GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac Cien Concept' started by 67cameross, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

n0o

2. What is Cadillac trying to prove here? This has got to be Cadillac's stupidest decision to date. First the Cadillac Escalade: I could see this coming for Cadillac after all the SUV hype over the last few years. Then comes that half pickup luxury SUV thing that I dont even bother looking up the name for. Now this?! There once was a day when Elvis drove a nice big traditional Cadillac. Look what this company is having to produce to sell cars nowadays. I must admit it has a very impressive V12 750bhp Northstar engine under the hood, but thats about it. Out of all of the divisions in GM they had to pick Cadillac as the producer of this supercar. I mean, are you really going to see a retired couple in their 60's driving this powerhouse on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon in Florida?? I didn't think so. An impressive car...but all this proves is that Cadillac are sellouts once again.

3. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

sellouts? in can manufacturing? you are crazy. cadillac will still make its old people cars but the company is reinventing itself. i think its a great move by cadillac and gm using some of the power they have in the industry to start creating such great machines like this.

4. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

yes i said sell outs. GM is huge and why the hell would they have cadillac make a car like that. It maybe the right car for GM to be releasing but wearing a Cadillac symbol? I dont think so.

5. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

i think its a GREAT decision, why the hell not?, if Mercedes can build the SLR, GM can do what ever they damn well please, why the hell not?, MANY people will argue the same thing, i garan-damn-tee you that if Honda were to day they were going to build this car, WITH a Honda badge, you would not say a word, i say let them do what the hell they want, and BTW, there IS a thing called marketing, and GM is one of the best in the business, they KNOW what they are doing, and you nor anyone else does(btw, i dont understand WTF you are calling them sellouts for, doesnt make one bit of sense) so dont *****<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

Cadillac is selling out it's classic tradition of big american cruisers. I think this is a mistake.

7. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

i dont see what this shits all about. its just a concept and somehow, i doubt its gonna go into production. if it does, ill be happy though. still, caddy will always make luxury cruisers. now theyre just makin a luxury supercar as well. kudos<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

I think this is good for Caddy, but I see where you guys are coming from. Caddy needs to re-introduce the convertible before they make a high end sports car.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

Cadillac is trying to reinvent itself (and doing a great job, might I say) because manufacturers like BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Lexus have outshined Cadillac in every aspect. Cadillac is trying to put its name up as the best, World class luxury division, like it had been years ago.

To do that, they have to appeal to more consumers, not just 60 year old couples living in Florida. Cadillac's new lineup feautures cars that are a lot better than their predecessors in every way.

I don't get why you don't like the idea of Cadillac putting out an exotic car like the Cien. Chances are, this will never meet production, but if it did, Cadillac would be putting out one of the best exotic sports cars in the world.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: retards

yoh i agree... this car is off the hook... cadillac is still making the same old devilles n shit... but now they come out with something more sporty.. it is targeted towards a sporty group.. and all you people saying why is cadillac making a sports car and not another company such as chev... well its because you have the CADDY name.. c`mon now lets get honest.. would u rather drive a chev or a lack.

11. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

i dont know what you were smokin whe you posted this, but you must not have been thinking right or something. first of all this car will more than likely not go into production, granted i would like to see it produced, but the engine is for sure going to be produced; and if i remember correctly they are going to put it into an SUV. i also think that this car looks perferct with the cadillac stylings and symbol(and this car does have very distinct cadillac stylings that GM could not put on one of their other brands). i think that this is an amazing car and i hope it does well on the market. and the escalde is also very stylish and one of cadillac's best ideas. and just becase it is a cadillac that doesnt mean that only an old person can drive it you FUCKING MORON!!!

12. Re: GM (Cadillac): SELLOUTS !!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FerrariF40NissanR390</i>
    <b>What is Cadillac trying to prove here? This has got to be Cadillac's stupidest decision to date. First the Cadillac Escalade: I could see this coming for Cadillac after all the SUV hype over the last few years. Then comes that half pickup luxury SUV thing that I dont even bother looking up the name for. Now this?! There once was a day when Elvis drove a nice big traditional Cadillac. Look what this company is having to produce to sell cars nowadays. I must admit it has a very impressive V12 750bhp Northstar engine under the hood, but thats about it. Out of all of the divisions in GM they had to pick Cadillac as the producer of this supercar. I mean, are you really going to see a retired couple in their 60's driving this powerhouse on a nice sunny Sunday afternoon in Florida?? I didn't think so. An impressive car...but all this proves is that Cadillac are sellouts once again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    GM is a sellout, but a sorry company like VW can make a supercar and thats OK? What about mercedes supercars? I suppose they aren't sellouts though because they are europeans, not americans.<!-- Signature -->