Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Discussion in '1994 McLaren F1' started by Richard Owen, Dec 4, 2003.

1. #1 Richard Owen, Dec 4, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

I say the Enzo wins on the race track. Its acceleration is almost as good as the Mclaren F1, but does 1.05g on the skidpad, one of the best handling cars around.

3. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

F1.

Its just as fast. Its much better looking. Its got more history. Its perfectly balanced side to side, not just balanced front to back. Put the updated break systems of today on it and it will keep up with the Enzo no sweat on the track.

Besids that its relaible relative to other Super-exotics. I have been meaning to ask, maybe someone here will know (doubtful) if the Enzo uses a special gas. It was mentioned once and I doubt its true, but who knows? the F1s BMW 6L V12 has been racking up significant mileage for a long time, where the Enzos engine has not in its form.

4. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

On a real track, or pretty well any track for that matter. the Enzo would squish the F1. The F1 only pulls .86 gs. Thats pitiful for a super car...

5. Re:
    Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Im sticking with the Enzo for two main reasons: 1) it is still in production, which means parts are availible (despite the ultra-high price) and 2) It is much more streetable than the McLaren ever was...The Center driving position is great for the track, but most likely would be difficlut to deal with on the road...

Performance wise, the McLaren is king...There is absolutly no argueing there, but up here in the Snowbelt (ie Michigan) you need a little comfort going out and about...

6. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

You don't know very much about true handling, do you?

7. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

McLaren F1

8. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Please, the F1 would win hands down. You're forgetting one major factor. The Mclaren weighs ~2200lbs while the Enzo weighs ~3600lbs.

9. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

I love ferraris as much as the next Ferrari fan , but I'm sorry the Enzo's styling just fails in my opinion therefore I voted for the Mclaren F1.

I know you're all going to say " styling doesn't mean squat" , well I'm sorry but If I'm going to pay nearly a million bucks for a car it better look as good as it performs and the F1 does all that , the Enzo doesn't. ;p

10. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

No, to tell you the truth i dont. Im pretty sure though that the more g's a car can pull, the faster it could move through a turn without losing its grip, and therefor the faster it could exit the turn. Didnt the Maclaren get smoked in a race by two cars (forget which but they were cars that i thought the F1 should beat for sure) because it didnt have enough group.

11. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

The F1...

It's faster and it looks better then an Enzo. The Enzo will indeed win on track, because of its advanced techniques. But if Ferrari really wanted to make a perfect supercar, they should have beaten the F1 on any test. Ferrari wouldn't let any car-program or -magazine test the Enzo against an F1. They did that on purpose, because when one of the testdrivers at Ferrari did a test, it's acceleration from 0-100 km/h an 0-160 km/h were slower then the McLaren. And offcourse its top speed. Ferrari just couldn't do what McLaren did very good when they produced it back in '92 (not 97).

12. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

this mclaren has 691 horsepower, has the downforce and is much lighter than an Enzo, this is too much for the Enzo for sure.

13. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

There is a test with the Mclaren and the Enzo. It is on newstands as of Noveber 29th 03 when I saw it and flipped through. The cars were very fast and close but the mclaren is lighter so it excelled in a few area while the Enzo was only better at braking.

14. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Both Your points wrong.
    1) Mclaren still maintain their customer service program to this day. They can still provide you with parts for your Mclaren.
    2) One of the reasons why the Mclaren F1 is one of the greatest supercars in the world is because it can hold 3 people and their luggage in relative comfort. Gordon Murray designed the Mclaren F1 to be a practical supercar

And performance wise, the Mclaren is not the king anymore. The Enzo outhandles the F1 (even the F40 did) and even gets close to its straight line acceleration. The Dauer 962 is the King of Performance. Check out its stats on the site

15. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Indeed. I haven't and will probably never drive both. They're both awesome cars and I'd kill for an Enzo but I'd have to have a McLaren. The Ferarri just looks so high strung that I'd be afraid I'd break it in a minute. And at that, it'd spend more time in the shop than in your driveway. That's just a Ferrari supercar for you. TEMPERMENTAL. But beautiful and awesome. This really isn't a fair question dammit.

16. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

The .86gs was pointed out by someone to be false its some where around 1.2gs and just becuase it has high handling gs doesnt always means its going to be faster. Get your facts straight.

17. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Enzo for performance.
    F1 for its rarity.

18. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

How many Enzo's have you seen on the road? I've seen one. I'd say that's pretty rare.

And when you ask "well how many F1's have you seen on the road?", none. BUT, one of my dad's best friends owns one.

19. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

McLaren without a doubt. It's all about the weight. Almost a thousand Lbs. lighter.

20. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

how the hell u figure that a mclaren has HISTORY?
    WAT IS UR PROBLEM IF ANYBODY HAS HISTORY ITS THE FERRARI

21. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

WHERE THE FU#@ DID U GET THOSE STATS?
    DONT U THINK UR EXAGIRATING BUDDY

22. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

WAT THE F#%K IS YOUR PROBLEM
    DONT U THINK U ARE EXAGIRATING...NO WAY THE ENZO WEIGHS MORE THAN A MUSCLE CAR DUMMY

23. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

BANNED.

Anyways the F1 will always be the fastest supercar ever made into prodcution.

24. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Actually your wrong, the center driving position is ideal for both track and in regualar street driving. If you want to see much about the McLaren and all its capabilities dl, Top Gear- Greatest Cars. The McLaren is chosen as the Greatest car and it shows its versatility in daily driving and how its extremley easy and great on regular roads.

25. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

F1.

Performance-wise, it's not far behind the enzo despite its age. It's unique driving position and all around usability make it the better road car. In the way of looks, the enzo falls way short by trying too hard to get our attention, while the F1 just carries a sublime form. The mac's already claimed its stake, so beating a new state-of-the-art supercar on the track is not really relevant anymore. Also, the F1 held its own for a good number of years while everyone else just flew under the bar. The enzo's only existed for over a year now, and already it's being overcast by the likes of Koenig, the anytime-now Buggati, and the Carrera GT.