Ford will never own Truck Country

Discussion in '1963 Shelby Competition Cobra 289 Le Mans Hardtop' started by F-Bodies-Forever, Aug 9, 2002.

1. If this truck ever does get produced it will still have nothing on a Chevrolet 2500 HD with the 8.1 liter, producing 340 monster horsepower, so cram it up your asses ford!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

I like the quote

3. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

hey guess wut f bodies forever. fords comin out with a redesigned f650 in a few years and id like to see ur wussy litle 2500hd stand up to that. i forget the hp but it has over 800 lb ft of torque baby.
    that thing hauls. o and by the way wen chevy says like a rock they mean that its like a rock, it just sits there and doesnt move

4. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

if truck country is the usa then you are making no sense. you dont get to be the number 1 selling truck for 20 some years without it being your country

5. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

Fords are for pussies<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

Your absolutly right. ford IS truck country. the super-600 is supsoivly to prodice 600hp.. chevy could never do that.

7. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

I just dont understand you reasoning, comparing gas engines to diesel engines, especailly as far as horsepower. what a moron. when you save a huge truck and want to haul shit you dont care about horsepower, you care about tourque. Diesel engines have much more tourque than horsepower, while gas has usually about the same, maybe a little more tourque. you can put a 350 horse diesel up againt a 350 horse gas anyday, because a 350 horse diesel if #$%#in huge. The biggest engine you could get in a mack truck, for example, has 600 horsepower, and over 2000 ft lbs. of tourque. Diesel over gas anyday.

8. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Diablo Viper 5</i>
    <b>Fords are for pussies</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

chevys are for c^&#$<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

if ford doesnt own truck country then what is it doing at the number one spot for 20+ years as the number one sellin truck in the usa...

the f-series sells more than the gmc/chevy combined...wtf they needed two comanies to even be competative?

hahahah chevy will never own truck country face the fact u moron<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

i salute you... diesel are the shit... nothing beats the gutteral growl of a diesel starting. I love working on trucks.. But, I prefer the older style over the new so called "aero-dynamic" body's. They just don't look like a truck.

11. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

the f-650 coming out is an awesome diesel, 600hp from a diesel! id like to see chevy do that.

12. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from F-Bodies-Forever</i>
    <b>If this truck ever does get produced it will still have nothing on a Chevrolet 2500 HD with the 8.1 liter, producing 340 monster horsepower, so cram it up your asses ford!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> this is not a sports car dumb shit, they are not competing how much power they can make.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

the body who started this must be blind cause, he said the 8.1L produces 340hp, well this thing is diesel and producing 350hp. haha, what a nut case, anyway i would never buy a HD with gas in the long run you save so much money on gas, and last you longer too.

14. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

Too late, they already do.

20 years straight, am I not correct?

I know I am.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

sweet truck. how much did you raise it if its yours

16. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

Ford rulz thats why there the top selling truck for 20 years this truck rulz<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

Well if ford doesnt own truck country then who does?
    i think that having the best selling full size truck,
    best selling midsize/mini(ranger)
    and having compleately dominateed the suv market would mean that they own truck country..
    not to mention that they have the fastest truck(untill that viper powerered ram comes out)........not that trucks should be fast
    i think thats enough to own "truck country"

18. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

meh there will be a newer lightning to beat the new dodge i hope...

but ya Ford is the King of Vehicles....
    and for sure the Mayor of Truckville.

19. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

Heh let Dodge have Truckville, Ford's the President.

If you want speed from a truck... Lighning>* (at least for now) and The lighning could dust anything that Chevy makes with a bed in the back.

Best selling Trucks for 20 Years... Sure, Ford doesn't dominate the truck market.

20. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

I'll wager both of my F250 turbo's against any of you're chevy's. Bring it on bro.(Like were gonna somn',hehe) But I would take a Ford over any truck. Seeing that every Ford I;ve driven has out towed a chvy!!!

21. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

Bruce Speaks the truth :

I'll wager both of my F250 turbo's against any of you're chevy's. Bring it on bro.(Like were gonna somn',hehe) But I would take a Ford over any truck. Seeing that every Ford I;ve driven has out towed a chvy!!!

but NOTHING is as bad as a DODGE!!! Have you ever really take a look at the suspensions on those POS's. They have a very weak rear end and they have the worst 4X4 transmissions ever put in production. Good luck making them last 50,000 if your going through mud.

22. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

What ever my F-350 Power Stroke will out pull any other truck. I know because I've done it. Hooked up to a chevy, dodge, and a toyota and pulled them all over the place. Non-Fords need not apply. No contest.

23. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

i want to see what ford's new 6.0 diesel is gonna do. its hp and turque numbers blow all the other diesels off the map. chevys duramax, the cummings HO, and ford 7.3 turbodiesel. its one badass engine.

24. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

Ford's lightning is an amazing truck. However I am a devoted Chevy fan. I would never buy a Ford. Nothing personal, only, its not a Chevy. When the Silverado SS is released hopefully GM won't make customers take it upon them selves to make it competition for the Lightning.

25. Re: Ford will never own Truck Country

Even if Chev did have more power, when it comes to pulling its torque you need, not power, and thats where the fords are unbeatable to my knowledge.