Good to see this forum again.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Erudite, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Hi everyone, I used to visit this forum occasionally and then stopped. Good to see some old members are still here (Veyronman and sixspeed for example).

Looks like the place is a survivor. I'm here to stay :)

ETB4U likes this.
  2. Howdi, and welcome back! Unfortunately there are probably fewer than 20 active posters these days. Still some good people hanging around though.

ETB4U likes this.
  3. Speak for yourself.....
    Leave while you still can.

ETB4U likes this.
  4. We talk about adult stuff now, like politics and babies. You've been warned.

ETB4U likes this.
  5. Don't forget penis. Lots of penis talk.

6. Hey, welcome back!

Whilst Sixspeed is right in that there's only a couple dozen of us left, we're still pretty active. As usual General Chat is the hip place to be.

7. Haha, I've grown up a little as well now. Penis talk is grown up talk anyway.

8. Still good to see some members hanging around. Cheers

9. [​IMG]

Veyronman and ETB4U like this.
  10. also me

ETB4U likes this.
  11. Haha, yup.

12. What happened to this once great forum?

I used to frequent here as a teenager in the early 2000s. Have we all grown up and moved on?

I know that I grew up and moved on, but I thought there'd be a new generation of kids flooding this site.

It's surprising to see such inactivity - I thought this place would remain rocking forever.

Perhaps modern social media like Facebook and Twitter has been the thorn in the side of the traditional forum model?

It may just be rosy retrospection, but seeing some old names has brought memories flooding back.

I can't guarantee to hang around all that often, either. However, I'll try to pop in from time to time.

13. That's exactly why. That, and most kids couldn't give a shit about cars like we did when we were kids.

14. I find both mediums to be rubbish for any meaningful discussion.

I avoid Twitter like the plague, and Facebook I only find useful for keeping in touch with friends and family.

The layout of Facebook leaves a lot to be desired in terms of promoting cohesive and well-flowing dialogue.

Equally, websites like reddit, which seem to be perplexingly popular, remain terribly laid out and challenging to follow.

Supercars.net, just like a number of local Aussie forums I frequent, are just so much more user friendly.

15. This.

On Facebook you're just arguing with random strangers who you never see again. At least with forum environment like this you get to know people and their personalities over the years. There's a greater sense of community on sites like this in my opinion.

I'd love to see this site become the bustling place it once was, with all the drama and everything, but to be honest it's seeming more and more unlikely that this is possible these days. There are still a few big car forums like Pistonheads and the like, but the big social media sites seem to be more of a draw these days.

EDIT: stick around! There's like, a dozen of us left these days, mostly in General Chat. It would be good to see some familiar faces popping back up now and again :)

16. Because most users don't actually give a shit about dialogue. It's so they can shit post/humble brag/leg hump/find out what trend they should follow/show they're part of the trend.
    A large portion of those people live vicariously through other people's social media lives and ignore living their own for the sake of social media. Many times I'd be at a warehouse party/club/concert and people are just typing away on social media instead of actually enjoying the venue. Even worse, they'll be on it while driving because FB/Twitter is life.

Veyronman likes this.
  17. I've seen people (well, girls) spend an entire evening out taking selfies.

18. FB_IMG_1509529375923.jpg

ETB4U and IdoL like this.
  19. Not to ruin the joke, but I'm OK with people taking more pictures. It is, after all, 2017. Just no idea how it became an actual replacement for fun and conversation.

20. I just photobomb as many as possible

21. It's funny, I find the idiots on Facebook have no shame putting their own name to the crap they post. It's unbelievable how stupid and ignorant people can be.

Conversely, those whom post with complete anonymity, on a forum with a username completely detached from their identity, have engaged in some of the best discussions I've ever been apart of.

I might check out the General Chat section and get amongst the discussion. :cool:

Veyronman and ETB4U like this.
  22. Veyronman likes this.
  23. One could only be so lucky as to have a VeryoneBloke cameo.