Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Discussion in '2001 Honda Integra Type R' started by hydronugget, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

It's a law in Japan that stock cars cannot have over 280hp.

The NSX-R laps the Nurburgring in 7:56. ZO6 and viper lap it in more than 8 min.

No, street racing is illegal, i dun't go street racing. if u wanna race, gotot a track.

2. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

"It's a law in Japan that stock cars cannot have over 280hp."

-Bullshit, that makes absolutly no sense at all. What about turbo Supras and 300ZXs?

"The NSX-R laps the Nurburgring in 7:56. ZO6 and viper lap it in more than 8 min."

-Well, I am thinking that that is not entirely accurate I am not going to wuss out and say something like "I would hope that an NSX CONCEPT would be able to beat a production Z06" or "A few seconds for more than twice the cost?!", I simply cannot be bothered to check for proof or anything. Therefore I am forced to accept what you say at face value.

"No, street racing is illegal, i dun't go street racing. if u wanna race, gotot a track. "

J-walking is illegal too, please don't tell me you have ever done that, it is too shocking to be put for others to see. Street racing is all about the moment. You pull up, the light turns, you race, you won or lose, no hard feelings. It loses something when you roll down the window and say, "Lets book a date. I'll pencil you in and we can book a track in between events"

3. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

"-Bullshit, that makes absolutly no sense at all. What about turbo Supras and 300ZXs?"

Those cars aren't designed for Japan, sadly all NSX's are designed the same as the Japanese versions (at least all current production NSX's....p.s. a 400hp NSX is on it's way by 2005.

"Therefore I am forced to accept what you say at face value."

I haven't seen it, but apparently there is a video clip of the NSX-R doing a 7:56 lap.

4. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Jeez man, i lived in Japan for a few years man, do u think i know better or u? In Japan, supras and 300ZX have 280hp. WHen they are broughjt to america, the companies just change the settings of the cars.

hmm, the NSX-R is the a concept, it's on sale in Japan, it costs about 10% more than a normal NSX.

If u want prove of a NSX-R laping the nurburgring in 7:56, a know a place where u can get that video in vancouver.

And it's a not a matter of second, but the driving fun that matters most to real car enthusiatics. And ask any car test drivers, ask them do they think the NSX is a very fun to drive car.

J-waling is illegal? WEll, may be in america, cuz in canada, it's not illegal, although it's not safe. But street racing, no, how bout speeding? is already illegal.

5. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

"Jeez man, i lived in Japan for a few years man, do u think i know better or u? In Japan, supras and 300ZX have 280hp. WHen they are broughjt to america, the companies just change the settings of the cars."

-What's the point of limiting power?

"hmm, the NSX-R is the a concept, it's on sale in Japan, it costs about 10% more than a normal NSX."

-So is it a concept or is it on sale?

"And it's a not a matter of second, but the driving fun that matters most to real car enthusiatics. And ask any car test drivers, ask them do they think the NSX is a very fun to drive car."

-I never said it wasn't fun to drive. While I have never actually had the pleasure of driving any NSX, I can assure you that a vette is also a pretty fun car to drive as well (as I am a proud owner).

"J-waling is illegal? WEll, may be in america, cuz in canada, it's not illegal, although it's not safe. But street racing, no, how bout speeding? is already illegal."

-I'm guessing from your comment that you live in BC where it seems that everything except for skateboarding on the streets is legal. Here in Toronto however, you violate a municipal law by J-Walking and you can recieve a small fine. Speeding is illigal too but necessarily recless. Its one thing to drive fast, another to drive stupid.

6. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly.

The NSX-R is for sale in Japan, but a Concept being displayed for other countries (I imagine they want to get the consumer's reaction before they produce it and sell it to us.

7. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly.

The NSX-R is being sold in Japan, it's being displayed at auto shows everywhere else (I imagine they want to get the consumer's opinion before they start selling it)

8. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

U should ask the Japanese government why. I dunno

Sorry, it was a typo, i was going to write NSX-R is not a concept.

Yes, I live in Vancouver. I've never been to Toronto, sorry. My english is not that good, wut does recless mean?

9. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

"Yes, I live in Vancouver. I've never been to Toronto, sorry. My english is not that good, wut does recless mean? "

-Sorry it was a typo. I meant reckless.

10. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

kw?

11. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

sorry, again, my ebglish is pretty crappy, i dun't know that many words....

Although thr POLICY says 280hp is the limit for stock cars, a manufacuturer can still make more then that through certains way. One way is to tune up their cars with their own tuners. For example, Mitsubishi has ralliart, Honda has Mugen, Toyota has TRD.

12. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

when manufacturers in japan rate their cars at 276hp (not 280), they do the same trick that domestic companies used to do to musclecars to help lower insurance costs. for example, theyll say (276hp at 6000rpm) and while that may be true, it actually might make 310hp at 7000rpm. or they will put a restrictor in the intake that limits the power, but when you see these "stock" cars on the racetrack they will have their restrictors removed. this nsxr that lapped the track that fast was more than likely making in excess of 300hp.

13. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

sorry, i mean 280ps.

14. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Very nice car indeed.

I would "rock" it.

15. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

I read in a few posts "j waling" or something like that.
    can somebody clear things up about what it stands for?
    also whats the difference between hp and ps?
    Those who think im newbie for asking that, i got a good one.
    what does v-tec stand for? ok go look on the Internet and come back with an answer right? I mean most of ppl only talk about V-tec and dont even know anything about it!

16. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

its been christened the best handling FWD car many times, and i recon it could take most other stock FWD cars on a twisty track.

17. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

You Guys are Fucking Stupid if you think This Car is the Fast This car is Fucking slow as hell It cant beat a vette!!

18. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world must be FORD FOCUS RS.
    For Honda NSX-R, it has a similar concept to the legendary Porsche 911 Carrera RS and later become GT3.

Excuse me, may I never use the word "legendary" to describe a Japanese sports car and supercar except NSX-R.

19. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

they did idiot. dumass... if you dun consider a nsx a honda car you and its a rear wheel drive car and also considered a supercar

20. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

hahhahahaha he laughs b/c there is a 4 cylinder .. hey i haven't seen one amercican car have 200 hp n/a like japanese car can.. lets see honda s2000 honda accord. rsx prelude all 4 cylinders... i guess your proud of those gay cavaliers... and plus american cars are only fast in a straight line ...

21. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

your dumb i bet an nsx can out perform a camaro ss oh no not in a drag race god forbid that it would be too easy for a camaro... driving in straight line is easy lets how a camaro could do in a hair pin or maybe a 4 wheel drift.. s2000 and nxs would leave that camaro or mustang or w/e v 8 powered american car in the dust and probably crashed up on the guard rail

22. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

he he. ive allways wondered why most american cars are foul handling rustbuckets. i read in another frum about some guy who thinks the zo6 is the best, and he was saying how the onboard computer in a vette is so good, how u can get it to display tire pressure erc, and u CAN GET THAT IN A RENAULT LAGUNA!!!!

23. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

actually they wouldn't beat the z06 which also cost less then the nsx.

24. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

You and KonQuestxTsi are morons. Americans cars can and do handle well, take the S7, GT-40, 2003 Mustang Cobra, vette, z06, focus, etc...all amazing handling cars.
    The z06, is both cheaper, faster, and better handling then all the cars you two have mentioned.
    You two fail life. Idiots.

25. Re: Fastest Front wheel drive car in the world!

Did you know that the FWD cars have more advanced technology than the RWD, they're more modern and they're more difficult to make them