Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Discussion in '2000 Ford Saleen Mustang SR' started by bkr, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

badfish, STFU. you fail to realize the mustang is not meant to be some kind of supercar like you seem to think. it is meant to be an affordable RWD 2+2, and it does that well. There arnt many other cars around there that are under 25 grand new like the GT, and can run quarter miles in the high 13s stock. It also has a large aftermarket following, and you can make it into whatever you want, a road racer, drag car, etc.

2. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

You are aware the 2003 Mustang Cobra has 390hp and 390lbtq right? And they also got the 302 way over 1000hp NA charged. Waiting for Chevy to attempt a car with 302cu in and 4.6L to get over 1000hp. Camaros have 5.7L engines and the higest they got to was like 325hp. MUSTANG HAVE 4.6 and they up to 390 MADE ALL BY FORD

3. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

I would just like to say whats your point ?
    I mean if someone gave me the damn Mustang Saleen I'd take it without a second thought. And as to Ford cant make its own power. What in the hell do you call the 2000 Mustang Cobra R, or to a lesser extent the 2003 Cobra, hm....... not to mention the Super Stallion and various older mustangs.

4. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

This is a damn nice car!! And the guy who made this thread is an Idiot!Now I dont like to call names but...I call it how I see it! Anywayz us Ford and Chevy fans need to stick together now with the camaro gone,were losing to the imports. You dont see Nissan fans and Honda fans Fighting. Quit being narrow minded!

5. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

First off what none of you dumbasses realize is that the mustangs are using 4.6L engines instead of 5.7L like the Camaros (discontinued) and Corvettes so its harder to get straight power out of them. Not to mentiont he engines are only 289cu which is ficken small. And they still got the 289 over 1000hp easy N/A charged.

6. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

as far as im concerned...the car is very nice....and whoever started this thread is #$%#in mentally handicapped because in the first place ford didnt ask for saleen to build them cars....saleen asked if he could modify them....

HAHA....
    PiSSiN oN PiStOnS

7. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Really?? My father's Bronco has 230,000 miles on it!!!! Without any major work done on it!! My Bronco has 145,000 miles on it!!!. My mustang has 160,000 miles!! Should I keep going? My friend bought an F-150 with 190,000 miles on it. His parents are diehard Toyota fans. His father's 4-runner had nothing but problems but his parents were still pissed when he brought home a Ford. His F-150 now has 210,000 miles on it. His father was so happy with that F-150 that he went out and traded in the 4-runner for an F-250. Now that's really saying something when a 20 year old F-150 with 190,000 miles can convert diehard Toyota owners into Ford owners. Recent surveys from consumer reports show that the average Ford is above average when it comes to reliability. People on this site are still thinking about the crappy 90's taurus and windstar.

8. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

You people who think ford and/or chevy cannot make good cars are inane idiots! You are trying to say that (probably) the best 2 car manufactoring companies cannot make fast, capable cars! They have more experience then 90% of other car companies! The make of this topic is just as dumb as his opinion!

9. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Its all about money man. If you dont agree your an idiot. How many Mustangs do you see on the road and how many of any other sports cars do you see. By far there is a 100 to 1 Mustangs over Vette's and 1000 to 1 over Vipers. Why would Ford stop making their small 289 with 265 HP when they are making a shitload of money off them. I think that is pretty smart. I wouldnt own one of those peice of shit v-6 Mustangs. That is what I call a fake Stang. Yea I wish that Mustang would come out with a 351 again. If they do, watch out Vette and Viper. That new Cobra has got 390 HP in a 4.6 litre v-8 just imagine what they could put in a 351. SMOKE A PEICE OF SHIT CHEVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. As you can see the Mustang put the Camaro OUT OF ORDER. The 289 Cobra can take the 350 Z28. What does that tell you. Ford just dont want to waste their time and money in something big like that. Its 2004 man its all about the top end profit. What about the Ford GT man? That will beat any Chevy or Dodge made with its 500 HP. And you know what I wont ever own a shitty chevy because they #$%# up after 70000 miles. HOPE YOU GOT MONEY CHEVY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

351 clevland (new) that would be sweet in australia we would undoutably bring back the GT-HO the rightfull king of sadans even the (M5) that would be sweet dohc would put out around 360kw with a superchager around 480+kw hahha

11. Re: Ford cant make power so they have to get Steve Saleen

Not to bag on the SR, cuz i LOVE the hell out of it, but fyi, the upcoming Ford GT is faster in accelleration, top speed, and 1/4 mile. Try THAT for Ford engineering, biatch (the dood who started this dumb thread)