ferrari automatic....

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 456M GT Scaglietti' started by goodcars, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I know this particular 456 is not equipped with an automatic transmission but some of them are! I just hate knowing that ferrari makes an auto tranny in such a beautiful machine - they have done this is several models from the past also. who would ever buy one? probably one of those stupid celebrities who has a ton of money and likes to be seen in one. ahhh!!!!

2. Re: ferrari automatic....

You're 100% correct. Ferraris should only have 6-speed manuals or F1's.

3. Re: ferrari automatic....

No one buys the automatic version. It's 7,000 dollars more. Over 80% of the 456M are manual, though. The auto is also slower. I can't stand celebrites who buy automatic ferraris.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: ferrari automatic....

If you're saying people shouldn't buy automatic because of the price difference, $7000 is not that much when you're talking about a car that costs $250,000. Automatic Ferraris suck because they ruin their own prestige. They're made for people who like to drive rich but are too lazy to shift a 6-speed and make the most of it.

5. Re: ferrari automatic....

They have to have the option of the automatic for the rich 90 year old man who can't push in a clutch. It's a #$%#ing disgrace that a masterpiece of engineering would be built, but never DRIVEN!

6. Re: ferrari automatic....

For the "90 year old man who cant put in the clutch" Thye should give them a sequential, they are for lazy people. You seem to be forgeting about the people with only one arm :)P) who can only drive auto...if that makes sense. Cna disabled people in the way of one arm even get a liscense?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: ferrari automatic....

Ferrari didn't intend to make the 456 a super fast sports car. Ferrari wanted to make the 456 a luxurious sports car like an Aston Martin. They did a good job if you ask me. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: ferrari automatic....

The automatic model is known as a 456GTA ("A" onviously standing for automatic)and, annoying as it is, they actually sell better than the manual GT's

9. Re: ferrari automatic....

As far as I'm concerned its the same shite as the F1 tranny.

If there's no hand or foot-operated clutch, it's not a real manual, IMO. My friend's uncle bought an F1, wanted a Diablo, but couldn't drive stick (u'd think he cud afford some lessons).

The F1 is also apparently shite for city driving. Only good for the track. I was w/ my parents, saw a 360, talked to the owner. He sed he had the F1, hated it and sold it, and got the clutch and stic version instead.

10. Re: ferrari automatic....

I say only 6sp manuals,screw even F1's letalone Automatics,lol!