Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

Discussion in '1934 MG P-Type Midget' started by Josh427, Aug 10, 2002.

1. It is surely a good looking car, but I would have expected more than 160 bhp :(<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

I don't know! I laugh about the Speed! 220kph??? That is nothing!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Josh427</i>
    <b>It is surely a good looking car, but I would have expected more than 160 bhp :(</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Thats what i said to your mommy except she was bad looking and i gave her some speed. Dont even talk aobut the speed cuz you drive an oldsmobile.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

I dont know what your talking about. Not fast enough? Its not exactly supposed to be a racer or anything... its not like you get the chance to hit 220 anyway.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

The MG is a classic roadster, not a hot rod. Its worthy of being here for its lengthy heritage and classic style. This car has historically had lightweight, a compact 4 cylinder, and crisp handling. They stayed true to that with this model, check out the suspension. Oh yeah, for the speedfreaks, cars are occassionally driven BELOW 100mph.

6. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

It uses the engine very very similar to the Lotus Elise so u should know it's not aimed @ massive high speeds........0-60mph in 6.9secs.....that's not bad considering it's a rival of the MR2, MX5, Peugeot 206cc <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

I wonder why this car is presented as a "supercar".Indeed a Clio RS as much power (172hp), is lighter (1050kgs) and has a better wheelbase...for a lower cost !!
    And the new TDI engines just burn that poor MG...This car is a beautifull car , but for sure not a supercar

8. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

i disagree, i think it deserves to be a supercar. it is much faster than several other cars on this site, and MG's are legends for sports cars<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

your comparing this to a clio! Show this and the clio a track or corner and it would literally leave it standing.

Does anyone in America understand what MG's are meant to be, their are no race cars but proper good old sports cars, their are not built for speed. However as I mentioned in another post their is alot of tuning options for them, including a supercharger conversion, which makes it faster than a 911.

10. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

wat the #$%# does that have to do with the car

11. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

the TF 160 will hand the backside to many a car with much more power around a track.

power is nothing without control. This has plenty of control.

12. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

In the competition between MG TF, Toyota MR2, Mazda MX5 and Peugeot 206CC. I would choose the MG. It got the looks and almost enough power. I'm a friend of track driving so I think it would need just SOME more speed and power.