Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

Discussion in '1934 MG P-Type Midget' started by Josh427, Aug 9, 2002.

1. It is surely a good looking car, but I would have expected more than 160 bhp :(<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

I don't know! I laugh about the Speed! 220kph??? That is nothing!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Josh427</i>
    <b>It is surely a good looking car, but I would have expected more than 160 bhp :(</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Thats what i said to your mommy except she was bad looking and i gave her some speed. Dont even talk aobut the speed cuz you drive an oldsmobile.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

I dont know what your talking about. Not fast enough? Its not exactly supposed to be a racer or anything... its not like you get the chance to hit 220 anyway.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

The MG is a classic roadster, not a hot rod. Its worthy of being here for its lengthy heritage and classic style. This car has historically had lightweight, a compact 4 cylinder, and crisp handling. They stayed true to that with this model, check out the suspension. Oh yeah, for the speedfreaks, cars are occassionally driven BELOW 100mph.

6. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

It uses the engine very very similar to the Lotus Elise so u should know it's not aimed @ massive high speeds........0-60mph in 6.9secs.....that's not bad considering it's a rival of the MR2, MX5, Peugeot 206cc <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

I wonder why this car is presented as a "supercar".Indeed a Clio RS as much power (172hp), is lighter (1050kgs) and has a better wheelbase...for a lower cost !!
    And the new TDI engines just burn that poor MG...This car is a beautifull car , but for sure not a supercar

8. Re: Good Looking , but Where is the Speed?

i disagree, i think it deserves to be a supercar. it is much faster than several other cars on this site, and MG's are legends for sports cars<!-- Signature -->