faster than the mclaren f1?

Discussion in '2000 Koenigsegg CC' started by maclaren4life, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

No, the F1 has a topspeed of 391 km/h, and it has been tested.
    This car has a topspeed of 390km/h, on paper.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

I'm not so sure about that, Welle...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

Well, Koenisegg CC is "teorictly" more faster. McLaren f1 is not the fastest car in the world, the record is on 410km/h from a Chevrolet Callaway " someting". I'm just waiting for the test ride of CC, but there are 10 people that have purchazed the CC, but we still don't know the real topspeed of this baby. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

The Mclaren F1 that was tested at 391 km/h had its revlimiter diabled.
    Therefor the "stock" Mclaren F1 does not do 391km/h.
    <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

Even if it is faster, look at their bhp and PRICES!!! you can buy 3 CCs for the price of ONE F1, plus the CC is more exotic than the F1.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

only because they don't dare to take it any faster !

8. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

I just wanna tell all those Chev boys, that the engine from this mutha comes from the Mutang Cobra, so shut the hell up.

9. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

Even if it is faster, it's not better. It's supercharged and has the same power as the Mac does NA. Thus, the F1 is more responsive. Also, this thing has a sequential transmission, meaning that it saves about .5sec every time you have to shift. Both cars go 0-60 in first gear, but the reason that the 0-100 times are so close is that this baby gets a half-second handicap.
    To get the top speed for this car, both side mirrors were taken off and a new rear spoiler was installed.
    This car is nice, but it wasn't created with the same engineering finesse and passion for design with which Gordon Murray created the F1. The design and the engine of the F1 are now more than 6 years old, and it still beats this car...impressive. No one has even come close to beating the McLaren from an engineering standpoint. The Veyron beats it on paper, but with 4 more turbos, 4 more cylinders, 4 wheel drive, 400 more horsepower, 1 more sequential gear, and a bigger price tag. Bugatti just went brute force and beat the Mac. Koenigsegg tried to go up against Murray's engineering skills and lost.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LanciaDeltaIntegraleS4</i>
    <b>Even if it is faster, it's not better. It's supercharged and has the same power as the Mac does NA. Thus, the F1 is more responsive. Also, this thing has a sequential transmission, meaning that it saves about .5sec every time you have to shift. Both cars go 0-60 in first gear, but the reason that the 0-100 times are so close is that this baby gets a half-second handicap.
    To get the top speed for this car, both side mirrors were taken off and a new rear spoiler was installed.
    This car is nice, but it wasn't created with the same engineering finesse and passion for design with which Gordon Murray created the F1. The design and the engine of the F1 are now more than 6 years old, and it still beats this car...impressive. No one has even come close to beating the McLaren from an engineering standpoint. The Veyron beats it on paper, but with 4 more turbos, 4 more cylinders, 4 wheel drive, 400 more horsepower, 1 more sequential gear, and a bigger price tag. Bugatti just went brute force and beat the Mac. Koenigsegg tried to go up against Murray's engineering skills and lost.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

geek alert lets ee you havent driven a supercharged car have you? connects to the cranckshaft via belts, instand responce? and 2nd off from Koenigsegg you can select either a sequential or a manual gearbox. 3rd off, the Mclaren F1 was hopped out too for its top speed test. 3rd off, V8 is a tested and proven engine, 4th off, the Mclaren costs 890 k at BEST. bugatti is about half that. McLarens are not the end all be all any longer, sorry folks

11. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

The F1 is a better engineering job, but i love sequential trannies. This car has an adjustable suspension all around, that is adjusted from the cockpit also all the aero is adjustable also. The F1's suspension and aero are non adjustable, because Murray believed the handling should remain the same so the car is more predictable. This car is more of a race car for the road, where as the F1 was a super sports car meant for the road not the track.

12. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

Heh thats right man NA does not make a car more responsive than a supercharged car because a supercharger works right throught the rpm band hence "power on demand". If it were turbocharged then you may be correct due to turbo lag at low rpms but im sure there is a way even this can be improved upon. The F1 granted is a beautiful car but this one is just that much more sexy and if it holds up to be what they say it should be then i think you will be eating your words... 260k vs 900k i mean come on! Oh and by the way "more faster" thats some sweet english!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Welle</i>
    <b>No, the F1 has a topspeed of 391 km/h, and it has been tested.
    This car has a topspeed of 390km/h, on paper.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->he said on paper, the F1 had 386kph on paper and the cc hasnt been tested so youl never know

14. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

This car is the future (if not the present) king of supercars in terms of overall status: Speed, acceleration, price tag, design (#1), handling. It will be a close one between McLaren, Koenigsegg, and Bugatti.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

Gotta admit a soft spot for the F1 LM especially. The difficult thing in comparing them is that "on paper" is not so great when it comes to accuracy. And the differences here on paper are pretty minute. But eventully, some car will top the F1. Just reality. The F1 is the king of its peers as far as I'm concerned, but cars like this will beat it out in time. This car looks like it could do it. What I want to know is if this has the ground effect fans like the F1 to keep it under controll. That has always been one of the things I like about the F1, clean lines, no huge obscene spoiler. Same for this car too. <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

The McLaren is probably faster and better, but I prefer this car because of the styling. It looks a little too much like a space ship but it's still better looking than the McLaren.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

You are right that a supercharger does work through the whole rpm and so it works immediately as oppose to a turbo but it still considered to be an "added" power to the engine and with all mechanics is concern there is no such thing as perfect efficiency. A supercharger that performs the same as an NA engine on paper will not in real life. Simply because a supercharged engined system requires more moving parts, a belt to give it power and etc. it will lose efficiency so it will not perform as well as an NA system. But the difference will not be much.

18. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

Koeingsegg, no doubt.
    OK, no real life specs, but the "paper" numbers are based on the company tests. If they say 390 it is becasue that's how fast they got.
    It is faster than the McLaren F1, and looks way better. It's beautiful.
    Incredible styling, and I love the way the bonnet opens...
    Besides, this car being a "dream-come-true" for some guy in sweden makes it way more classy and exotic.
    Just think about it - the F1 was made by a huge company, and the engine is even BMW.
    The CC started as a dream for koenigsegg, and he made his dream come true, started a car from scratch, and what a car.
    That's makes the car much more special. If it wasn't for the Veyron, this car would have gotten much more attention.
    And I will always choose this car over a Volkswagen-made beast like the Beyron.
    This is the future, NOT the Bugatti.and no matter how great the F1 is, it's still the past...

19. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

I still don't see how you guys can say the F1 is built better, how would you know??? and no one knows about this car so don't say its better than the F1 or the F1 is better<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CorvetteZ06BadAss</i>
    <b>I still don't see how you guys can say the F1 is built better, how would you know??? and no one knows about this car so don't say its better than the F1 or the F1 is better</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Agreed! But in a few months the CC will prevail. Long live Koenigsegg!!!<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gringo</i>
    <b>Koeingsegg, no doubt.
    OK, no real life specs, but the "paper" numbers are based on the company tests. If they say 390 it is becasue that's how fast they got.
    It is faster than the McLaren F1, and looks way better. It's beautiful.
    Incredible styling, and I love the way the bonnet opens...
    Besides, this car being a "dream-come-true" for some guy in sweden makes it way more classy and exotic.
    Just think about it - the F1 was made by a huge company, and the engine is even BMW.
    The CC started as a dream for koenigsegg, and he made his dream come true, started a car from scratch, and what a car.
    That's makes the car much more special. If it wasn't for the Veyron, this car would have gotten much more attention.
    And I will always choose this car over a Volkswagen-made beast like the Beyron.
    This is the future, NOT the Bugatti.and no matter how great the F1 is, it's still the past...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I like most of what this guy says, the classiness and all, but I gotta say that the "on paper" stats usually mean that they were not actually tested, even by the manufacturer, its usually a mathematical estimate. The supercharger bit is reall the only legitimate argument against this car, but it does keep the engine weight down.

Oh yeah, did you see the skidpad on this thing? its a whole .29 g's better than the mac f1. I think that may be from the newer version of this car, but still, wow 1.15g.

22. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

this car can win against the F1 anytime.

swedens best sportcar and the worlds best sportcar<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

who cars whats faster, in my mind the F1 and this are amazing pieces of excelence. i dont really think you will ever get to experience the top speed of either of these machines.

24. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

Barely. I have a lot of respect for this car, as its a supercharged V8, and it has stats that are good enough to compete with the McLaren F1. Despite the fact that it uses a supercharger, I still like it more than the McLaren. It has a more modern aesthetically-pleasing look to it. The McLaren F1 still has some impressive performance for a car that is 5 years old, but I would prefer to have three or four of these rather than just 1 McLaren F1.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: faster than the mclaren f1?

I love this car! I don't really like McLaren, so I'd have to go with my bias and choose the Koenigsegg CC. This is funky...my favorite cars all come from different parts of the world...guess everybody's got something grand to offer. I'd like to thank Sweden for this godly invention. -FCT

(Hostiliy holds no name, only action)