Firered is a whore

Discussion in '1937 Mercedes-Benz W125' started by G20, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

Lego wheels? Why do i doubt that??

2. Gorgeous Car...

These old race cars are so cool, it's incredible they could do 200mph.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Gorgeous Car...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrariman92</i>
    <b>Believe me this car can could not get up to the top speed of 200</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->you sure?<!-- Signature -->

4. omg...

i saw this car on speedvision a day ago or two.
    640 bhp! 833 kg!
    too bad they dont have a 0-60 mph time for this car, must be 4-5 sec.
    1937... damn

5. Re: omg...

these "rocket" shaped cars back then had such tremendous power! It is amazing<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: omg...

i love this car, so sexy!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: omg...

These things must have been beasts to drive...650hp...only 4 speeds...skinny and hard tires...incredibly light. I'll be that getting off the line would be pretty tough with 650hp and those narrow tires. And it probably wouldn't handle too well by today's standards. All that with a huge amount of power must have taken a lot of getting used to...

8. Re: omg...

It would have been a dream driving this thing, driftin round corners with that horsepower and throwing the steering left and right keepin it steady, aahhh its just too much, if only :(

9. Re: omg...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrariman92</i>
    <b>I really hate this car its so ugly and fake!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->are you born in '92? Cuz you sound like a 9 year old kid!<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: omg...

<b>The only reason my user name has a 92 at the end is because when I got my email at yahoo it said the username was already used so I had to add a 92 at the end.

WARNING!
    idiots should be banned from this site!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Like you for example.

11. Re: omg...

They are right and you are wrong FerrariMan 92 and you cant even spell. Apparently they are'nt that hard to drive because the power delivery is so smooth, thats what 1964 Formula One World champion John Surtees said anyway.
    <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: omg...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PeP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrariman92</i>
    <b>I really hate this car its so ugly and fake!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->are you born in '92? Cuz you sound like a 9 year old kid!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->haha!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

13. torque can spin the wheels at 120 mph

I read a track-test of one of these beasts in 1997, they were limiting the revs to 4600 because of the engines age, but while travelling at 200 km/h the driver floored it in third gear and lit up the tyres!

14. Re: Beautiful Car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550Barchetta</i>
    <b>The days when driving was truely a gentleman's sport have come and gone. Forgive me if I type poorly, for I have lost my glasses. However, I can still remember when I saw this bad boy at Pebble Beach, with its beatiful silver shine as the smell of the water combined with the overwelmingly arousing smell of classic cars hit you like a punch. All in all it is a beautiful car.

As Always,
    Barchetta Man (550Barchetta)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->interesting!<!-- Signature -->

15. You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

this car sucks!!! I mean, think about it, a 1937 old car with thin lego wheels, that has 646 hp and is 200 mph!
    thats so fake! they invented the first cars with engines in 1937!
    now there lying about some stupid,ugly,piece of junk car,with 646 hp!!

16. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

hey, #$%# you man. this car is beautiful, and better then anything youll ever come close to.

dont juge things you dont know the least thing about.

17. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

It's amazing how stupid some people are. Not only that, they sound like their proud of it!<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

stats are true. this car was to go against the Auto Union Type C. the Type C beat it n e ways on the track. the Supercharged V8 believe it or not was ver 9 litres. back then, they believed that a bigger engine will give off immense horsepower. <!-- Signature -->

19. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FAREL 40</i>
    <b>stats are true. this car was to go against the Auto Union Type C. the Type C beat it n e ways on the track. the Supercharged V8 believe it or not was ver 9 litres. back then, they believed that a bigger engine will give off immense horsepower. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

They do give off immense horse power back then. The car at the time are weight limited, you have a maximum dry weight that your car can't exceed. So the Germans just built the lightest chassis possible with the most powerful engine they can stick in.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

It is amazing. Auto Union built a car with almost 1000 hp that took Rosemeyer up to 300+ mph on the autobahn...before it killed him. What's even greater is this car I saw Speedvision. It had an V-18 from a zepplin in it with almost 2000 hp. Anyone see it. It was on Hemmings Motor News.

21. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

So wait...Cars built before 1932 were powered by, I don't know, happy thoughts? And first you said that engines weren't put in cars until 1937. Now you say 1932. Could you be wrong??? I think so...<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

This car is truely unique, and what else could anyone expect from a mercedes race car that has a giant supercharged 8 cyl. This car was probably evolutionary setting the standards in the grand prix world. How could one say this is a piece of junk? What person wouldnt want to hear that giant rum of the obvious aircraft engine thats under the hood of this mythical machine. I would love to see this car doing laps or on a road course comming out of a light morning mist, it would be a sight that the racing world has not seen in a long time. This car is a wonderful example of how far cars have come along thorugh history. It is a beautiful piece of history that should not be forgotten in some garage, rather driven a few sunny sundays ounce and a while.
    -Cruise <!-- Signature -->

23. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

i dont know who to belive?

24. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

This car is the real deal, you stupid retard ferrariman92. The Thrust land-speed record cars have wheels thinner than these. Sure, this thing would be hard to handle, but this is how they made F1 cars in the 30s.

25. Re: You Guys Are Lying!!!!!!!!

Ferrariman staked a few claims, and I'll dispel them here:
    The first motor car, with a gasoline internal combustion engine was built in 1896 by Carl Benz. By 1898 the electric car had hit the market, by 1908, it had essentially the same mileage as the GM EV1. In 1900, steam cars came into popularity, lasting all the way up to 1935. The German racecars of the 1930's, such as the W125 were designed by Germany's best (including Ferdinan Porsche who designed, um Ferraris, no Porsches!). If you're wondering when cars like this did over 200 mph, check out the straights at the likes of Nurenbergring and there is your answer. If you want a date, Januray 25, 1938, Rudolf Craciola in his Mercedes W125 streamliner and Brend Rosemeyer squared it off in the Autobahn Speed Week. Rudolf's best run was at 256 mph for the measured kilometer. Not to be outdone, Rosemeyer went at it, going over 270 mph before losing control (he was ejected from the car, surviving the crash intially, but dying the next day). Also, since you seem to like Ferrari's, look for a picture of a late 1920's or early 1930's Alfa Romeo P2 or P3. You'll notice on the hood a Scuderia Ferrari badge identical to the ones on Ferrari's today. Enzo Ferrari himself first got his start racing car, in 1928.