FINALLY

Discussion in '2006 Chevrolet Camaro Concept' started by hakim2004, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Finally american car companies are producing cars that embody the all american muscular sculpted design of the sixties...the mustang is mean again instead of a pussy looking girl car...cadillacs are the shit again instead of old peoples cars...dodge is finally getting their shit together...and now this...this camaro is awesome...its retro but still totaly unique...i've waited for this for soo long! we no longer suck!

2. Go GM! kick them fix or repair daily's ***

3. Coming out with a stylin' car is proving nothing of engineering - the place we are lacking (or so many think). Don't get me wrong, I love all-American cars and Saleen is about on the top of my lists but just because a company made a slick car doesn't mean we're back.

4. I CALL DIBS ON THE FIRST ONE! Seriously, a about freaking time. So what's the count boys? We got the Mustang, plus the Challenger and Camaro are about to hit the streets. I think we're about to have 60's revival, let the Civil War begin! Damn... just...damn.

5. I've just given up on essentially all American Car Manufacturers afters seeing this. I used to be a Chevy supporter, now i cant stand them. Why are they coppying Ford. Get original.

6. I love this concept, i love the Challenger concept, i love the current Mustang. You wanna know why the Mustang is the only one rolling off the line?
    Its cause Ford offers the Mustang in levels, 200 hp, 300 hp and soon a Cobra with 400 or so. These two concepts start right out at 400 hp.
    They should start this car with a 275 or so hp engine as a entry level, as should dodge with the challenger, Bigger is not always better.

7. this isn't copying ford...its not completely retro...i mean you can tell its a camaro and there are some retro cues...but its not as retro as the mustang...and ya maybe engineering is lacking but thats also why an american made car is far cheeper than a german or italian car...i was just talking about styling...there are some cars out that i'm finally awed by looks wise

8. this isn't copying ford...its not completely retro...i mean you can tell its a camaro and there are some retro cues...but its not as retro as the mustang...and ya maybe engineering is lacking but thats also why an american made car is far cheeper than a german or italian car...i was just talking about styling...there are some cars out that i'm finally awed by looks wise

9. this isn't copying ford...its not completely retro...i mean you can tell its a camaro and there are some retro cues...but its not as retro as the mustang...and ya maybe engineering is lacking but thats also why an american made car is far cheeper than a german or italian car...i was just talking about styling...there are some cars out that i'm finally awed by looks wise

10. and they aren't copying ford they are just trying to sell cars, and right now everyone likes retro and misses the old muscle car days...so they are doing what sells...about time..

11. you do realize that these are just concepts and IF they make it to production then chevy and dodge will most likely offer several differnet engines besides the LS2 in the camaro and the HEMI in the challenger

12. I highly doubt that the Camaro will only sell with the LS2 motor in it. That likely will be the Z28 motor. SS motor will hopefully be 500+ hp, possibly LS7? Speculation about the base motor is the 3.9 liter V6, tuned to push out about 260-270 horses. Also keep in mind that this is all guesswork; the Camaro might not even get produced, although I really hope it does. I honestly think they did a great job on the design. It has retro elements, while looking futuristic at the same time. I do NOT think it looks like the mustang OR challenger. Both are much much more retro than this. The only thing I hope they change on this car is some small grille work. Headlights are almost too indented. But it still looks amazing.

13. Don't worry, the platform (which is the ZETA platform) was designed and Engineered here in Australia by GM's Holden division!!! So maybe some of it will rub off on GM North America!!!

14. i doubt that if this car eventualy goes to production the top model will get the ls7. then it just takes away from the corvett market, and becides, the vett is the chevy flagship, if your GM, you CAN'T make anything faster than the vett under the chevy lable.

15. more likely, if it goes into production to have something along the lines off...

base-V-6 could really be any of them, GM has a lot to choose from, hopfully one of the betters will be chosen for the car in the end, but considering the 22k price point they want to start at, i would expect the 3800.
    Z28-5.3l DoD V-8 (impalla SS)

SS-LS2

there will probably be some concepts with the LS7 but i wouldnt hold my breath on it ever making it to production with one.

16. SORRY bUT this is NOT RETRO.... This is FUTURE MAN.......

17. I See What Your Saying...First The Challenger. Now This, Things can only get better..ryt?

18. you do realize this would be the sexiest american sports car, providing it does see production... let's also hope it can take corners as well as the new corvette.

19. Won't this come into conflict with the vette?

20. What was Chevy thinkin... The Camero was good.. note "WAS".. I love the chaallenger because it still looks like a muscle car.. this hunk of shit reminds me of a basic concept that will never make it to market.. so chevy boys.. keep dreaming because when this beast hits dealerships.. it wont look ANYTHING like that.. tsk tsk!