Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Discussion in '1996 Ferrari F355 Spider' started by lurbo, Mar 11, 2003.

1. There was a race between these two cars and ferrari won ofcorse!!

2. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

are you kidding me? now i love both cars, but the Z06 out grips, out brakes, and out accelerates this ferrari, plus its got more power!

3. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

In a race, it's Z06. It's newer, more powerful and accelerates faster.
    But in looks an style it's Ferrari F355 Spider all the way!

4. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

the ferrari f355 spyder will win
    the vette comon the ferrari is a way nicer car than the corvette but the corrvette is newwer but its the drivers that mater if the spider had a shity driver the vette would win and if the vet had a shitty driver than the ferrari will win whitch it allredy has

5. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

this is a pimp ride, i saw one of these the other day, and DAMN it was blingin, the yellow was so hot in the sun, i'd cop this over a zo6 any day, holla at ya boi, nahmee, nahmee, KEEPIN IT GANGSTA!!!

6. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

even though a Z06 WOULD SMOKE this ferrari, I do have to agree with you guys, the F355 looks much better.

7. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

$100 says you're white as hell and saw Malibu's Most Wanted already.

8. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

here we go. more z06 comparisens. can all of you z06 worshipers stop comparing this god damm car with every other car on this #$%#ing planet. besides this ferrari would win. i know. iv driven it.

9. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

good way 2 put it

10. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

"this is a pimp ride, i saw one of these the other day, and DAMN it was blingin, the yellow was so hot in the sun, i'd cop this over a zo6 any day, holla at ya boi, nahmee, nahmee, KEEPIN IT GANGSTA!!! "

Yeah, really; don't talk anymore.

11. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Big deal I've driven one... But I never drove a Zo6 Im a die hard domestic fan and I used to think Ferraris could beat anything but my hat goes off to Chevy on this one. They only screwed up on one thing... the price... it needs to be higher so less ppl can buy em. iI see z06 all the time.. Also chevy should put some more distinguishing charasteristics on the zo6 as opposed to plain vette.

On another note... Theres something about corvette owners. I was a 94 vette and on the liscence plate it said "Dis Vet" I guess he means Dis Vet sucks ass. And then on the back of the car someone had written "Nice Car" in the dust.... 50$ said he wrote that on his own damn car.... Only a vette owner (no offense)

12. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

People, it's a known FACT, not an opinion, that the Z06 is better in overall performance. Don't believe me? Go read every single car magazine out there.

13. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

True, but the point of the comparo is probably to get different views, and see which car we PREFER, in which case, i like the F355 better.

14. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

actually a better comparison wouldbe between the 355 spider and the vette convertible, i mean the Z06 has a top, so better aerodynamics, less weight, etc. or u could compare a Z06 to a 355 Berlinetta, which is the coupe version. Either way I would take this Ferrari over ANY vette, its beautiful and it earns a top spot in the Exhaust Note Hall of Fame.

15. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

PLease stop comparing vettes to every car, vettes are a standard American car that everyone thinks r great but they are not, it is people like u that makes people hate vettes cos everyone goes on bout them so god damn much when really they r nothing special SO STOP.

16. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

THE CORVETTE IS A MUCH NEWER CAR, ALTHOUGH STATISTICS ASIDE, THE 355 LOOKS A LOT BETTER. a BETTER COMPARISON WOULD BE THE MODENA AND THE ZO6

17. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Ok, Ok, the Z06 has better factory performance numbers. Get over it. First of all, the magazines don't really get their own numbers; they just use factory claims, and Chevrolet is good at lying about Vette numbers, remember when the '01 Z06 came out, claiming 385 hp, and then when C & D or Motor Trend threw it on a dyno and got 343 hp - less than a regular Vette? Maybe you don't, but I do. Corvettes are all about marketing and numbers. Also, none of the mags know how to drive Ferraris fast. They baby them (not their fault, though, the factory probably made them take it easy). Throw a 355 and a Corvette on the track in capable hands, and the Z06's ass will be handed to it. Yes, the 355 has less power and is a little peaky, but it's mid-engined and light, along with a great transmission. It's faster than any sub-500 hp car has any right to be. The 360 Modena is even better, despite the weight gain. I know none of you will agree with me, but that's fine. Do some research and you'll be surprised about this car's capabilities. Oh, BTW, I once saw a yellow 355 GTS and a red Z06 at the same time, both accelerating out of a toll booth. I wish I had taped it. Not only did the Vette get its doors blown off, it sounded like a strangled chicken on its deathbed, especially compared to the 355's infamous engine note. Corvettes are good cars (and even that I say with some uncertainty), but there's nothing special about them at all. There's a good reason why Corvettes are $40K and Ferrari V8s are $150K +, and it has little to do with the stupid horse on the back. You want an American car that runs with the big boys? Try a Mustang Cobra, which can beat Vettes, although even that falls short. Better yet, a Viper, although those concerned with sophistication, comfort and resale value need not apply.

18. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Hey Pagani C12S, how bout just "I've seen a lot of cars"

19. Re: Ferrari F355 Spider vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06

355 all the way, it just has the style that the corvette does not, simple as that for me.

not botherd which one is faster as you will probly never race them together.

20. I now the ferrari spider will win.