Get rid of the supercharger and put a turbo on it!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Buick Regal GNX Concept' started by Lawodevolution, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Seriously I hope some GM people read this. Put a turbo back on it and build it, I know it would sell.

2. Re: Get rid of the supercharger and put a turbo on it!!!!

Why? I'd rather have constant power from a supercharger, rather than waiting for the turbo to spool up.

3. Re: Get rid of the supercharger and put a turbo on it!!!!

ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID??????
    THIS ISN'T A RACE CAR ITS A SEDAN!!!!

in the long run a supercharger won't need as much maintenence and won't give as many problems, it is also easier to install than a turbo! Mercedes-Benz still uses superchargers!!!!!!!!!!

4. Re: Get rid of the supercharger and put a turbo on it!!!!

as do ford and aston martin. lots of people do, it's mainly just japanese cars using turbos. not entirely, but that's where the biggest percentage lies.

if you make a high end car, you use something constant and reliable. not a turbocharger. superchargers are widely considered to be better in the racing world (no, not the japanese car street racing world, the real one).

oh yeah, and i just so happen to have one, on none other than a GM 3.8. it works quite well.

5. Re: Get rid of the supercharger and put a turbo on it!!!!

but if your into modd'ing cars, supercharger has it limit with the pullies and belts, while the turbocharger is basically limitless.

i don't think turbocharging would be different than supercharging, turbo really needs no work done to it, just get a good turbo with a good wastegate you can run almost forever, turbo doesn't even need to be touched just good oil is needed to go through it (and if you give it bad oil your giving your ENGINE BAD OIL!) while a supercharger you would have to change belts and reoil it also.

6. Re: Get rid of the supercharger and put a turbo on it!!!!

Well, a supercharger is more suited for a car that is intended to be a traditional muscle car.

7. Re: Get rid of the supercharger and put a turbo on it!!!!

turbochargers are slower to spool up but are more efficient... IE they don't incur drivetrain loses because they're not driven off the crank.

the swedes are turbo crazy too, dont' forget them.

8. Re: Get rid of the supercharger and put a turbo on it!!!!

Americans supercharge cars. We dont want a lagging turbo in it.