For $90,000??????

Discussion in '2002 Honda NSX Coupe' started by angrygumballiscoming, Dec 18, 2004.

1. They better head back to the drawing board when it comes to this engine because I would never pay $90,000 for a 194 cubic inch, 280 horse, 5.7 0-60 timed car. If they want to sell this car they better drop the price and asd a bigger engine or one or two turbo chargers. Maybe even both. Then maybe we would see it as a supercar contender.

2. Yet another person who entirely misses the concept of this car. Power isn't everything, F1 cars today are faster than they were in the 80's, despite the fact that they have less power and weigh the same, Group A Rally cars today are just as fast as Group-B rally cars were, despite having less than half the power (in some cases) and weighing more.

It's not the speed that makes this car good (though the speed is impressive, at 4.7 0-100 for this specific NSX, and 13.2 1/4 it beats out cars with much "better" - read not better, really just bigger, more powerful, more poorly designed - engines), it's the overall design, the engine compliments the car well, and with its "meek" 280hp it is faster in acceleration than many many cars thanks partially to the weight, and the drivetrain, the weight distribution is phenomenal, the handling puts it on par with cars that cost 2x as much, the powerband of the engine is perfect for running this car at high speeds through turns, the quality of the car itself is far beyond that of cars in the same price range that are also in the same performance class.

You just don't get it, and that's fine, people like you are not true car enthusiasts, a true car enthusiast would understand that there are many different performance concepts, and this one is executed very well.

So, I guess since a Mustang SVT Cobra has a 4.6 litre V8 engine with 390hp, it MUST be worth way more than the NSX huh? Well, the NSX will easily walk circles around the SVT Cobra, without even blinking. So, yes, the $90,000 price tag is worth it.

3. Hey, i never said that this was a bad car so no I didn't miss the point buddy. I said that it had some potential that wasn't being applied. No, i would not buy this car becasue you can get so much more out of it then they are offering. The Ford GT is a lot more $$$$$$ but it would embarrass this and all NSX's. Now the GT uses its potential. And the Mustang is the American muscle car(not to diss all you Corvette fans, the Corvette is the American Sports car). It will always be better than any import.

4. Well now, you fail to recognize the fact that every aspect of performance of this car is so well in tune with every other aspect of performance that giving it more power would upset the engineering balance of this car. Nobody said you can't get more power out of it without a whole lot of effort. And for the amount you're paying for a GT, why not get a street legal JGTC spec Mugen NSX? it wouldn't be a whole lot more, and with the same power output, it would quickly lay waste to any GT.

This engine is capable of reliably putting out 1000hp while remaining street legal. That's a lot of power, and considering how fast it is with "only" 280 hp, you'd have a total Hennessey killer on your hands....but then with that kind of power, it just wouldn't be an NSX unless you modified the rest of it accordingly....if you're going to go that far, then why not just get a Dauer 962 LM? it'd cost more, but save you a whole lot of trouble.

Power isn't everything, this car is perfect the way it is for the price it is.

which will always be better than any import? the Mustang or the GT?

Mustang is laughable, and the GT....well, the GT pales in comparison to the soon-to-be-launched Tommy Kiara ZZII....which is really technically the only production car that could beat the GT, but also the only Japanese import in the same area of performance class. That said, there are MANY imports out there that are better than the GT, and again, the Mustang is simply laughable.

5. "This engine is capable of reliably putting out 1000hp while remaining street legal."-i hope so, a lot of engines are capable of putting out 1000hp. Don't even compair the Ford GT to some NSX no one has heard of cause that will just get you in trouble. AGAIN, CASE CLOSED

6. Some NSX no one has ever heard of?????

Jesus Christ, that's like saying the Corvette C5-R is some Corvette no one has ever heard of! What the hell is wrong with you???

Few engines on the market are capable of putting out 1000hp without extreme modification, this engine is capable of doing so with a few internal upgrades, increase in compression ratio, replacement of a few parts on the pistons, increase in rpm range....dunno what else they do, but it's not a whole lot. And VERY FEW are capable of doing so reliably while remaining street legal.

Do you get some sense of satisfaction by making that stupid claim every time? WTF does "CASE CLOSED" mean anyway when you have stated nothing more than opinion? Are you presuming to claim that you have proven your "case" simply by spouting off several of your opinions and exposing your ignorance?

LOL, I laugh at your weak character.

7. Some NSX no one has ever heard of?????

Jesus Christ, that's like saying the Corvette C5-R is some Corvette no one has ever heard of! What the hell is wrong with you???

Few engines on the market are capable of putting out 1000hp without extreme modification, this engine is capable of doing so with a few internal upgrades, increase in compression ratio, replacement of a few parts on the pistons, increase in rpm range....dunno what else they do, but it's not a whole lot. And VERY FEW are capable of doing so reliably while remaining street legal.

Do you get some sense of satisfaction by making that stupid claim every time? WTF does "CASE CLOSED" mean anyway when you have stated nothing more than opinion? Are you presuming to claim that you have proven your "case" simply by spouting off several of your opinions and exposing your ignorance?

LOL, I laugh at your weak character.