Finally, an import i can respect.

Discussion in '1993 Mazda RX-7 JM1FD' started by Imports Suck, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I usually hated all imports, until i recently took a look at the RX-7.
    I had underestimated it big time. A twin turbo rotary with RWD. that's gotta be fun to drive especially with those 4.10 gears. Up the psi a little and you'll have over 400hp in that light of a car. I'm usually all about mustangs, but this car has made me think twice about my next purchase. I currently have a 95 mustang gt convertible and i am 17. I've been doin some mods. im not goin to go crazy tho, its fast enough to brush off the usual r:ce burners around here. When I am out of college, no doubt I am buying a brand new mustang cobra or saleen.... but if i have some extra $$ the rx-7 is definitly a new option.

2. Re: Finally, an import i can respect.

be careful rx-7's have a tendency to be money pits - the initial used price isn't much but they can be a ***** to take care of - like a high maintenance woman.... take care of her and she'll take care of you.

3. Re: Finally, an import i can respect.

hey "imports suck,"
    i have a 93 rx7 tt, and alot of my friends sound like u, mustang fanatics who think all imports are 4 cylinders. they have all realized the rx7 is no little economy car as well. the mustang is really a killer in the 1/4 mile, nothing agrivates the import owner how easy it is for the domestic guys to pick up time in the 1/4. But i mean, i have respect for stangs, and other domestics, i just wanted something different you know. you should just keep your car and put a nasty supercharger on it though, that would be sick.

4. Re: Finally, an import i can respect.

All japanese cars are respectable. You're just obcessed with sluggish Vipers because they're COOL and FAST!! Just wait til you ride in a Viper. Trust me, it's embarassing.

5. Re: Finally, an import i can respect.

honestly... do somthin for me... slap yourself cause alot of imports are great!!! firstly: RX7, 3000GT, NSX, S2000, Integra, skyline GTR, Silvia, supra, 300zx, RX8 (soon to come)and all the rest!... now without these cars there wouldnt be much!

6. Re: Finally, an import i can respect.

I just love these ppl that say imports suck,only cause their daddy hates imports, they hate imports. I just want to see some facts backed up by these statements. Like # of recalls of domestic cars vs import. If you are that ignorant, please do not breed.

7. Re: Finally, an import i can respect.

RX-7s are the only good thing at a descent price from Japan
    every other car from japan needs a RX-7 rotary motor
    all your little 4 bangers and dual cam turbo V6s trying so hard to compete with real American engines,like the HEMI or even a Chevy 350
    and as for Ford, its all their fault American cars are getting recalled,
    anybody hear their considering recalling and crushing every Ford Focas made?

8. #8 AFIGTR, Sep 27, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Finally, an import i can respect.

Actually, most who produce these cars could care less about 1/4 mile and 0-60 time, that's why Japanese cars instead dominate on the track. Take a look at these stats from the JGTC of 2000 where the Supras, Skylines, and NSXs railed the Lemans-winning McLaren F1 GTR. Oh yeah, the Viper GTS-R isn't really worth mentioning because it usually DNF or placed under 20th every race.

http://www.wspr-racing.com/results/jgtc/jgtc2000.html#1

Most American cars are ignorant to the fact that there actually are fast import cars in the midst of all the idiots with "modded" civics and integras who flourish in the streets of LA. They're not bad cars, but they are bad cars for racing. I have seen a 600hp R33 here in LA (also seen the engine), and I would like to see your muscle car take that 4WD beast. Oh yeah, and that's a 2.6L Inline-6 with no internal mods.

Oh, but you can take your incredible engineering knowledge and drill the engine to make it bigger and bigger. Wow. I'm not saying I know it all about modding cars, but I do know that Japanese engines are far ahead in technology, design, and potential, and if they wanted to produce a huge V-8 it would be producing much more power than any American engines with 8, 10, or 12 cylinders.

9. #9 AFIGTR, Sep 27, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Finally, an import i can respect.

Actually, most who produce these cars could care less about 1/4 mile and 0-60 time, that's why Japanese cars instead dominate on the track. Take a look at these stats from the JGTC of 2000 where the Supras, Skylines, and NSXs railed the Lemans-winning McLaren F1 GTR. Oh yeah, the Viper GTS-R isn't really worth mentioning because it usually DNF or placed under 20th every race.

http://www.wspr-racing.com/results/jgtc/jgtc2000.html#1

Most American cars are ignorant to the fact that there actually are fast import cars in the midst of all the idiot with "modded" civics and integras who flourish in the streets of LA. They're not bad cars, but they are bad cars for racing. I have seen a 600hp R33 here in LA (also seen the engine), and I would like to see your muscle car take that 4WD beast. Oh yeah, and that's a 2.6L Inline-6 with no internal mods.

Oh, but you can take your incredible engineering knowledge and drill the engine to make it bigger and bigger. Wow. I'm not saying I know it all about modding cars, but I do know that Japanese engines are far ahead in technology, design, and potential, and if they wanted to produce a huge V-8 it would be producing much more power than any American engines with 8, 10, or 12 cylinders.