Get that Hp in!!!

Discussion in '2002 MINI Cooper S' started by Dougums, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Thank god that they put a supercharger in the mini. The standard 115 hp isn't enough for even a grandma, but 163hp under the hood surely won't leave you at a stop light

2. Re: Get that Hp in!!!

you seem to have lost the plot with this car along with BMW. Sure horsepower is great, but someone must realise that the original concept of the mini was to be small and fun. The cooper was naturally aspirated, there shouldn't be a supercharger in there.

3. Re: Get that Hp in!!!

Sure.... they should be supercharged to the max!!! someone should jus slap a V8 in one..... acorse.... that would be the end of that car..lol but hey....wut can i say....Mini da bomb!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Get that Hp in!!!

hey more hp means more fun isnŽt it...it should have more hp...maybe they should swamp a rotatory engine on it (more hp + less weight= unlimited fun)

5. Re: Get that Hp in!!!

I agree more horsepower, the cars dynamics will be able to handle it, but hey, it can always be modified afterwards.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Get that Hp in!!!

I think it needs more torque too!!!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Get that Hp in!!!

Supposedly, Alpina is working on a 200-hp version. This puppy should fly:

"Alpina is developing a 200 Bhp Mini Cooper S capable of outgunning the Subaru Impreza WRX. Based on the 155 Bhp supercharged Cooper S, the Alpina uses longer stroke, to stretch the standard 1.6 Litre to approx 1.8 Litre, while increased blower pressure & freer-flowing exhaust will also help boost the torque & power. BMW has access to Mini engineering drawings & an early production prototype. Insiders also claim the Cooper S 6 speed Getrag gearbox is capable of absorbing the 200 Bhp."

8. Re: Get that Hp in!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dougums</i>
    <b>Thank god that they put a supercharger in the mini. The standard 115 hp isn't enough for even a grandma, but 163hp under the hood surely won't leave you at a stop light</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    lol at least the mini has more HP than my civic

9. Re: Get that Hp in!!!

I agree that this has lost a lot of it's mini characteristics.

And one guy did put a V8 in one of the older ones. <!-- Signature -->