GM and McLaren

Discussion in '1994 McLaren F1' started by Z06nutSS405, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Is there a Gm and McLaren partnership? The 2001 Cadillac LMP car had Mclaren turbos or something from McLaren. And the old McLaren racers had Chevy V8s. Is there something going on?

2. Re:

the old McLaren Can-Am racers used to be Chevy-powered. but the Cadillac LMP has nothing to do with McLaren at all.

3. Re:

The 2001 Cadillac LMP had help from mclaren.

4. Re:

let me clarify myself. Cadillac got help from McLaren Performance Technologies, Inc. which has NOTHING to do with the McLaren F1 team or its associates.

5. #5 MT900S, Jun 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re:

like i said, Cadillac didnt get help from the McLaren Formula-1 team. they got help from the McLaren Performance Technologies, Inc. in Livonia, Michigan that was a remenant of the old McLaren Can-Am days with Bruce McLaren and David Hulme. here is their main page:

http://www.mclarenperformance.com/

today, McLaren International and McLaren Performance Technologies, Inc. are distant cousins of the same predecessor.

6. Re:

ohhhhhhhh, ok. Thanks for the info

7. Re: Re:

i saw one that was street legal and the carburater air cleaner was sticking out. is that the same as the m6gt?

8. Re: Re:

Hmmm, I think so.

9. Re: GM and McLaren

Mclaren is under Daimler Chrysler

10. Re: GM and McLaren

Only the racing program. And DCX dosnt own McLAren but they are partners

11. Re:

Wow. So many people that don't know anything. Mercedes-Benz has a "partnership" with McLaren Internaional -- Mercedes owns 40% of McLaren. Mercedes also has a partnership with Damler-Chrysler evident in the ME Four-Twelve. There is NO direct linkage between McLaren and Chrysler.

12. Re: Re:

nobody owns mclaren....but they do hav partners...