Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Discussion in '2000 Ford Saleen Mustang SR' started by bkr, Aug 9, 2002.

1. all normal mustangs suck ford stugles in making power in the earlier days they had Shelby now they have Saleen they just cant do it on their own

2. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

so, chevy gets calloway for the corvettes, but you make fun of fords, man if you want for power, look at the gt40,the cobra R, and the boss 429,fo F*ck u B!TCH

3. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

and u said it right stangman, #$%# chevys ;)

4. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

It's so true. They can't make their own power so they give it to
    aftermarket companys to do them up

5. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

what about the Cobra R!!!, The Super Stallion!!! and remember the 7L
    850 hp Boss Ford made

6. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

car lover9 ur nothin but a f@#$ing fa$et u r a ***** who doesnt know shit about cars so shut the f#$k up asshole *****!!!!!!

7. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from El Barto</i>
    <b>all normal mustangs suck ford stugles in making power in the earlier days they had Shelby now they have Saleen they just cant do it on their own</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

These guys got permission from ford to modify their cars. Ford didnt come to them...They came to Ford. And most of the parts they use are from Fords Racing Division. If any professional car racer builder is going to mod a car for racing, do you think they are going to take a car that is unproven and modify it, or are they going to take a car that has what it takes. Think about it. One other thing, Mustangs are cars that are extremely tunable. What other car can u think of that has 260Hp Stock that costs $20,000 or less? If ford wanted to add more HP to the mustang they can easily...Just look at the Cobra R...385HP Naturally asipred..but how much does it cost? Alot of money. Take the 2003 Cobra SVT....$29,000 for 400HP...where in the world can you get that? and ford sucks u say?. Ford put a supercharger on the cobra to make it cost effective, because a car that has 400 NA HP will cost easily over $50,000

8. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

well said, very well said!

9. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

GT40 > *... Don't tell me Ford can't do power.

10. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Excuses , excuses, excuses, I guess when your on top like Ford is everyone gets envious. Stugles?

11. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

and this would be different from lingenfelter how ? EXACTLY ITS NOT!!!!!! think ppl think i dont really like either but its exactly the same as lingenfelter (yes i know i said it twice!! you need it at least twice to get it into your thick skull!!)

12. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Chevy belongs to american History as Ford belongs to the world history (13 times Formula1 winners with cosworth, the birth of Ford T, The non-expensive V8s in '32...).

Ford has a place in world history.

13. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

DUMBASS, SHELBY IS NOT WITH CHEVY, YOU DUMB ****! MAN!!! SLAP YOURSELF!

14. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Steve Saleen Styling Studio

15. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

who ever says that ford needs saleen or shelby is #$%#ing stupid. steve saleen came to ford becauas he knew they were a good company, and carrol shelby used ford's engines in the cobras becaus those engines then and still are the best high performance engines.

16. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

some1 already said that, btw im an import fan but saleen mustangs are the sht, ive seen saleen mustang come out first against the 911 turbo, for the whole race it was just those 2 battling it out, it was #$%#ing close though, the 911 was best in handling and saleen won cuz of top speed

17. The Mustang that should've been...

See Ford, this is the Mustang you should've built. You tried building a sports car around an underdeveloped 4601 cc motor that has probably the specific output of a base 351-W. For shame. Ford, you need some real engineers instead of those mongoloids who gobbled up that extra money from the execs so they can build an extra-crappy Mustang. Jeez!! The Saleen SR is a perfect example of why the Ford Mustang sucks...well at least the SN95 and to the lesser extent the FOX body. These late-model Mustangs are like Republicans; you will believe anything that you hear from them. Ford has been fleecing the public with these piss-poor pseudo-ponycars. And what is with this 2003 Cobra!? 390 HP doesn't sell in my book. I don't care if it runs a flat 12 in a 1/4 mile. The Mustang was meant to be a circuit car, hence the Shelby GT500, and Ford's win at LeMans in 1967 (?). You Ford guys, as well as myself, know that Carroll cries himself to sleep knowing he had a hand in designing the SN95. I would cry too. Suffice to say, the Mustang is heading in the wrong direction. The main market for these cars is basically horny high school cheerleaders, old crones who "want to feel young again," and pretentious boy racers whose daddies pay for every useless modification just to have it run a flat 14. HA!! you people have been swooned by ol' Blue. Now, I never said that I didn't like Ford. I love Ford with all my heart, and I feel this lecture is more like tough love than a diss. I mean, the Mustang was a great car, but now it has evolved into a straight line machine, which was not its original intention. I mean, there are far better cars out there than the Mustang. Unfortunately, they're all either Japanese cars (350Z) or they start with the letter "C" and end in "Orvette." C'mon Ford, bring out a real Mustang; bring out a Mustang that represents its pedigree, and not another bee-line car that'll run a flat 12 to impress the boy racers (Boy racers can go to hell). I think Steve Saleen was a visionary. He created what Ford could never do; he made a mad fast car, pardon my boy racer speech, that would be a potential track murderer. I mean, Mustangs today are just about as heavy as their predecessors. I'm an not going to be touting around in a 260-HP tank. The specific output, like I stated earlier, about that of a Briggs & Stratton. And the suspension is archaic; Ford has been using the MacPherson strut/stick axle since its first incarnation. Dear engineers at Ford: pull your heads out of your assess and design a real car. I am not impressed at all by the new 2004 (?) Mustang. I would rather be shot in the face while ravenous monkeys bite off my testicles. The new DEW Mustang's powetrain should be of a front-mid engine design, consisting of a revised 351 CI OHV motor, with 4-valve heads (hint hint Arao Engineering?). The suspension should consist of an unequal-length, double wishbone suspension, as they are the most suitable for the circuit. And the interior, well don't waste so much money on it!! You idiots at Ford waste all your money on designing a living room interior for a car that was meant to be driven fast. That is where all the weight is going to!! The Cobra should incorporate a titanium exhaust, mimicking that of the Corvette Z06, the car to which I'm sold for right now. And the Cobra should also have Recaro seats rather than those burly, fat guy "sport seats." Since when did race cars have electric seats??? You don't need DOHC to make yourself look smart; I'd rather stick with OHV American Iron. GM's been doing it since the first 350 came out. Don't turn your back on your heritage Ford. You've brought kick ass engines like the Boss 351, 302, 429, and my personal favorites, the easily tunable 351-W and the torquey 351-C. What the hell ever happened to those great motors!? screw the 99X and the 99V motors. They just plain suck. Face it Ford, you can't make OHC engines, with the exception of the 2.0 litre Cosworth engines, but that's a whole new story...No supercharger is going to replace the fact that the Cobra is a laughingstock. SVT is out of their minds. John Coletti must enjoy his arsenic milkshakes, seeing as he's an idiot and all. Ford is heading in the wrong direction with the Mustang. What ever happened to bringing back the old days, the glory days of ol' Blue??? The best you have to show for is that piece of crap Thunderbird!? Put a 428 and maybe I'd reconsider...Look, Ford, you should do what you're good at, making kick ass musclecars that actually have muscle. Don't try to pretend that you know how to build a DOHC engine; we know you guys suck at it. So to the Saleen SR, thanks Steve for designing the Mustang that could've been. Shame on you Ford for misleading us, America...

...Down with boy racers...

Oh by the way, i love the new design of the DEW, but everything but the body has got to go!! Thanks for giving us false hope in believing that there'd be a better Mustang. My suggestion is to pull the Mustang off the line-up for a while and go back to the drawing board. Just build a better Mustang...dear God please make a better one!!!!

18. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Ford can't make good cars? Boss Mustang- 1.9 sec 0-60, i would still take the lingenfelter corvette 427tt over it, but boss mustang has the faster 0-60 time, also look at the SVT lighting, thats pure power. But fords arent too reliable, once you have the blue oval, you're screwed.

19. This guy's right!!

I'm on a roll!! Too bad there are "haters," pardon my French, in this forum that feel that they are right because they spit out mindless dribble about American cars being on top. Well anyhoo, Ford sucks. Let's face it. Oh yeah, I love the heritage of Ford, but they suck. I can't wait to get my 1998 Corvette...

20. Did I just write that!?

Did I just write that!? I'm starting to make less sense. Solitary confinement isn't working for me. Time to inhale some courage powder...

21. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

You are plainly stupid. I mean the mustang clearly or at least helped spark the muscle car era. And no , none of the mustangs sucked unless they were a 4 or 6. But when you say that we (Ford lovers!!!) need specialty mod engineers you are plainly stupid. Why must you have lingenfelter or Callaway. Shut you're trap. There is a pony car and a muscle and even a supercar. So shut it !!! 1967 Ford GT40 MK4... used a Ford 427 V8(used in mustangs) to top out at 220 mph. No vette has came close stock exept that L88 race car one. Who's with me. Chevy is good but not near as good as FORD.!!!

22. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

U ARE RIGHT
    these #$%#in retards that think they know whats going on wit ford are just stupid wit there heads stuck up there asses..... ford did not go get shelby to build cars for them nor did they get saleen...saleen, and shelby asked if they could modify the cars for them..... chevy did not ask callaway or leingenfelter to put mods on there vettes either... so stfu about this asking guys to build on the cars. mustangs have been the muscle to cars since the 1960's dont tell me your going to dis a ford mustang gt 390.. cause you just cant.. or the boss 429.. you cant you see these cars have so much potential DONT KNOCK UM!

23. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

What Chevy did Shelby work on?
    If I'm not mistaken then he's the one who improved the (Ford) Mustang.

24. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Ford haters suck. Saleen dosn't build the engine, he adds mods.

25. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

you guys are not car lovers if you can't see past your I love Fords or I love Chevys cleche, if you love cars you would love them all and the sr is a fast car that originated in 1999 and come 2003 it can take turns faster running 1.09 turning g's and 4 sec 0-60 and higher top speed than a 2003 Corvette Z06 and that is a feat but the z06 is still very fast and I would buy one any day cause it is tons cheaper and Ford can make power cause the Mustang GT runs around 265 HP and the Camaro z28 runs 277 HP but the mustang still gets faster 0-60 and quarter mile times horsepower isn't everything if you don't have the right rear end ratios and transmission ratios and better power to weight ratio even though the camaro is a cool car but they are at a disadvantage for not updating their 5.7 liter 350 Cid engine and the mustang coming a few horspower short of the camaros with a 4.6 liter 289 Cid engine so you can't say they can't make horsepower if they try
    and you guys can't say that when Ford is running 500.1 Horsepower and 500 ft-lbs of torqe with a supercharged 5.4 liter 330 Cid engine in the GT and the Viper SRT-10 runs 500 horsepower 500 ft-lbs of torque out of a 8.3 liter 505 Cid engine. Explain that! The Dodge Viper SRT-10 is fast but that also reflects to your american car cleche that most of you have so it comes to show you if they try they do