First Drive: 2012 Aston Martin Virage

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by V8stangman, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Sack him I say.

2. That might have been true 7 years ago when they first launched this car.

3. I don't think there have been too many cars that look as good as this built since then.

4. Guiblol

5. And still true.

6. 8C is much better looking than a DB9 in my opinion. It has the sensual lines while having some aggressive angles which the DB9 lacks.

Maserati Gran Turismo is another one.

458 is better looking as well eventhough it's in a different design mindset.

I would even rate the SLS above the DB9 now since they whore the original design so much that it just looks uninteresting.

7. None of those looks better, in my opinion. I could argue, for example, that the 8C looks stunted, too short and lacks the grace of the DB9. And that the DB9/DBS looks rakish and aggressive from many angles. See? These are all just opinions on subjective matters of taste. You could try to assign truth to such matters, but...good luck.

8. Im not and i said in my opinion. I used to love the DB9 design (back then i went to the Paris dealer to take pics and post them here, when this site was still reliable and fast) but they just killed it with the V8 vantage, the Rapide, the Virage.

9. The AM's have always looked somewhat boring to me, and now it's just a complete yawnfest.

10. As much as I hate to agree with you, I agree.

11. I get what you're saying and why the design no longer floats your boat, but your original post did seem to try to invalidate an opinion of aesthetics on grounds of "truth."

13. textbook teenager

15. With a lot of small, cheap plastic bottons inside....

Astons are not bad. Just bland....and predictable. Pretty much like a white wall.

16. Liking the hard top, don't like the convertible, and I don't think the grey works.

17. +5

18. You should suck each others coxs.

19. No. You are wrong

21. I think the best looking Aston Martin ever! But price is still quite high, would be better if it costs a little bit more than the Vantage S