fugly car

Discussion in '2001 Pontiac Vibe GT-R Concept' started by SquirrelRacer, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: fugly car

I think it looks clean, sporty, but a little too... Honda/Focus wannabe.

2. Re: fugly car

yup, that's right folks, they are ditching the firebird to make room for THIS

3. Re: fugly car

i hate to break it to you, but pontiac will probably sell more of these in there first year of sales than the firebird did over the last 2 or 3. not that it really matters, this car is just as much a piece of crap as the firebird was.

4. Re: fugly car

i think is has ford focus, mazda 5 and toyota matrix in it

5. Re: fugly car

this car is a suped up POS mini-aztek. It has the ugliness of an aztek, with a performance of a tweaked ford focus. if i saw this car in a parking lot, i would urinate on it.

6. Re: fugly car

That is really one fugly car. If they sold GT-R version of the Matrix, then it'll be a hit on the streets cuz of import races, but altho Toyota DOES make this car, it won't be a big of a hit as it could be with Matrix.

7. Indeed...

Its funny anybody how anybody thinks Jap cars are better when you have to admit American cars have been improving from a few years back.

Anyone who remembers the Toyota Corolla/Geo (Chevy) Prizm knows how the Toyota dealers told the users that Corollas were better than Prizms, that they chose higher quaility materials and all that, but after all they were the same car.

The Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix is the next step of the GM-Toyota collaboration, they both share plattforms, engines and interior styling, but outside they are completely different. I like the Pontiac more, because its so american yet so un-pontiac at times, it doesnt have excessive body cladding, instead the body is clean, the headlamps look more effective and contemporary to the Toyota's.

So I don't see why... the Toyota is going to be a sucess and will leave the POntiac well behind, because if so.. it should be the opposite actually.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Indeed...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ivanhoe</i>
    <b>Its funny anybody how anybody thinks Jap cars are better when you have to admit American cars have been improving from a few years back.

Anyone who remembers the Toyota Corolla/Geo (Chevy) Prizm knows how the Toyota dealers told the users that Corollas were better than Prizms, that they chose higher quaility materials and all that, but after all they were the same car.

The Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix is the next step of the GM-Toyota collaboration, they both share plattforms, engines and interior styling, but outside they are completely different. I like the Pontiac more, because its so american yet so un-pontiac at times, it doesnt have excessive body cladding, instead the body is clean, the headlamps look more effective and contemporary to the Toyota's.

So I don't see why... the Toyota is going to be a sucess and will leave the POntiac well behind, because if so.. it should be the opposite actually.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->im sorry, did you say that this car "doesnt have excessive body cladding". are we looking at the same pictures. this car has as much pontiac plastic on it as a grand am, grand prix, bonneville and asstec combined.

9. #9 ivanhoe, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Indeed...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from porscheguy</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>im sorry, did you say that this car "doesnt have excessive body cladding". are we looking at the same pictures. this car has as much pontiac plastic on it as a grand am, grand prix, bonneville and asstec combined.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hey dude...
    cmon... wake up... I was talking about the regular Pontiac Vibe... not this cladded up after-market version

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2002@$Pontiac@$Vibe%20GTc.html

<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: fugly car

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but anyone who would screw with another man's automobile, no matter how ugly, needs to be placed in front of a firing line. Rip into the cars verbally if it is a must, be keep the hands off.

11. #11 ivanhoe, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  12. Re: fugly car

Pontiac is ditching the firebird for the SSR pickup... not this.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: fugly car

this is the ugliest car in the world.. i saw it at the canadian international auto show.. its uglier in person.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: fugly car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Walperstyle</i>
    <b>Pontiac is ditching the firebird for the SSR pickup... not this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

the SSR is a niche vehicle, it has nothing to do with the F-bodies and is by no means a way to replace them.<!-- Signature -->

15. I can't believe where Pontiac is going with their design, this looks like a Ford Focus with holes in its beak. They have had some beautiful Firehawks in the last few years, but I hope that this Vibe creation and that fugly Aztek SUV Wanna-be are NOT the way that things are going to be coming in the next few years.

16. Re: fugly car

I agree, it looks like a collision (no better word for it) of a SUV, Mini-van and a station wagon....sadly, there WERE casualties, this car being one of them, hopefully some designers job being the other.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: fugly car

Ha pontiac vibe has its own unique look....the only thing i dont like is putting a lable like GT-R on something with 190 hp...how pathetic....throw a turbo on it and boost the power to 250...and give it all wheel drive and a six speed ...its not that hard to build ...and it could cost the same as a subaru...and be better...or mabee its just me!!!!

If i made the cars for gm ...everyone would want them....

18. Re: fugly car

This car is pathetic. ItŽs not that it's ugly, it's just that it's an american copy of a small japaneese car.

Pointac, stop this and do your thing!

19. Re: fugly car

To be honest I think it looks a little like a honda civiv type-r. what do u think?

20. Re: fugly car

You sure an ignorant guy arent you. If it isnt european you turn your nose up at it. Get over it and yourself!

21. I Like Pontiac But What An Ugly Front End And To Add Weight But No Performance Not EVer Ram Air (FUQQIN RICER!!!)

22. Ughh Stapled Panels Made Of Recyled Forks