Food thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IdoL, May 28, 2016.

1. And lactose-free and vegan and overall satanic?

xDRAN0x and ETB4U like this.
  2. I made some fried chicken a couple of nights ago and it was a failed attempt. Next time - lower heat, more time and smaller pieces. Had to add oven time and re-fry to get everything cooked through and that ruined the flavor.

3. First new potatoes for this summer.

DSC_5617.jpg

4. is that all the protein youre having

5. That meal looks so scandinavian. Very minimalistic.

ETB4U and Veyronman like this.
  6. i hope that's herring.

7. Translate gave "Common whitefish" for "Siika"

To be honest I did add a sausage and egg on the plate after taking the photo mid cooking.

8. yaay

HippoCrushEverything likes this.
  9. Those tomatoes are crying for some basil. Maybe some toasted pine nuts as well. And olive oil.

10. Generally speaking, tomatos grown at these latitudes are beyond redemption, no matter how many units of olive oil are poured on them. It's an issue of 90% harvesting the tomatos too early and ripening them with ethylene to facilitate logistics, 60% of too little sunlight and 48% of the wrong cultivars being grown, the result being 760% shittier tomatos than in Judenland.

Farmers who procure such inferior crap should be hanged for war crimes.

ETB4U likes this.
  11. Honestly, our produce is great. From my experience - second only to tropical places like Thailand, where everything just grows.

But I thought Scandinavian countries import their veggies...

12. so last week
    I tried watermelon + fried chicken for lunch

it was DEL-LI-CIOUSSSS

13. I made my own baklava and it turned out great.
    00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190112173731891_COVER.jpg

14. Made pulled pork sandwiches last night. Let the pork simmer in the slow cooker for 48 hours. Was excellent.