GM needs to build on its reputation before they release a car li

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac Cien Concept' started by FerrariF40NissanR390, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: GM needs to build on its reputation before they release a ca

thank you Gster for telling these people that american cars dont rule all.

2. For anyone to take the Cadillac Cien Concept seriously, they need to firstly gain some 'respect' as some of you juvenile delinquents would put it. I'm not so sure how many of you narrow minded americans put it, but the world isn't just "America" - try visiting it for a change. Also id like to point out that GM are not the "best auto brand in the world". Most of GMs cars are not even marketed to some parts of the world. ie. ireland, Sweeden, Germany(in small numbers),United Kingdom etc. The list goes on.Like i said before and i shall say again, the car looks great, the engine sounds great but if they eventually decide to put this car into any type of production, beware the Cien may not be as good as you think. To quote my friend from the message board before, just remember Cadillac did bring out the 'Oldsmobile'. Named most probably for its clientelle.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: GM needs to build on its reputation before they release a ca

One may also want to think over the idea that even though GM is not openly sold in many countries it is and influence in them. More then one of the high end car manufactures use GM engines and body designs.

4. Re: GM needs to build on its reputation before they release a ca

Maybe you should look at the figures, GMC is close to ford. I predict within the next 7 years GMC will be the number one automobile manufacture in the world, not from making supercars, but rather selling Pontiac Sunfires, and Chev Cav's. The two most common girlie car out there. You cant go 5 seconds without seeing one or the other.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: GM needs to build on its reputation before they release a ca

The Company is General Motors, not GMC. Just wanted to clarify that. They may not sell to all parts of the world, but they raked in 318 billion dollars last year alone. That makes them the largest and most successful automobile manufacturer around. Especially considering the prices the put on their best selling cars are usually very low (Cavi's and Sunfires)when you consider other companies. And with lower selling prices, and still making the most money, that means they sold more cars then anybody else. I think they have a reputation thats plenty ready to take on the Cien. It's going to be a new game, that's for sure.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: GM needs to build on its reputation before they release a ca

what is your point?, GM already is the largest automobile corporation in the world, they must be doing something right, meaning they dont need to build on their damned reputation, they already have it, its there, you just dont see it<!-- Signature -->