Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Discussion in '1999 Renntech EV12' started by smakdown001, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

meh, maybe, but a lingenfelter TT vette can't take you, the wife, and the kids out for dinner while driving home at 160+.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Half the price you can seat half the people, and look half as good.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

They make me sick with their corvette !!

The only think in the Corvette is its engine , no luxury , raffinement , nothing else

4. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>They make me sick with their corvette !!

The only think in the Corvette is its engine , no luxury , raffinement , nothing else</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

finally someone who can think!! corvette's are overrated!!! just loke vipers!!! and the rest of that american crap!!!

european cars are king!!!!

5. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Power V12</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>

The only think in the Corvette is its engine , no luxury , raffinement , nothing else</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

finally someone who can think!! corvette's are overrated!!! just loke vipers!!! and the rest of that american crap!!!

european cars are king!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

TRUE DAT!

6. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

I don't see why any idiot would want to carry 4 people to a potential top speed of 200mph? Plus this is an american car, RennTech is situated in Florida

7. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Power V12</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>

european cars are king!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    My thoughts exactly..... Its half the price because its less than half the quality/class of any MB...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Boy some people just dont get it. Part of a true sports car is not having such heavy luxurys as comfortable seats and all that bull.
    Any who this car kicks ass. Any car that hits 60 in under 4 kicks ass and this does it with 5000 pounds of luxury. but its completely diffrent class than the vette. (that could be good or bad)<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

So you think the benz is a quality car? Well the New York Times doesn't. Here's an article that was posted:

by Scott Miller and Karen Lundegaard
    Staff Reporters of the WALL STREET JOURNAL

FRANKFURT -- Mercedes-Benz, famed for its engineering prowess, is suddenly facing tough questions about the quality of its cars, with several surveys showing that the stately German brand may now trail some decidedly down-market competition.

A surprise blow to Mercedes's quality reputation came last week when a normally secretive study of car quality in Europe was leaked to a German trade publication. The report, conducted for the auto makers themselves, showed Mercedes quality and customer satisfaction falling since 1999 to levels below Opel, the German unit of General Motors Corp. and a brand with one of the worst images in Europe. A separate German survey ranked the German-built Ford Focus compact car No. 1 in a study of durability during the first three years of a car's life. The survey, conducted by TÜV, a German auto-inspection and research association, put half a dozen Toyota models ahead of the first Mercedes model -- the SLK, which came in 12th.

Mercedes's quality rankings in the U.S. have also slipped, according to J.D. Power & Associates, an influential arbiter of automotive-quality ratings. In a fall study of vehicle dependability, the brand fell to 10th place in 2001 from sixth place the year earlier. It now ranks behind such brands as Lincoln, Cadillac and Jaguar.

Sounds bad for Benz...

10. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Sounds Bad for Them

To everyone saying america is crap, Renntech is american.

11. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Why would you want a Corvette over a Mercedes-Benz anyway? Ultimate luxury, class and power rolled into one. A corvette is in a totally different category anyway..

12. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Maybe So
    But a MERCEDES BENZ is a MERCEDES BENZ
    and the "Corvet" is Just a stupid corvet
    This car is also a sports car and also real class!

13. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

It's Corvette. If you're going to insult an icon of motorsport, at least spell the name right so you don't sound like a complete and total ignorant ass.

Oh. And "Just a stupid Corvette"? Then why exactly does a Corvette stand atop of the racing world of production cars? And for all you people saying that the Vette sucks because of the lack of interior quality: the point of the Vette is to provide true sports car performance at a fraction of the price of its competitors. This means sacrificing some interior comfort and quality of materials.

That having been said, I would still take this MB over the Vette.

I just don't like ignorant people who have no respect for automotive Legends like the Vette. When comparing cars, try to keep in mind the purpose(s) of the cars. If you want a fast sports car, take the Lingenfelter 650. If you want a fast sports saloon, take the MB.

14. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

The vette is as legendary as blows jobs that your wife gives to me.

15. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Half the price, none of the class.

16. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

The Vette is half the price because the person who made the post obviously lives in the US and he quoted the DOMESTIC price of the VETTE and the price of the BENZ after tariffs.

You'll find the BENZ in Germany (there is a renntek in germany) is half the price of the Vette, if you take the price of the other car from its non-domestic market; as the fool who created this post has done.

17. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

OMG!! The Corvette people just shut up ok !! THe article is shit what year was that 1930. I bet mercedes would kill any corvette shit. Plus look at all the technology that goes into the car. The corvette redlines at like 6000 rotations per millenium. Because of the low compression shit. Mercedes is like sheer steel and corvette is like tin foil glued together to make it look like a car. So don't start Dissing mercedes. also corvette may be legendary but mereceds made a perfect mix or performance luxury safety. Corvette is more like unrealiability, unbalanced weight ratio and such an old school design.

18. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Spoken like a true idiot. I'll bet you that the 650R can beat most Benz's in production today. You obviously don't know what you're talking about and are obviously biased towards American cars. Note that since 2002, Mercedes-Benz has been declining in luxary and performance so I suggest that you do some research before you make insults that make yourself look stupid. Lastly, if you don't have anything to back your biased opinions, I suggest you keep quiet.

19. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Mayebe, but the Chevvy has no luxuries, 2 seats and has no class. However, the The Merc has. Maybe twice the price but you are getting a proper car unlike a Corvette.

20. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

you then have a corvette instead of a mercedes meaning you failed at life.

21. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Ok corvettes are made just to be fast but mercedes-benz is made to be fast strong and have class. Im a european car fan and hate american shit but this post is going no were so im just going to say that corvetts are only made for speed and they kind of suck at it because even though there so lite and have big engines they still suck. while mercedes-benz are heavy and sometimes have even smaller engines are faster and stronger. Mercedes also started making cars eariler so they have more experiance

22. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

yeah ok, mercedes started in what, 1886? chevy was started in 1910, so there's not much difference.

the LS/1 and LS/6 engines in the vettes are qualitywise the equal of anything made anywhere. Smooth and torquey, they are just as at home in a luxury car as in the Vette. Case in point: The Corvette LS/6 is now being used in the Cad CTS-V.

And it's obvious a lot of you have never driven torquey engines. HP engines are great for the track, but on the street, in real-world driving, torque is still king. Besides, I know of no one in the US that takes their Benz OR Vette to the limit, so i suppose it doesn't really matter does it?

23. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

yes it does

24. Re: Get a Lingenfelter 650 Corvette for half the price!

Smoothe and Torquey?

OK well Torque yes but Smoothe? NO CHANCE BUDDY!

We've got your 5.7L GM V8 over here in out Australian Commodores and Monaros (a.k.a. Pontiac GTO) making 300kw max (I don't know if this is LS1 or LS6 specifications) but they are anything but smoothe - They are raspy and raw as hell at high revs.

I Love the burble of a V8 but these engines just sound ragged when pushed - and why would you own a torquey v8 if you are not going to push it?