Game Thread XXVIII - Goodbye Midway

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fluchtwagen, Dec 5, 2008.

1. #26 Hoboman, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    If I didn't own almost everything in there, I would buy it.

I like how they keep adding to it.

2. is it a limited time thing? or is it always there, as i dont own a single one of those games, but a large chunk of them are games that ive felt like purchasing in the past. (ive played a few like hl2 and liked it)

3. #28 mclaren777, Dec 5, 2008
  4. PROTIP: turn off the tutorial and subtitles before even starting PoP. They're super distracting annoying and needless, and the game is so much more beautiful with no HUD. They should be off by default.

5. I needed those first tutorial things so I could learn the controls. They go away on their own after a bit.

6. The Valve pack is always there. Every time they release a new game, they add it to the pack, but it's price never really changes.

7. Valve alwyas has boxing week sales (between xmas and new years).

8. awesome, looks like i might be getting myself a little gift for myself after christmas.

9. they never seem to go away, and the controls are so simple they're not needed whatsoever

edit -- considering this game rips everything off of ICO and SotC, they should have taken note that those games don't have any stupid control tutorials since they kill immersion: they assume you're clever enough to press all the buttons and see what they do.

10. Dead Rising is officially the best game on Xbox 360.

It's epic levels of fun.

11. Its good, and it's cheap now.

12. Or at least only do the tutorial once.

13. how guns work in that game made me dislike it.

14. Yeah, the Japanese still have a lot to learn about designing gunplay.

15. Left 4 Dead sucks.

16. What about it?

17. I like the setting, and how quick you get attacked, but thats about it.

The game engine is so outdated now.

Oh, and I want the new Tomb Raider, purely for being able to kick lions in the face.

18. it has nothing to do with the engine. i hate how valve tries too ahrd to make games so n00b friendly these days. they ruined dod that way and left 4 dead is a $50 turd compared zombie panic mod, which is free.

19. Want Killzone2

20. #45 mclaren777, Dec 5, 2008
  21. #46 mclaren777, Dec 5, 2008
  22. #47 mclaren777, Dec 6, 2008
  23. I use to play their games all the time when I was like 14.

24. #49 Porsche addict, Dec 6, 2008
  25. #50 catphish, Dec 6, 2008
    I loved Red Faction on the PS2. My friend & I would play deathmatches for hours with the bots. Everything about that game was great except a handful of little things like it didn't tell you who killed you or with what weapon. Otherwise awesome game.

Red Faction 2 was crap though, graphics seemed worse, and the game play was far too hyped up with people running at 110% normal speed, huge jumps, and just weapons overkill. You could spam grenades or fire bombs and win matches against peolpe you never even saw.

I'll rent Red Faction 3, but i'm not thrilled about it being a 3rd person shooter.