First 996 Turbo in the 10's...

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by Porsche996Turbo, Dec 21, 2004.

1. #1 Porsche996Turbo, Dec 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Kind of ridiculous that no 996 Turbo has been in the 10's already, considering the specs and layout of the car, and the amount of aftermarket Porsche parts.

3. I don't think Porsches are meant to be 1/4 mile cars, I think their motivation lies elsewhere so it's not surprising that this is the first.

4. And what's with the shitty reaction time, it was 1+ second

5. Of course they're not meant to be quarter mile cars, but neither are Supras and RX-7s, Civic... etc. Not many street cars really are meant to be pure drag racing cars, but the fact is, a lot of people take Porsches to the strip, so I wouldn't have figured it would take this long.

6. I'm not saying it's a bad idea but it just seems weird. I thought they would bring it to a racetrack, an enviroment it's designed for. For the dragstrip, wouldn't a larger displacement muscle car be a better idea (like a Corvette or Viper) not to mention cheaper?

7. A 996 could never hit 10 seconds and I wouldn't give a sh*t.

8. True.

9. the 996 Turbo is becoming a Mustan/Firebird ...

10. oh god, you and your #$%#ing 996 turbo threads, cant you just put them all in one lousy thread.

11. eh, 996s aren't drag, straight line, i'd rather ahve them runnin' around curves and shit rather than run with vipers on the local strip.

12. hmmm, raspy flat-6

13. you can get heaps of power out of a Porsche turbo engine, but more important is the handling of the car and the traction

14. Shut Up

15. His reaction time has jack shit to do with his e.t.

16. don't be talking shit about the 996 Turbo...its one of the best cars ever made

17. he was more worried about been at the optimum boost level i believe for the launch