ford suck

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by ch1c4n3, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: ford suck

all i can say is...GT90, best american car ever

2. Re: ford suck

Hi, ch1. Hey, Saleen, know who makes Saleen's parts?? Know why Steve Saleen chose Ford? My transmissions never fallen out...

3. Re: ford suck

I agree fords do suck

4. Re: ford suck

You never drove a mustang?

5. Re: ford suck

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ch1c4n3</i>
    <b>fords biggest engine is actually a 6.0-litre V12 in the Aston Vanquish with 460hp, grrrrr</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No!!!! Don't even mention Ford in the same sentence as the Vanquish. Just because Ford bought out Aston Martin, it doesn't mean that "Ford" builds the car or the engines. It's like saying that crappy Fiat builds Ferrari engines and the upcoming F60.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: bite this ford boy

It rumbles with the throat of a thunderstorm on Main Street, and there's a roll cage and a racing driver's seat (which is connected to the factory six-way adjuster, by the way). If no one looks close, maybe they won't suspect that this car has been built by SLP as both a rolling testbed and showcase of the company's F-Car products. It can lift the front tires a foot off of the ground and cover a quarter-mile in 10 seconds. Even though it weighs 3,600 pounds with the driver aboard and the air conditioner still works, the stroked LS1 cranks out 550 big horses to move this basically stock Camaro impressively. During our photographer's drive time, he was able to induce wheel-spin at 45 miles an hour, and from a dead stop he invoked the phrase "fuhgeddaboudit" which describes any attempt to avoid a burnout. This is all with the shifter in "D." Of course, the "Loud Mouth" exhaust was a constant reminder of this 382ci LS1's potential and might have encouraged one or two "hard starts."
    SLP began with a box-stock '00 model year Z28 that ran 13.6 and, according to chief engineer Brian Reese, "started adding our own parts." Appearance components including the hood, rear spoiler, and graphics were first. Then they enlarged the stock 346ci LSI with a longer-stroke crankshaft, rods, and pistons. CNC-ported heads, a beefed up valvetrain, and an 85mm mass air meter (a reprogrammed Delphi unit originally intended for 6.0L LS1 truck engines), and this small-block churned out 500 hp and 490 lb-ft of torque. With the installation of SLP's prototype "Stage II" heads with 2.02/1.57 valves, enhanced porting, and a deeper resurfacing cut to raise compression to about 11.5:1, they added another 50 hp, resulting in approximately 550 hp. Great for a naturally aspirated small-block! Exhaust comes through tuned-length headers (about 33 inches), "off road" race pipes instead of cats, and "Loud Mouth" exhausts (essentially in-line expansion chambers instead of mufflers). The computer is reprogrammed, and the rearend has been switched out for an SLP/Moser prepped 12-bolt with 4.11:1 gears turning 10.5-inch DOT Mickey Thompson's. The factory 4L60E is still in place, although it's been beefed up and a higher-rpm stall converter has been fitted.
    Even though we may do without Camaros for a while, it's nice to know that there is some awesome potential in the ones we can still get our hands on.if you are selling a Camaro less than $250 in california area or welling to ship it .......e-mail me at pimpewick@cs.com(any year)

7. Re: ford suck

Very well put Mr. Vortech.<!-- Signature -->

8. ok, whoever thinks that Fords are better than Chevy's are really freaking stupid. The transmitions in Fords fall out after like 1 year. Ford's suck! the only good one they ever thought about making, was the Ford 49, and they decided not to make it. so ford sucks all around.
    <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: ford suck

All I can say is that I've worked at Pep Boys and seen what cars come into the service center, and the overwhelming majority is 10+ year old imports and any year of Fords. Driving back from Florida to Atlanta, 13 out of 14 cars that were dead on the side of the road were Fords, 3 of them within 200 feet of each other. And as far as performance goes, no Ford division has outperformed GM in a comparable car in recent years. I mean, the biggest engine they offer in a car (excepting the SVT Cobra R, which was beaten by a Vette, but that's beside the point, the point is that they only made a few hundred, and they built it as basically a race car...very unliveable) is 4.6 liters, and didn't get over 300 horsepower until this year in the Cobra (I think it's at 310 now or something), and the Cobra is STILL slower and handles worse than a Camaro or Trans Am. Now while I'd much rather have ANY American car over most imports (except those that come from the factory fast), I'll take a GM over a Ford anyday. And as far as the best GM cars, those would have to be the Pontiacs of the sixties/early 70's. Can you say "GTO"?...Peace<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: ford suck

That's the stupidest thing I have heard in a little while. I used to go offroading in my Ford Tempo, it never broke. My friend's truck has 180,000 miles on the original motor and he RACES it, it's never broken down. Infact, we've used it to tow Richard's GTO, sucker.

Oh, and did you know that Ford outsells GM and Chrysler? Hell, they outsell them in Trucks combined, and hve 3 of the top selling cars in the world.

11. Re: ford suck

fords biggest engine is actually a 6.0-litre V12 in the Aston Vanquish with 460hp, grrrrr

12. Re: ford suck

I'm sorry, but I'm just going by what I've seen. Just stating the facts. Ok, I guess you've got me on the Aston Martin, but I wasn't taking into account subsidiaries, only companies directly under the parent company such as Lincoln and Mercury for Ford, or Chevy and Pontiac for GM. However, that engine is not actually produced by Ford, although it Ford did have quite a hand in the development process. But Ford's domestic brands are of lower quality than GM from my personal experience. Oh, and as far as the truck goes, that's a truck. I should hope that it holds up. My 66 pontiac had 250,000+ miles on it's engine before one of the pistons decided to decompose itself during a race. The reason (I found this out the next day) was because my rebuilt quadrajet wasn't getting any gas to the secondaries, so the cylinders built up too much heat as they were running lean. As far as Ford outselling GM goes, you're right again, but who says that just because a car sells a lot makes it good? That would make Fords just about the best cars in the world, and put Ferraris and Lamborghinis down there with Pintos...wait...Pintos were Fords. My bad. Guess that theory's blown up...like the Pinto. Oh, and did you know that excluding third world countries, America has the weakest education system? What does that tell you about the intelligence required to buy a Ford?<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: ford suck

Ford sells more than Chevy and GM because people have to buy more fords to replace the ones that they had the transmissions go out in. Chevy guys don't have to buy a new truck due to transmission poblems, they were smart.....hey bought a Chevy.

GTO rules theopen roads

14. Re: ford suck

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 1966pontiac</i>
    <b>All I can say is that I've worked at Pep Boys and seen what cars come into the service center, and the overwhelming majority is 10+ year old imports and any year of Fords. Driving back from Florida to Atlanta, 13 out of 14 cars that were dead on the side of the road were Fords, 3 of them within 200 feet of each other. And as far as performance goes, no Ford division has outperformed GM in a comparable car in recent years. I mean, the biggest engine they offer in a car (excepting the SVT Cobra R, which was beaten by a Vette, but that's beside the point, the point is that they only made a few hundred, and they built it as basically a race car...very unliveable) is 4.6 liters, and didn't get over 300 horsepower until this year in the Cobra (I think it's at 310 now or something), and the Cobra is STILL slower and handles worse than a Camaro or Trans Am. Now while I'd much rather have ANY American car over most imports (except those that come from the factory fast), I'll take a GM over a Ford anyday. And as far as the best GM cars, those would have to be the Pontiacs of the sixties/early 70's. Can you say "GTO"?...Peace</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok, the thing you said in there about no Ford ever beating a GM? Have you ever heard of the infamous race of Chevy's ZL1 and Ford's BOSS Mustang? If I remember reading the Car and Driver article correclty, the BOSS won.

Well, looks like Ford acually has beaten GM at a few things: creating a beast of a drag-car out of a Mustang, beating the GM counterpart car to the BOSS (the ZL1), and on top of that becoming and maintaining it's position as the best-selling car company on the planet!! <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: ford suck

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 1966pontiac</i>
    <b>All I can say is that I've worked at Pep Boys and seen what cars come into the service center, and the overwhelming majority is 10+ year old imports and any year of Fords. Driving back from Florida to Atlanta, 13 out of 14 cars that were dead on the side of the road were Fords, 3 of them within 200 feet of each other. And as far as performance goes, no Ford division has outperformed GM in a comparable car in recent years. I mean, the biggest engine they offer in a car (excepting the SVT Cobra R, which was beaten by a Vette, but that's beside the point, the point is that they only made a few hundred, and they built it as basically a race car...very unliveable) is 4.6 liters, and didn't get over 300 horsepower until this year in the Cobra (I think it's at 310 now or something), and the Cobra is STILL slower and handles worse than a Camaro or Trans Am. Now while I'd much rather have ANY American car over most imports (except those that come from the factory fast), I'll take a GM over a Ford anyday. And as far as the best GM cars, those would have to be the Pontiacs of the sixties/early 70's. Can you say "GTO"?...Peace</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

F*ck Pep Boys you dork! "Fords like us, 'I Hate Rustangs' hates us" hehehehe! You are right about ford not comparing to GM in performance but I had to make fun of you for posting your job experience! Don't get angry, it's funny laugh! If I offend anyone here F*ck You! This is the baddest ass car and I want it! If anyone knows how, I know where to get the block for this baby, but if anyone knows all the other parts to build this American Dream, please post it as a Topic and let all who want to know be educated! Thanx!<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: ford suck

ford sells more then gm and chrysler because they sell vehicles under one name! mercury and lincohn don't really count.

17. Re: ford suck

i'm not saying fords suck. wait a minute, ya i am. any chev could beat any ford any day. fords don't deserve to be driven. they are terrible.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: ford suck

Ford sucks, so does chev, and dodge

19. Re: ford suck

Nah, I think it's Nissan that sucks.

20. Re: ford suck

Ford is worse than a Chevy? Is AIDS worse than the black death? Perhaps, but I wouldn't want either one. GET A JAPANESE CAR THAT DOESN't BREAK DOWN, HAS A NICE INTERIOR, AND CAN HANDLE<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: ford suck

geez...they just dont get it do they bigblock?????<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: ford suck

Wow, you people need some help. My almost stock 12 year old Thunderbird SC 35th Anniversary has blown away almost everything i've raced, Let's see: Civic R (that was a laugh), Integra GSR (put up a lil fight), Camaro Z-28 (almost had me, but not quite) Grand AM GT (what a joke) as a matter of fact the only cars that have beat me are a 5.0 Mustange and a 2001 Mustang GT. and BTW, my car has 130,000 miles on it and it still runs smooth as silk. So all you Ford haters who only envy great cars need to rethink what your saying.

23. Re: ford suck

fords are horrible. chevys have always been the best, and they always will. corvette could beat the "gt90" any day.<!-- Signature -->

24. #24 GimmeaJaguar, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: ford suck

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hawkdude56</i>
    <b>i'm not saying fords suck. wait a minute, ya i am. any chev could beat any ford any day. fords don't deserve to be driven. they are terrible.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm not a Ford man, but I know something sweet when I see it. Check out the concepts on this page, particularly the 10L V8 Boss Mustang. I don't think ANY Chevy could beat it. In fact, why the hell is it not on this site when it goes 0-60 in 1.9 sec!!!!!!!!!! http://www.svt.ford.com/flash/index.html <!-- Signature -->

25. #25 GimmeaJaguar, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: ford suck

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hawkdude56</i>
    <b>fords are horrible. chevys have always been the best, and they always will. corvette could beat the "gt90" any day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

http://www.svt.ford.com/flash/index.html

Just go there and see just what SHOULD have been made. I'm not certain on some Chevy prototypes but I wouldn't mind the 10L V8 Boss Mustang even if it is a mustang.<!-- Signature -->