First images of the Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by ajzahn, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Automobili Lamborghini has released the first photographs of a limited edition Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster.

The Roadster version of the Murciélago will offer an uprated 6.5 litre V12 engine that produces 650 hp (478 kW) along with permanent four-wheel drive: hence the model’s LP 650-4 moniker. With 660 Nm of torque, top performance is at 0-100km/h (0-62mph) in 3.4 seconds. The top speed is around 330 Km/h (205mph).

The special edition model will be produced in a limited volume (50 units only), with a Grigio Telesto exterior that combines grey bodywork with a special bright orange Arancio LP 650-4 featured on the front spoiler and sills. The LP 650-4 logo applied to the car’s exterior is recognition of the car’s increased power. The car features orange brake calipers and a transparent V12-engine cover, which shows off the V12 engine behind the driver.

Interior features echo the car's striking grey-and-orange exterior: besides the orange touches, there is an asymmetric dash design, with black Alcantara Nera on the driver's side, including door panel and central tunnel, and black leather Nero Perseus on the passenger's side.

The increased power of the Murciélago engine, from 640 to 650 hp, will be unique to the Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster: it demonstrates even further the developments that Lamborghini is able to offer from a current engine, and creates the exclusive characteristic of the Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster.

2. all the orange is meh

3. Wowowow, hothothot.

4. FACKING DO WANT

5. not a fan of convertibles to say the least, but isn't too shabby.

6. Looks like an LP640 with some ugly orange trim. Interior looks nice with the two-tone though

7. Are you sure this is not Affolter's?

8. I love how a limited edition 500 grand super car run is 50.

it should be like, 6.

edit - not even a whole run, just a special trim.

9. Wow, tasteless colors

10. i'll take the SV thanks.

11. Black/dark red please

12. is it really 500 grand? whats the SV go for?

13. MSRP for the LP640 Roadster is like 380 grand + expensive options and tax and you are easily at 500 grand.

14. 120K for options? who do you think they are? Porsche?

15. a carbon fibre centre console is over £4000 option on the LP640...

16. way hotter then stock

17. This is stock...

18. Lambo is worse for that kind of stuff than Porsche is.

19. This is pretty gross. -1

20. actually, in response to Atomics comment, i spec'd out a Murcie Roadster and I got to 500grand pretty easily. Some of the options are actually shit you basically need/want in a Murcielago. You can't really get a bone plain one.

Plus sales tax, gas guzzler taxes, not to mention the additional premium for this "special edition" and 500 isn't hard at all.

21. that's like, 2 murcielagos in one week...

22. LOL @ how much the paddle shifters stick out...

23. The dials look there from the 80's too

24. I had no idea that real world costs for one are so high. I didnt even know the MSRP was that high! I thought they were under 300k... But it seems that was the old base murcielago. according to the numbers on sc.net, the price went up 70,000 when it became the LP640.

25. Will it ever stop?