme. I would like to see it here in the US.

10. Re: fast car

Actually I think they do sell it here, don't they?! Wait...does Opel even sell cars in America?!

11. Re: fast car

i have never seen any being sold
    but i have seen imported cars very very rarely

12. Re: fast car

There were rumors once about GM bringing the car to the States...
    uhhm, with a Pontiac badge (sort of a replacement for the Firebird convertible) but I don't know if that's true because this car doesn't meet safety regulations ...

If GM wants to sell the car in the US first they have to redesign the headlamps, the front fender, they have to make it taller, and the interior must be redesigned to fit a passenger airbag, all this modifications will add weight to the car.

But the idea still sounds really cool ...<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: fast car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from oh5bellies</i>
    <b>real nice, are you stupid, they are cheep, they are wide and ugly, all it is is a lotus elise but alot uglier with a opel/vauxhall badge</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What the hell are you talking about? This is a great car!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: fast car

they only cars imported are benz, bmw, and jaguar, very rarely will you find this car imported, you'd have to import it yourself

15. Re: fast car

if it came it would be under the saturn nameplate i think<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: fast car

this car is awsome!!!!<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: fast car

If they would start selling this as a pontiac or any other eurocar, it would be harmful to the brand because PONTIAC is americas little shit. It doesen't have any good thing. bankcrupsy awaits. F.U.C.K Pontiac! Instead of bombing Afganistan, they should drop pontiacs there...

18. opel will never b cool . . .

oh yeah, very nice... riiight.. no way man, this is an opel >:-/

what r they trying to do, getting rid of their dusty, boring, grandma's car image?? pfffft.. for once they're producing something that's not designed for looking, performing and driving average and immediately they need to turn to lotus...
    yes, this speedster IS a lotus elise !! the 2 cars share too much to consider this opel an individual car..
    besides, for that money, who would even consider buying an opel?? i'd rather have a cheap version of the mercedes slk or a mazda rx7 (or wait for the new rx8)

statement: opel will never make a really cool car, at least not by themselves . . .

greetz from the country where the opel astra is the bestselling car since the beginning of mankind<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: fast car

Lets calm down, pontiacs are no worse than any other GM car or any other American car for that matter. It was true that American cars were unreliable, but now that has changedm, GM has partnered with other companies so that they can make reliable cars, and they have succeded. Just as Ford has.

20. Re: fast car

You can not import this car yourself.

21. Re: fast car

it's okay<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: fast car

Speedster.... Hmm the name must say it all.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: opel will never b cool . . .

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Louhnatique</i>
    <b>oh yeah, very nice... riiight.. no way man, this is an opel >:-/

what r they trying to do, getting rid of their dusty, boring, grandma's car image?? pfffft.. for once they're producing something that's not designed for looking, performing and driving average and immediately they need to turn to lotus...
    yes, this speedster IS a lotus elise !! the 2 cars share too much to consider this opel an individual car..
    besides, for that money, who would even consider buying an opel?? i'd rather have a cheap version of the mercedes slk or a mazda rx7 (or wait for the new rx8)

statement: opel will never make a really cool car, at least not by themselves . . .

greetz from the country where the opel astra is the bestselling car since the beginning of mankind</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    They don't really have an old peep's car image, look at the tigra, lotus omega and the calibra, all very good car (ok, so maybe exept the tigra) all got good performances. would u really see an old guy drivin a tigra?<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: fast car

There is no way that this car can stretch to a third brand. Lotus are going to be using the spare capacity for the Elise on the production line. The GM deal is due to end late 2003. If the Elise goes Global then this car finishes for good.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: fast car

Thats funny. Have you checked out the Speedster's stats? Basically, its design is almost the exact same as the Vauxhall VX220's, and they're the same car, but this car is slightly better, because of a 2 HP increase(?), hah, and it's a bit lighter. I suppose thats why its cost is around $50,000. I'd rather save up and buy a TVR Tamora, if it ever comes out.<!-- Signature -->