GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Bonneville G/XP' started by 2002wrx, Aug 10, 2002.

1. a gew years ago GM was coming out with the coolest ideas since sliced bread. . . the GTO concept at the 1999 (i think it was 99) NAIAS was gorgeous. . (a little small though) and the all wheel drive supercharged grand prix they showed off at sema a few years ago was just awe-inspiring. . . the Cadilac concepts have still been great, and the recently released (woodward dream cruise) retro vette was definitly a smart move for a 50th aniversary edition (lets hope it goes through) but besides that all i have seen is truck/suv varients and terribly pitiful attempts at import sports sedans. . . that butt-ugly lime green malibu, the disgusting red/yellow saturn, the many many varients on the cavalier/sunfire, and the constant atempts with the grand am. . . but. . all those were shadowed by that horrible blunder known as the "Vibe GT-R" (sema 2001) i lost almost all faith in GM's leadership. . . if they would have thought about it for just a minute or two they would have realised the GT-R baddge is soemthing very important to many import fans. . . its what the corvette, the GTO, the Camaro, grand national or an old riviera means to a GM fan. . .and GM decides to taint it by putting it on one of thier economy cars?!! not just any economy car either!! a vibe!! a crossover vehicle with no classification in the market!! it just tortures me. . . *sigh* . . well. . heres a tribute to the good old days . . . when GM was smart. . . man . . . if i could just talk to lutz for ten minutes. . .i would give anything in the world for ten minutes to give him a piece of my mind. . . <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

hmm. . i just realised i wnet off on a tangent and never put my thaughts on this car. . . o,O well. . i think it looks good. . .but. . . what are they trying to do with it? it has no position in the market! sports luxury sedans should be understated and refined. . . and this is the loudest car entirely covered in black i have ever seen. . . import cars can be loud. . but this thing is too understated, and big to be an import fighter. . . and. . well. .its just too abnormal to be the next normal bonneville. . . and it looks like a grand prix too!! >,<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

hmm. . i just realised i wnet off on a tangent and never put my thaughts on this car. . . o,O well. . i think it looks good. . .but. . . what are they trying to do with it? it has no position in the market! sports luxury sedans should be understated and refined. . . and this is the loudest car entirely covered in black i have ever seen. . . import cars can be loud. . but this thing is too understated, and big to be an import fighter. . . and. . well. .its just too abnormal to be the next normal bonneville. . . and it looks like a grand prix too!! >,<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

I think your talking about the G8 concept. That thing rules...

I think you have a good point for now, the vibe can suck it... Just wait and see the new firebird/camaro, 50th anniv. vette, and the c6. I doubt you'll still have the same opinion...<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

This car sucks! Pontiacs only good car is the Matrix ripoff.

6. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PenneyWise</i>
    <b>This car sucks! Pontiacs only good car is the Matrix ripoff.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->id rather have the vibe than the matrix. Y did Toyota use the word Matrix? Obviously they thought the movie name would help increase there sales.

Also I'd rather have a Vibe because everyone else is going to buy the Matrix.

The Vibe will be the best built Pontiac on the Road.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

GM dissapointed me totally with the Aztek and Saturn. Saturn sucks. And I think everyone agrees. The only really good car by GM is the Corvette. I saw once a new Pontiac concept and it was awesome. Why didn't they build it? GM always decides to build lame cars.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

I've seen a lot better coming out of GM lately. From engines like the new PFI's and high feature OHV and DOHC, to cars like the SSR, Grand Prix G-Force, the next Sunfire, and the new Cadillac lineup. Its only going to get better from here.

Hopefully, GM will bring the Camaro and Firebird (or the GTO) back, but in the meantime, it looks almost definate that GM will be importing the Holden Monaro, so that should hold until things heat up.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from AmericanMuscle0291</i>
    <b>I've seen a lot better coming out of GM lately. From engines like the new PFI's and high feature OHV and DOHC, to cars like the SSR, Grand Prix G-Force, the next Sunfire, and the new Cadillac lineup. Its only going to get better from here.

Hopefully, GM will bring the Camaro and Firebird (or the GTO) back, but in the meantime, it looks almost definate that GM will be importing the Holden Monaro, so that should hold until things heat up.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Yo I feel yah man. I'm a GM fan but a big Cadillac fan. I am still hoping they build that G8 Grand Prix! I would buy that over most production cars I like right now. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

GM hasn't really disappointed me.
    I think they are doing quite a good job in the technology division to try and catch up with the rest of the world. And example would be that new Vortec I6 =) Sweet engine. SO quiet they needed to put a re-ignition limiter. People kept on trying to turn the truck on when it was already on =P

I have to admit the Sunfire keeps on getting uglier..Ewwwwww!!

As for the Vibe..well it isn't really a GM car...and the Vibe isn't really Toyota. The platform and engines are Toyota...so I guess it's more Toyota after all..and I think this will be one of the longest lasting GM cars on da road. It's A toyota after all =P

But everything else by GM lately is coolz. Like I said..the I6 engine...the Avalanche...the new Quadrasteer. The Solstice. The CTS..the new Deville...the new Cien concept..and many many more =)

Also, there are many new cars that are supposed to be introduced in 2005 =) so we all gotta sit tight and wait =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

the solstice is awesome, but the only way they would build it is front wheel drive. that takes half the fun out of it right here. . .

and there is no question gm is doing fine with trucks and suvs. . . but who would buy a truck or suv if they really appreciate driving? gm needs some rwd platforms, they need some manual transmissions for pontiac (grand am gt can't have one, grand prix can't have one) and they also need. . .a good swift kick to the ass.

oh, and the vibe's better engine isn't even toyota. . .its suzuki's or something like that. . isuzu's maybe? one of those. . <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

isuzu is a devision of gm

13. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

I love pontiac. And i love my trans am.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

Ummm...I dun think the Vibes other engine is by Suzuki..I'm sure it's the Toyota 1.8L because the performance figures are identical =)
    180hp.
    Ripped right out of the Celica GTS =P

As for all those other companies..I'm waiting for GM to start implementing some Subaru tech into their other products. GM owns Subey you know =)

Solistice is quite coolz All they have to do is slam the engine in the back...and make it RWD...and you'll get a GM Elise with worse handling. The coupe is butt ugly..but the cabrio is very sexy =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

no no. . they need like 5% more of the company to own it. . . they did that on purpose b/c subaru just isn't up to the quality and quantity standards gm wants to be known for. . . <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

I agree that GM has been disappointing. The C5 vette (especially Z06) is a success and The Cadillac CTS should be nice though. But why would anyone want a CTS when the Infiniti G35 fills the same niche and has 40 more horses? Well anyhoo..and off the point... I am impressed by the Subaru WRX performance and reliablility, but Subaru dropped the ball on the styling. The WRX styling in the 2000's version of the AMC Pacer.

17. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

The CTS is a good looking car with a great drivetrain and enough power to get the car started in its first few years.

However, in a few years (even possibly 2003) the CTS will get a turbocharged V6 putting out almost 325hp. <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

Yes the G8 definately needs to be made. AWD, 350 hp LS1 n/a, high 13 1/4. That would be a good competitor for the WRX.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

yes they have. I totally agree with 2002wrx. Killing the camaro and the firebird almost made me cry. Plus my uncle lost his job at the plant where they make them. Are they coming back? the G8 is cool same with the corvette tiger shark prototype a vette with 742 HP!!!! but the shit veichles like the F***** up econoboxes that they are relesing are bringing me down. I do like the sunfire GT and the Z24, But the lesser versions of the cavilier and sunfire are hideious. I hate this bonville. 30 HP out of a supercharger! thats ridiculous my 97 camaro ss's Eaton twin root gives it 200 more!

20. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

Hm..
    Actually. The G8 would be bad vs the WRX..especially when the WRX STi comes. The G8 was not designed to do what the WRX and STi are meant to do. Plus..the G8 would cost a hell of alot more too =)
    It'll be in like Skyline range =)

Ok..as for the supercharger...this is strapped to a 3.8L V6..not a 5.7L V8!!
    Not to mention that the V6 is not particularly meant to be racing engine.

DA PUN

<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

It's the same engine as the GN, and can handle around 425 horsepower. Don't let the 270horsepower (which isn't that low actually) fool you, it's got a lot of torque, and that's all that matters IMO.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

the thing is, they didn't add a supercharger. they already had one, but they pulled thirty horses more out of it. and the grand national ran a turbocharger (usually much more psi) and an intercooler, so i dont think that this engine could make grand national hp without the turbo/intercooler. . . but. . . that brings an idea into my mind. . .you gotta wonder why the heck they are working with this thing when they could be showing off a suped-up regal with the turbocharged in-line five, or maybe the twin turbo in-line six they put in a few test trail blazers. . . <!-- Signature -->

23. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

Hmmmm..
    well Honestly. This engine stock can do some pretty damned amazing thing. I can support bout 325Hp-350Hp if I remember correctly with stock parts...restrictions to engine power and revs removed or modified..and some good tuning =)

As for the the superchargers. Well this the wat GM decided to get some more HPs without changing rev restrictions. This way it is actually cheaper to sell the car due to protocols and contracts. It is still a luxo sedan....not a performance luxo sedan. If it ran the Turbos and no rev restrictions to like around 7500RPM redline..this engine would kick the shit outta everything else..and do if runnung smoothely and quietly =P

Hmmmm...a 4.2L twinturbo I6 in a Regal? I dun think you can fit that engine in there. Plus..who needs the turbos. That engine is so restricted. Let it run freely with only emissions restrictions and that engine would kick ass!! =)
    It's one of the few DOHC engines that GM ever made and used.
    But making it a Twin Turbo...wow!!
    I know the RB engines from the R34 can push out some pretty crazy power stock and it's a 2.6L I6....
    do it to a 4.2L I6..whoa. =P

DA PUN
    <!-- Signature -->

24. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

25. Re: GM has disapointed me lately. . . who agrees?

yeah i know the i6 would be an extreemely tough fit, but i think the i5 would be a possibility. and. . .they couldn't do it on the regal. . . regal is ff and auto only.. . . they would need to put it on the sigma/cts platform. i wasn't thinking much when i posted :p lol<!-- Signature -->