Ferrari wannabe!!!

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Esprit V8' started by grimlock77, Aug 10, 2002.

1. DAMN it looks just like a ferrari in the 80s haha i find it preety amussing

2. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

So do I actually......this car has been going for 26 years now with basically the same shape and look........poor Ferrari.....can't make their own designs.

Note to everyone-I don't mean this but I'm just saying it to put this ret@rd in his position!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

DAMN it looks just like a ferrari in the 80s haha i find it preety amussing

Its an aquired taste. But I find your easy dismissal of its design amusing as well. Not being sarcastic. Everyone has their own opinions.

4. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

Ferrari wannabe??? LOL. More like Ferrari killer.

5. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

Ferrari copied the design from lotus. I love the JB version that goes underwater<!-- Signature -->

6. #6 30210psiAC, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/models.htm
    http://www.theitalianimage.com/cars/1980%20308%20GTSI/MAIN%201980%20Ferrari%20308%20GTSI.htm
    http://www.epinions.com/auto-1970_Make-Ferrari-Ferrari_Dino_246_GT_-_GTS

It has been lookin like a ferrari for a longer time then you think so you should resarch before you say things!!! Not roastin but I am for not researchin.

As these pics show the lotus has looked like a 308 1980 porsche in 1976. The porsche in the 70's had a more bubble look to it so I wonder who copied off of who? Pictures show my point of view that porsche has designed there 308 after the Lotus!!! ;)

7. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

no, the concept version of the original came out before the 308,328's...

somebody actually has heard of those ferrari's im surprised.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

It is amazing to think that two Automobiles companies could have two exactly Identical automobiles, it is sick!!

They both look nice!!

9. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ElCam71</i>
    <b> It is amazing to think that two Automobiles companies could have two exactly Identical automobiles, it is sick!!

They both look nice!!

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think you need a trip to the opticians mate!<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

It doesn't look anything like a Ferarri. It looks like a Lotus. That's it, that's all.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

Blah

12. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

If im not wrong (please correct me if i am). but wasnt lotus making cars before ferrari? like 20 years.

13. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

i have no idea actually... but Lotus has been make RAW/hardcore sports car unlike Ferrari....

14. #14 Monkey, Oct 14, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  15. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

I've driven one of these. Good handling and undoubtedly fast, but ultimately a let down. With twin turbos a 3.5 litre V8, you feel like there should be more there, but there isn't. Also, there' still turbo lag. Lotus, if you can give us around 300bhp from the old single turbo 2.2 litre 4 cylinder engine, why just 350bhp from a twin turbo V8???

As for the looks, changing the rear lights to Ferrari esq round light was a huge mistake. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the car. Although its a timeless design, it's starting to look a little dated.

Also, the exhaust pipes tend to rot.

But the interior is a lot better than it used to be. If you bought a pre 1998 Esprit you'd feel like you'd been transported back to the 70s. The old dash was very ugly, with a huge square box planted above the wheel to house the instruments.

A classic, but should be consigned to the history books I'm afraid.

16. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

it's so funny reading poor ppl's comments, on how they once drove this or saw that. LOL. STOPID VIRGINS

17. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

Stupid arsehole. Maybe those people want to let those of us who havn't driven this car what it feels like. Sad to see that such an idiot is a Lotus fan....Very sad.

18. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

Hey skyline rulz, good one

19. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

dude, if you're not a virgin, theres a girl out there somewhere that i feel really, really sorry for

20. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

uhh.. back to the original thread.. Lotus has been using the same design on the Espirit for nearly 30 years so if you really feel the need to call it an 80's Ferrari wannabe.. try picking up the 1977 film "The Spy Who Loved Me".. in it you'll find James Bond stealing the design from Ferrari and selling it to Lotus in a desperate attempt to save the British auto manufacturer.

21. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

LOL, DUM VIRGIN. IF THATS THE CASE, then there's alot of chicks that u should feel sorry for. DUM POOR virgin shit.

22. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

So tell me captin sex, can a man ejaculate without having an orgasm?

23. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

i have 2 quotes from you that will pretty much sum up your character.
    "DUM"
    "STOPID"

24. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

rriigghhtt,D U M V I R G I N S

25. Re: Ferrari wannabe!!!

you are talking about being captain jerkoff in a car forum !?