Football Or Rugby

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RIDDIK, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Rugby, real men sport.

2. rugby players would look terrible in a real NFL game without any practice before hand, they wouldnt have a clue what to do

3. it's because they've never watched rugby. Pro teams are huge and fast. I'd be a million times more afraid on a pitch with the all blacks than an nfl team.

4. I'm not sayin they're slow But Brian isn't either

5. Trust me; football is a lot easier to catch onto than rugby.

6. What's scarier a rugby player comin at u or Ray Lewis?

7. Americans are afraid of what they do not understand

8. Dont get your panties caught in a bunch. They're #$%#ing games.

9. rugby, without a doubt. I'm not kidding, even go to some shit american college rugby team and scrimage with them.

10. Blasphemy

11. in what terms, if they are continaully out of place, the rugby players would be destroyed

12. It's a well known fact anyway.

13. still pissed that a bunch of farmers defeated the british army?

14. I voted for football, but my friend's older brother is 6'5" and >280 lbs. He INCLINE bench presses 365 lbs. He plays rugby and tapes his ears to his head so they dont get ripped off.

15. Do you actually understand Rugby?

16. Yes that's why many football players had to die on the field before protective gear was instituted, also forcing many universities to end their football programs.

17. Don't even start, the amount of times we've helped your ass isn't even worth mentioning.

18. #68 hamtamtamble, Apr 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  19. Don't even start, the amount of times we've helped your ass isn't even worth mentioning.

20. football, rugby is just goofy.

21. My aunts ex husband played rugby. His nose was as straight as a Z.

22. Don't even start, the amount of times we've helped your ass isn't even worth mentioning.

23. Both are fun, but Rugby is faster, harder, and takes more fortitude to play. Football is like a softer version for the north american market.

24. football is more natural - you pass the ball forward, and there's only one person that really does that. Once the ball is caught, it's very rarely lateralled.
    rugby you pass the ball backwards all the time, but you have to move forward, which goes against instinct. There's not near as much stoppage to recover. Every player has to set blocks and be able to pass the ball very well.
    Organizing yourselves so you have a line of players behind you that are blocking and taking passes is no easy task and is extremely tiring.

25. cough*WWII*cough