GM is NOT killing F-bodies

Discussion in '2001 Pontiac Firebird Raptor Concept' started by 70SuperBee, Aug 10, 2002.

1. They will release the next generation within 3 years. They need extra time to perfect the new f-bodies.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: GM is NOT killing F-bodies

That's just a rumor, nothing is set in stone.

3. Re: GM is NOT killing F-bodies

i pray that they do come back with the f bodies

4. Re: GM is NOT killing F-bodies

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94FORMULA</i>
    <b>They will release the next generation within 3 years. They need extra time to perfect the new f-bodies.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I bet that is true.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: GM is NOT killing F-bodies

my guess is that the next production year for the firebird and camaro will be '08. and they will probly have some kind of "back from the dead" special editon. either that or a 40th anni. edition. oh and a quick unrelatied question, if there was a 30th anni. firebird in 99 how come there is a 35th for 02? unless there is somthing i dont know, i would think GM lost count.

6. Re: GM is NOT killing F-bodies

The 2002 Trans Am isn't called the 35th Anniversary it is the Collector Edition. If you look at one you see Collectors Edition badging, not 35th Anniversary. The 35th Anniversary is the Camaro.

7. Re: GM is NOT killing F-bodies

nothings for sure, the project on bringing back the f-bodies isnt even official yet, just a small team of designers with vague ideas on how it should be when and if it comes out. Rumors were for the year 2004-2006, but i find that doubtful. with the pontiac solstice and the chevy ssr, gm already feels they dont need more cars. but in my opinion, gm cant go on without the camaro and the firebird. its like porsche losing the 911.

8. Re: GM is NOT killing F-bodies

Yeah, the Firebird came out two years after the Camaro.

9. Re: GM is NOT killing F-bodies

I hope you are right.

10. Re: GM is NOT killing F-bodies

me too