Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about....

Discussion in '2002 Dodge Viper GTS Final Edition' started by tiger005, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

Italienisch people make decent cars, but we make econimical ones, as in less than 100,000USD<!-- Signature -->

2. What I don't understand is why Dodge doesn't spend more time in airodynamics. The Viper is like a barn going down the road, a loud, rough riding, rich burning barn going down the road that is.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

What I don't understand is why Dodge doesn't spend more time in airodynamics. The Viper is like a barn going down the road, a loud, rough riding, rich burning barn going down the road that is.

first of all its aero not airo. the viper has more than enough horsepower to make up for the lack of aero. Fisrt u gotta realize that the people who buy any of these cars dont race them, thus does aero really matter. The people that have raced these cars, mainly team oreca have dominated there class. They have murdered the 911, corvette and s7 in the past and in the futere they will do the same to the cars i already mentioned plus the 550 maranello and 360 modena (that is the new body style)

4. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Adam Orrock</i>
    <b>What I don't understand is why Dodge doesn't spend more time in airodynamics. The Viper is like a barn going down the road, a loud, rough riding, rich burning barn going down the road that is.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

and despite what it looks like, it does have aerodynamics...lots of it.

the car hits 192mph with no problem...it does the 1mile acceleration at 172mph...after 120mph lots of things double as drag and force and things like that. the porshe can do mid 160's in the test.

and the fact that it rapes cars twice its price....and thats the main idea of this car...u want luxury buy a lexus...u want a no holds barrier to performance buy the viper.

loud engine, car people like it, to bad u dont, rough ride, its called racing suspension...and last it actually gets better mpg than cars in its class or what its compared to...

seems the germans and italians think they are invisible when this car has dominated them since the beginning.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

I can't underestand why you stupid yankees believe american's cars are the better in the world. That's not true american cars can only count on big engines to make power. Italian engines have more horses and less cube centimeters... why? because italian engeneers are better than your's...

6. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from scavenger</i>
    <b>I can't underestand why you stupid yankees believe american's cars are the better in the world. That's not true american cars can only count on big engines to make power. Italian engines have more horses and less cube centimeters... why? because italian engeneers are better than your's... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    In this case the better engineers are the ones who engineered the viper for a few reasons. It has dominated some races and probably will continue to dominate. What is so wrong with making massive power with a massive engine? A smaller engine lacks low end torque and basically lacks torque period. When you have a heavier car such as the viper lots of torque is mandatory to get it going in a hurry (or you can have steep gears that are only good for 10 mph each). If a formula works well for a car then it has been engineered well. American engineers are very capable of making a screaming 3 liter v12
    but they say why bother with that when we can have more potential and more torque with an 8 liter v10. Has anyone noticed that car manufacturers try and work with what they have. Engine development can cost into the billions. The chevy v8 has gone through significant changes and what they have now is the ls6 probably the best v8 currently in production. Honda has one of the best inline 4s. The viper v10 has not been around for a long time compared to some of the other engines but I can assure you that mopar will continue to improve upon the v10. I can go on and on along with some other people so just shut the hell up and respect the viper. Better yet go drive one then tell us about the downside of one. Look at the damn power curve for that v10! It does not need to rev to 10,000 rpm to make massive power and torque. A small engine needs to rev at insane speeds to make power where as a big engine has tremendous power off idle. Don't you think a well engineered engine will have respectable power where you need it most below 5,000 rpm? Anyway just shutup with your ignorant reasoning.

7. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

I will post here only on the "italian engineers are better than yours" quote (the rest of it is so low brow I can't even drag myself that low.) When italian engineers build something as complex and spectacular as the space shuttle then you can come back and back up that quote with a little dignity. Until then just try not to lump all engineers together into the automotive catagory.

8. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from scavenger</i>
    <b>I can't underestand why you stupid yankees believe american's cars are the better in the world. That's not true american cars can only count on big engines to make power. Italian engines have more horses and less cube centimeters... why? because italian engeneers are better than your's... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey bro that picture u gots of that lambo is designed by american engineers u stuped ass btw do u know what u are saying?

9. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

Porsches, Ferraris, and Lamborghinis fear this car. This Viper is like the leader in prison. Don't #$%# with it, or you will get #$%#ed yourself.

10. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

I really get tired of people who bash american cars because we choose to use large displacement engines. Consider this, an 8.0 liter producing 460 hp will last longer, and have less problems than a 3.5 liter engine, because there is more engine moving the car which means less stress on the engine. Trust me German and Italian engineers have alot to fear when this car or a vette shows up. Most often the italian car does not even finish the race, and the german cars watch the action from behind. See Ya!

11. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

Which Lambos fear this car? Certainly not a Mucielago, and here I am thinking that's the only car they make.

12. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

The GTS might not kill the Murcielago, but I know the GTSR will.

13. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

GTS-R? Why would you stoop to comparing a race to a street car?

14. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

The design is being changed

15. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

Not the race version. I'm talking about the concept. Too bad it's a concept. You know, the 2000 Viper GTS-R concept? It's not really a race car. It's actually a street car.

16. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

WHE HAVE MORE THAN 30 SPORTS CAR ABLE TO BEAT THE VIPER...
    WHAT SPORTS CARS DO YOU HAVE A VIPER AND A CORVETTE...NOTHING ELSE AND BOTH ARE SHIT...
    IF WE MAKE 3L ENGINE IT'S BECAUSE WE PAY FOR PETROL, YOU DON'T PAY A LOT... OR YOU GO AND KILL SOME AFGHAN AND IRAQUIS TO GET THEYR PETROL...
    MAKE SOME SPORTS CAR WE CAN SEE IN RACES...BECAUSE YOUR SPORTS CARS ONLY RACES IN USA, WHY? YOU DON'T HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO RACE WITH EUROPEAN CARS...FEAR?...
    VIPER IS GOOD BECAUSE EUROPEANS HAVE DEVELOPPED THIS CAR IN RACES...
    YOUR ENGINERS MAKE CARS FOR ALL THE FAT PEOPLE LIVING IN YOUR COUNTRY, COMFOTABLE AND....LARGE!
    THAT'S WHY YOU CAN'T MAKE SPORT'S CAR... AND YOU IMPORT EUROPEAN CARS...BECAUSE YOU LOVE OUR CARS DON'T YOU?

17. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

Do you have any real proof of the Viper being a nothing car? Or do you only have the stupid insults that you are talking about now? And as for America not having other sports cars besides the Viper and Vette, here are some more: Vector M12, Saleen S7 and S7R, Camaro ZL1, Shelby Series 1, Ford GT40 and GT90, Cadillac Cien, and more. Next time you can at least give some proof why a Viper sucks instead of making yourself look stupid.

18. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

Hmm, lets use our brains for a minute...
    You pay for gas, and your using that as an excuse to make small engines? Might i remind you that the 360 Modena/Spider get 11/16 mpg, with vettes pushing 20 as-tested (read: hard) driving mpg? Also, we dont import as many euro cars as jap cars, and both altogether are still less the the numbers of domestics sold in the US. Because a few people like driving imports doesnt mean everyone does. Thats like saying a guy in a focus in europe means that euros love US cars. What is wrong with having a large, comfortable car? I drive a buick roadmaster wagon, with a 5.7L V8, and its one of the best commuting cars ever. Whose been wining GTS (aka, based on production cars) class for that last several years at Le Mans? Im thinkin vettes and vipers doing a lot of Ass kicking thank you very much. And who says american cars dont handle? Hows about 1.00g on the skidpad for the 50,000 dollar Z06? Only recently bested by the 911 GT2 (almost $200,000) and the enzo ($650,000, 13 times more expensive). And wheres your 30 cars that beat the viper AT A REASONABLE PRICE? No shit your $500,000 dollar ferraris are going to beat the viper. Thats like saying a vette will beat a geo.

19. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

This thing handles so much better than what you think.

20. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

Idiot! Viper's smoked Euro cars plenty times! Corvettes too. Small engines with high RPM and power output (a 3.8 Ferrari engine [400hp])also produce more stress, heat, and friction. You get what? A not-reliable engine, and on the negitive side, it will cost so much to fix, being a Euro-Import. A big engine that produces a high amount of horsepower, but farily "low" RPM (5.7 Chev engine [400 hp])has less stress, because of the lower rpm, and because of the higher displacment, there's less strain on the engine than the Ferrari, and being a more reliable car. Oh, and before and r|ce-boy posts and knock domestic, have a present! (you'll have to resize the pic)

21. Re: Germans and Italians......You have nothing to worry about...

Driving the Viper is a sensation. The torque and acceleration force is astonishing - Motor Trend found it takes 4.1 seconds from 0-60mph and 9.5 seconds to 100mph. Car And Driver timed even quicker. It is therefore sufficiently quicker than the next fastest American sports car, Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Undoubtedly, Viper is one of the few supercars in the world - the others are Ferrari Enzo, Pagani Zonda C12S, Lamborghini Murcielago, Ferrari 575M, Porsche 911 GT2 and Turbo, TVR Tuscan S and Cerbera 4.5. However, following the tradition of American cars, Viper is the cheapest among its rivals bar the TVRs.

Nevertheless, like TVRs again, the Viper does not handle and ride like supercars. Yes, its firm suspension results in rock-steady cornering. Its heavy steering is race-car-quick and transmit good road feel. Its huge rubber generates massive grip. However, given a twisty road, the Viper suddenly feels too wide to be enjoyable. Its harsh ride and bump steer discourage you to push harder, unlike other good supercars. A Corvette Z06 is easier to drive faster, and more enjoyable to do so. The Viper, on the other hand, remains very much a muscle car in its blood.