Football Or Rugby

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RIDDIK, Apr 4, 2006.

1. do you understand Football and how its actually played, there is a lot more than what you see on tv

2. I asked you a question.

3. Do you speak German?

4. americans just can't handle the roughness of rugby.

5. NFL, no doubt.

The elite players at skilled positions in the NFL are twice the athletes the greatest rugby players are. They also hit harder. The fact that they were pads allows them to hit harder.

6. no i never played it and i never looked into it however given the time, im sure i could play it.

7. Do you have control of Iraq, well slight control.

8. I understand football very well, both nfl and cfl. I also lived in europe and watched and played a bit of rugby.

9. That must be it.

10. Your comments are based on utter bullshit then, as ever.

11. more control than the british do

12. Do you think we want to be there?

13. like yours arent? have you ever been to a football practice and played in a actual football game

14. #89 henriksjostedt, Apr 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  15. #90 hamtamtamble, Apr 4, 2006
  16. You idiot, students playing AMERICAN FOOTBALL for universities were dying on the field before protective gear became a requirement. If not for protective gear American football would not exist as a sport.

17. You are full of shit, you're trying to bring world wars into a thread about American football and Rugby.

18. Beginning of this thread was going good. Now this is all I see.

19. #94 LiquidChild, Apr 4, 2006
  20. Haha i didn't mean to start a America vs. British debate. lol I rather like the Brits they're great allies.Now back to Footbal V. Rugby i've always looked at it this way. I don't believe Rugby is more physical than football for the simple fact that there are just as many injuries in the NFL as there are in Rugby. If the NFL players didn't wear protection all it'd result in is more deaths

21. #96 405HPZO6, Apr 4, 2006
  22. so you have or havent?

23. #98 Coop A Doop, Apr 4, 2006
    That is pretty good, but he's black and I'm a white boy in 8th grade and can run the 100 in 12.2 seconds.

Bases on that video, I'd have to say rugby is pretty rough but the hits in the football are much harder. That's why they have pads.

24. I haven't played it but i do understand it, which, i think you'll agree, gives me a better leg to stand on than you.

25. #100 405HPZO6, Apr 4, 2006