Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Discussion in '1994 McLaren F1' started by Richard Owen, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

The Mclaren F1 is a much more streetable machine. Thats how Murray intended it to be. The best driving machine not a race car. But in the end became a GT champ and Le mans winner. And hey the Enzo doesnt have no sound system.

2. Re:

They should re-make the McLaren F1, just change a few things, like mod the breaks, aerodynamics, and basically leave it the same, but make another model year (ie 2003-2004) or w/e.

The Enzo is no longer in production either. They made their full production run of 399 cars, thats it, it's over, no more enzo's, and I wonder how many of those have been crashed b-cuz of stupid ppl, at least 6 I've counted so far..:p retards....

3. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

True, it is a much more steerable machine. I fully agree with you and am not trying to make you mad when i say this but..... the mclaren is a race car changed street car. thats why it consists of a race engine and thats why it is so hard on your beautiful bmw v12 to drive on streets with stop and go traffic.

4. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

The f1 is a great car. I take it over the enzo any day. and a mclaren beating a new state-of-the-art supercar on track IS STILL relevant by all means, the only problem is because of only 64 f1's (actually less when u consider people crashing and totalling ther cars, how stupid can u be) and 36 variants of the mclaren, the chances of it racing again are slim to none. finally.... I am a big fan of Porsche, more so than i am ferrari, and i prefer the carrera gt over the enzo as well, but i have to admit, the enzo is a step ahead of the carrera gt and the carrera gt will not overcast the enzo by all means.

5. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

well im going with the enzo on this one because it has much better breaks and handles much better. Also after Scotti Ducati's thread its not much faster at all.

6. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Well if I had to choose between the two I would go for the McLaren. It just temps me more, considering 2 passangers, the luggage compartment, the weight. But if this wasn't just restricted to these two, and if it were for performance I would go for a 2002 GTS VV1000TT.

0-60: 1.85 sec. *
    1/4 mile (with NOS): 8.93 sec. @ 149.65 mph *
    1/4 mile (no NOS): 9.66 sec. @ 146 mph *

This car costs like 4-5 times less than a McLaren, and maybe 2-3 times less than a Enzo. As I beleive on this site you will find it outbrakes a McLaren. I do realize that this is a souped up car and comparisons are difficult as I have never heard of a souped up McLaren. But find me a street-legal car with better stats than this. Also for those who might say that a Viper has crappy handling, if your gonna buy a car like this learn how to drive one.

7. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

I chose the F1.I think it is better looking, and it's faster than the Enzo in straight-line performance.Around a track, it would be close, but all of the new technologies in braking and suspention would probably overcome the 10 year old F1.

8. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

I think peole just don't knwo how this "g" value is counted!The F1 has another style!It has a central driving position which is perfect for handlning!

9. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

MclarenF1, it has maybe the best engine ever

10. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

BMW-What else!^^

11. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Many ppl dont know the awesome capabilities of McLarens. The McLaren F1 has got to be the best car anyone could use for the track or the road. Its aerodynamically perfect so you cant improve on that. Its weight is light so it can go faster than any car with the help of its perfect downforce to keep it gripped to the road at high speeds. Sure it could use some improvements but i dont feel like naming the details. But every aspect of any car needs a good driver to unleash a cars potential. Nobody can perfectly judge a car just by watching someone drive it, it needs to have a driver that can handle the cars ability. If you watch the Enzo and F1 race, and lets say the F1 crashes, its not the car that sucks, its the driver. With a perfect driver in each car, id say the Enzo wouldnt even have a chance. McLarens F1's shall always be a Legend in supercar history. If you want extra details just search the web. Gotta love McLarens!

12. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Yeah,right!

13. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

As much as I love the F1, I'm willing to bet the Ferrari would be better on a track. The McLaren has so much damn body roll it shouldn't even be considered a track car anymore.

14. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

How about the McLaren F1 vs. the HPA-Motorsports, 394 hp, twin turbocharged, AWD, Volkswagen Golf R32 that MotorTrend and European Car recently tested? Both magazines clocked it at 3.2 seconds to 60, with 1/4 times of 11.4 seconds? Must REALLY suck to have a 1.7 million dollar car, that can't outrun a modified $35,000 VW huh?

Pity.

15. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

LOL!How about wtf!

16. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Actually, the McLaren is more practical than the Enzo. It gets better mileage, and it was designed as a ROAD CAR. The Enzo was designed as a race car for the road.

I don't think that the center driving position would be bad. It might be better, because if you needed to put extra items in the car, you could put them on the left seat and the right seat. I think that the interior is just as comfortable as the Enzo.

BTW my vote was McLaren.

17. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Ooops, I forgot to mention that the HPA R32 is also flat out faster than the Enzo to 60, and only 1/10th of a second slower in the quarter mile.

Also, I was mistaken with my HP claim for the HPA R32. The actual power according to HPA, is 550. I was also mistaken on the cost. In actuallity, it will cost NO MORE than $50,000 (that is, total cost, for the car, and the upgrades). My bad.

God knows raw acceleration isn't everything, but heck, if I spent 1.7 million for a McLaren, or god knows how much an Enzo is, I'd expect my "supercar" to at LEAST be faster than a VW, albeit not a stock VW, but DEFINITELY not a VW that costs a mil plus.

18. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

just to illustrate this interesting thread, i hereby post my favourite picture of all times...

i chose the F1 by the way

19. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

I voted for the Ferrari for this reason - living in Toronto Canada, if I were to drive down the street in the Enzo, everyone would know that I was driving a helluva Ferrari. But if I drove down the street in an F1, only a handful of people would know what the hell it was.

20. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

OMFG!!!
    Where did u get this awesome pic???
    do u have more??

21. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

i think the the McLarn has the power and the weight advantage. but to honestly tell you the truth i do think that the Enzo will have the McLaren on the tracks. Take the JGTC the Mclaren is in the race but have not been dominating at all. it is killed by almost every top running NSX, SUPRA, and SKYLINE...not to bash the McLaren, I personally think that the car is really top notch, but in this particualr comparasion then i do think that the Enzo will win on the track and the McLaren will win on a straight line race.

22. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Oh come on...Japan GT Championship is a series for rich people that like to drive race cars!There a just a few professional drivers!!!
    That the F1 GTR don't dominates them all has nothing to say!!!
    It is a rare car so they take lots of care when they race the car!I have interviews with a guy from the Mc's team and he says that they drive the car more carefully than all the others because party,etc are too expensive!!!
    We saw that the F1 is able to dominate them all at LeMans in 1995 so there is no doubt the GTR is still a very very great race car!!!

23. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

The Enzo may win on a track, but the Mclaren has a higher top speed and has more F1 technology.

24. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

i took it the day i tested both...
    nah, just kidding!!
    i found it somewhere on the web, perhaps i can find some more

25. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

The HPA R32 is still in the running for sprints to 60, 100, and 1/4 mile I might add. I really hate to say it, but neither of those cars impress me in the least if neither of them can outrun an Twin-turbo VR6, AWD GOLF.

Lets not even bring Hans Dahlback's 2000lb. , 900+hp, AWD, super Golf into this battle. That thing will pretty much smoke anything that comes near it. I don't care if you have an Enzo or a McLaren, neither of them will touch that car, on the street, track, or strip.