FUCKED UP

Discussion in '1990 Mosler Consulier GTP Targa LX' started by GGVTG18, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This car lacks power and campared to this a speed bump is like a wall.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: FUCKED UP

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GGVTG18</i>
    <b>This car lacks power and campared to this a speed bump is like a wall.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Care to race one?

3. This car lacks power and campared to this a speed bump is like a wall.<!-- Signature -->

4. This car lacks power and campared to this a speed bump is like a wall.<!-- Signature -->

5. INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

ARGHHH why would they use an i-4 in a car that they obviously want it for speed, and racing. like...ARGH

6. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Ever heard of the $100,000 challange?

Mosler put up $100,000 for any streetlegal production car, that could turn a faster lap than the Consulier. Porsche, Corvette, and Lamborghini's among others all left without the money. Consuliers were also banned from alot of races because they were almost unbeatable. Believe it or not, those 2.2L turbos are pretty fast in a car this light.

7. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

This thing puts out impressive times for the relatively low power. Nice low end torque for a 4 banger!

8. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Some years back, Chrysler created a concept car (can't remember the name, saw the wicked thing in a poster at the dealer) that used the venerable 2.2L 4 cylinder, with dual superchargers and a specially designed head. It produced 440HP and was able to push the car well over 200MPH. Bigger is not always better.

9. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

proven by the EX257<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Finally some intelligence around here. Glad to see some people understand the bigger is not always better. Fit the engine to the task and make it work. I would do something about the bodywork on this one though. I don't usually criticize, but this is just plain unpleasant to look at. I hope it's for functional reasons (such as a lower dc).<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

Yes the car was designed for function over styling. It even has Warren Mosler's signature split boat style windshield to improve aerodynamics and the angle of depression, solar flare etc.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: INLIKE 4?!?! ARGH!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TrueSlideXL</i>
    <b>Yes the car was designed for function over styling. It even has Warren Mosler's signature split boat style windshield to improve aerodynamics and the angle of depression, solar flare etc.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Raptor has the split windshield, the Consulier has a traditional windshield.

13. Doubles as a snowplow in winter....

Oh man, I kill myself.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Doubles as a snowplow in winter....

lol, how far is the top from the ground?, 24inches!<!-- Signature -->

15. fairly quick but very strange

I dont know about anyone else, but this car is pretty cool. All i know is that you can get a used one for the 20s, and thats pretty quick for your money. and you'd surely get a few looks.....

16. Re: fairly quick but very strange

Yeah you get weird looks...

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: fairly quick but very strange

sleepy-eyed egg-carton looks....the wheels look socketed and the wind shield is way off!!!!....pretty fast though...due to it's lightweight

18. Re: fairly quick but very strange

looks like somthin speed racer would race<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: fairly quick but very strange

I drove one at the 24 hr of nelson a few years ago this thing is a blast to drive. its like a gocart on seriods. you can get used ones cheap!!!

20. Re: fairly quick but very strange

this car is awesome!

21. Re: fairly quick but very strange

looks really funny, sort of like a platypus<!-- Signature -->

22. This car lacks power and campared to this a speed bump is like a wall.<!-- Signature -->

23. This car lacks power and campared to this a speed bump is like a wall.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: FUCKED UP

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GGVTG18</i>
    <b>This car lacks power and campared to this a speed bump is like a wall.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Care to race one?

25. This car lacks power and campared to this a speed bump is like a wall.<!-- Signature -->