Front-Wheel-Drive Sucks!!!

Discussion in '1967 Oldsmobile Toronado' started by Lowriderchevy, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I hate the Toronado. It was the start of the FF cars.

2. Re: Front-Wheel-Drive Sucks!!!

Only thing shitty about this is the weight.....

3. Re: Front-Wheel-Drive Sucks!!!

i have the 1999 cadillac seville STS, its currently the most powerful production FF car in the world, and it rules, it has crisp handling like u cant believe! its certainly much safer than my 78 ford, so shut the hell up.

4. Re: Front-Wheel-Drive Sucks!!!

I really wish people would actually do some reaseach before they makes themselves look like an ass....

There were mass-produced front-drive cars LONG before the Toro...

5. Re:

The first FF cars were made sometime in the 1930's

6. Re: Front-Wheel-Drive Sucks!!!

It wasn't the first FWD car.

I have a higher post count then everyone in this thread, I'm right.

7. Re: Front-Wheel-Drive Sucks!!!

American muscle like this should absolutely be RWD!

8. Re: Re:

wasn't the first american ff car the cord 812 (i think)

9. with all your respects...when the toronado was released in 1966..it was instantly the strongest and fastest american FWD (including 1970 caddy eldorado) ever built and in the 60's this was a BIG smash..even today's cars who are now faster will be in 30 years considered as TOO SLOW...what you have to think is when you get in these very special cars more than 30 years after they were made you can still feel the joy and proud priviliges their first owners had handling them and most of the people who sees my cars are impressed by the way they looks and drive..to end all this ..i would like to see 20 years from now what people would think about the 1987 buick GNX..as i already maybe have the answer...it was the fastest 0-60 american car of the 80's...but in 2017 i would be proud to drive this beast one last 0 to 60 and feel again what they felt 30 years before...right!

10. with all your respects...when the toronado was released in 1966..it was instantly the strongest and fastest american FWD (including 1970 caddy eldorado) ever built and in the 60's this was a BIG smash..even today's cars who are now faster will be in 30 years considered as TOO SLOW...what you have to think is when you get in these very special cars more than 30 years after they were made you can still feel the joy and proud priviliges their first owners had handling them and most of the people who sees my cars are impressed by the way they looks and drive..to end all this ..i would like to see 20 years from now what people would think about the 1987 buick GNX..as i already maybe have the answer...it was the fastest 0-60 american car of the 80's...but in 2017 i would be proud to drive this beast one last 0 to 60 and feel again what they felt 30 years before...right!

11. with all your respects...when the toronado was released in 1966..it was instantly the strongest and fastest american FWD (including 1970 caddy eldorado) ever built and in the 60's this was a BIG smash..even today's cars who are now faster will be in 30 years considered as TOO SLOW...what you have to think is when you get in these very special cars more than 30 years after they were made you can still feel the joy and proud priviliges their first owners had handling them and most of the people who sees my cars are impressed by the way they looks and drive..to end all this ..i would like to see 20 years from now what people would think about the 1987 buick GNX..as i already maybe have the answer...it was the fastest 0-60 american car of the 80's...but in 2017 i would be proud to drive this beast one last 0 to 60 and feel again what they felt 30 years before...right!

12. I agree

13. Toronados are not a muscle car. The thought of a FWD 455 is extremely attractive when most of the general populace wouldn't expect to see an old 60's car tear up the front tires mixed with the lazy groan of a 455. I like it. It's different. Jay Leno has a Toronado that he hot rodded with an LS engine, unfortunatley he converted it to rear wheel so that kill's the attribute most unique to the car, and therefore makes it somewhat bland even when compared to a stock Toronado. I am no fan of FWD, but as for the Toro, that is FWD in style, friends. American pride all the way.