Game Thread XL: Fat #$%# Edition

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Big Rob, Dec 25, 2010.

1. I don't cuz,i hate to split points between guns and energy weapons
    i think lasers are mostly gay, but plasma is cool

2. Mass Effect time again!

To bad it didn't come with ALL the DLC. #$%#ing Bioware and EA.

3. Will bump it up to 10 if need be

4. Lasers set people on fire when they crit kill them.

I put most of my points in speech, guns and repair. Jury rigging is so awesome.

5. I'll take number 10!

6. What's jury rigging
    How important is survival to hardcore mode

7. Not playing hardcore.

If you get repair 90 then you can fix weapons with those of the same type, not the same specific model. So 10mm pistol can fix a 9mm.

Also lets you repair unique weapons yourself with stuff you find.

8. If need be

9. You're not needed!

10. ill take 4
    Aaron69969

11. ugh add mee plz

12. I have a question, if you don't own the Stig pack, can your game still receive the cars?

I bought the Ultimate Edition so I got the pack, so I'm just wondering if I can send my friend the cars.

13. They would need the car pack to use the cars, but yes they can receive them

14. Oh...thats mega poopoo

15. Guys, need some computer advice please.

Bro's PC:

Asus P5E Deluxe
    Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz Quad-core
    1 GB DDR2 RAM
    320 SATA2 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda
    XFX 8800 GTX 768MB
    19" LCD
    500w Antec PSU (not 100% sure)

I noticed it is starting to slow down in newer games (such as the new NFS) and he asked me to upgrade (ugh I'm not up to date on component at all). Thing is, we are driving a pretty low resolution so not sure what is the issue here?

I was thinking uprading the RAM first, then videocard and monitor to a HD res is the budget is there.

Thanks,
    xDx

16. So if I but the anti material rifle for boone how much ammo do I gotta buy
    Cuz that shits expensive

17. 1GB of ram, your ancient GPU and if that's right the PSU is a POS also.

18. #543 ryan117, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    the memory is probably the only real issue. the videocard isn't great but it's plenty if you're running at a lower resolution and aren't anal about maximum settings. you could just get another gig but i'd go for 4, some new games use like 1.5 GB. something like this would be good, it's about as cheap as you can find DDR2 these days.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122&cm_re=ddr2_4_gb-_-20-231-122-_-Product

19. #544 4WD, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    No reason to get more then 3GB if he's using 32bit windows XP.

20. 4gb cost like 3 buck more

21. Ugh

22. Anyone else in or should I go ahead and do this?

23. Ram and Graphics card are the reasons it's getting slow.

Depending on the resolution of the screen, you should be able to pick up a second hand GPU that will run everything for a pretty good price. (the PSU will handle it without much problems if it's really 500w)

24. I think 8800 GT/GTX is a great card to play console ports at 60fps on a non 1080 monitor. I enjoyed mine this way. A known certainty though is that 2GB is the new min spec for many games, take care of that first like you mentioned.

25. I don't think it can handle NFS Shift though.

Overclocking the CPU a bit might give you some gains too.