Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Discussion in '2001 Honda Integra Type R' started by hydronugget, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

And it's 5000 euro dollars more expensive! In Europe, Focus RS competes with WRX and EVo.

2. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

6.0 fastest car? spirit r/t does it in 5.8 and it's a 1991, honda 2001 doing 6.0 is a piece of crap

3. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

0-60 isn't everything, let's see that spirit r/t compare to this when accelerating out of a turn.

4. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

1/4 is good too
    for the handling, dunno for sure, they made it with a sport suspension but can't be as good as a 2001 suspension, anyway the topic is the fastest front wheel drive car, and it's surely not

5. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

I agree it's not the fastest, but maybe the best handling with fastest together.

6. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

oops, I missed that part, in that case I'd say the WRX STI FWD (yes, they do make it, and it costs considerably less without the AWD.

I'd say the Focus RS can't compete with the STI or the EVO (and the EVO is only .1 sec faster - 0-60) I think the STI and EVO can't really be separated as far as performance goes.

p.s. The handling Kicks ass in both, I wouldn't say either handles better though, just differently, I've driven the WRX, but not the EVO so I can't really say for sure, but if the handling of the two in GT3 A-Spec bears any similarity to the real cars (and it does bear some to the WRX), then I'd say the handling of the WRX is more suited to my style of driving.

7. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

The Alfa Romeo 147 GTA must be the fastest FWD car. 250 bhp in a 1300kg car. The official Alfa 0-62 figure is 6.3, so 0-60 will be around 6.0 or 6.1.

Tom

8. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Mine did 6.5... Had to sell it...*cries*

9. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Yep.

10. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

The EVO is better than the STi in every category, except ride comfort.

11. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

the only reason I question that is because in most comps stock vs. stock the STI does better.

12. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

what is comp?

13. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

comparison.

14. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

oic.

15. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

They are so similar in handling and speed I find that hard to believe. Though perhaps on pavement the EVO is better in comparison when it's on pavement. An excellent comparison is virtually any Rally competition right now. Just look at the SCCA, Canadian Rally championship, WRC, WCRA rallies, and even off-road tests, in all of these the STI has shown much better performance, though both are equally involved in the SCCA and Canadian Rally championship.

16. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Please don't turn this into an EVO vs. STI debate, I like both cars almost as much and have near equivalent respect for both. The performance is too similar to really say which is better.....that's that.

17. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

CORRECTION.
    It is the fastest in its rank.... and to all you honda trashers go to hell mother ffffffuuckerss, go f u c k a camaro or a corvette (i also love corvettes) if you dont like them why are you getting into these forums???? The guy that started this forum is still wrong, and all those saabs are a little fastest than it but they are not in its rank, they are turbo and have larger engines... This is something you have to know how to drive because it doesnt have much torque, so you have to shift a lot and mantain it over 6200rev/min. Sounds more RACING-LIKE doesn't it?? fun to drive?? OH YES... And the most important thing is that it is reliable...

And hey, the last Integra Type R... 1.8L DOHC VTEC 195hp is faster than this...

You can't put this to compete with a CL, the CL is a 3.2L V6, its 41%larger than this, put it against a BMZ330Ci...? tight race huh?? Hondas are little ferraris, divide the engine of the 360 Modena by two, you'll get 1.8L inline 4, 200hp at over 8000rpms. So hey torque fans if you want a torqueful honda go buy a ferrari, high hp per liter and high torque but ferraris are not reliable, hondas are and HONDA will not build any V8 because they are not dedicated to exotic racing cars, even thogh they build the NSX AND S2000, they also build minivans, CR-V's, accords and other shits, and that's how they make the money ok?? and the little sports cars they make dont have any competitor, except for 4cyl turbocharged cars... they are unique and they dont give problems to you... So if you dont like Hondas, get tha fuuck out of this forum, or get in but make reasonable comparisons.

Peace.

18. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

truer words have never been spoken

19. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Yeah right......

20. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

you thik the NSX & S2000 are fast what the hell are you smoking

21. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Hmm, NSX-R does 0-60mph in 4.4 sec, that's 0.1 sec faster than Z06. Hmm...I think that's fast enough for a car with 280hp.

22. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

What does fastest in its rank mean. If by rank you are reffering to fwd then you are incorrect. By the way, why is power only in the upper revs racing like? And since when is torque steer fun?

As for the NSX-R (or what ever other letters are tacked onto the name), 4.4 is still slower than the 4.2 seconds that it achieves in the quareter. However, if you choose not to believe me (which you probably will) then, for the .1 second in the quarter wouldn't you rather have $40,000, a flat power curve, and best of all, an LS6. Hell for the diiference you could upgrade to a 427 LS6.

23. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Hmm, u see, the NSX-R is not a drag racer. ANd u don't expect it to have faster acceleration. It's only allow to have 280hp! There aren't many cars in this world that can do 0-60 in 4.4 sec and a top speed of 170mph with only 280hp.

24. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

You are right, I once saw a guy get pulled over in an NSX-R and the cops made him measure the Hp at the crank. It showed he had it up to 281 Hp. Since it isn't allowed he was arrested and thrown in jail. But seriously, I know the NSX sn't a drag car its numbers clearly show it. The vette will not do all of the things you just said with 280bhp, however it will do that and better with more horsepower and torque for less cost. And even though cheaper cars like the vette and viper will handle just as well (if not better), in most cases, when someone pulls up beside you at the lights and looks over what do you think the other person means. I seriously doubt it is a signal to go to the nearest track, rent it out, and run a few laps. No, they are probably want to DRAG race till the next light or what ever. Don't get me wrong, the NSX is a great car, but in my OPINION, not worth the money for Ferrari like looks, a name, and lack of all out performance.

25. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

For the last frickin time, the handling of the Corvette and Viper pales in comparison to the handling of the NSX. I've raced more people on our twisty highway's than drag raced them on straights. I prefer to drive a car that offers sheer driving pleasure and kick in the pants performance. And whether you'll admit it or not 4.4 secs is pretty damn fast for 0-100km/h, the only cars with equivalent or less hp are the EVO, STI, Lotus Elise 340R, and a few others that you wouldn't dare say have a lack of all out performance. Power delivery in the NSX is excellent (as with the S2000) and that's an inescapable fact. Now the high price is for the quality of craftmanship (if you don't believe me, consider this - Honda breaks even on every NSX sold), and the handling that is matched by no other car in its class. That's worth the hefty price tag if you ask me, that's a true "driver's car".