Gran Turismo 3

Discussion in '2001 Panoz LMP 07' started by hondapwrd, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

Awesome looking.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

I love Panoz.Innovators.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

looks so much like a bat mobile, i have some performance numbers
    0-60=2.3s
    0-100=4.4s
    0-1/4mi=9.3s @ 148 mph
    hp=600
    torque=500
    lat. accel.=1.52g
    2305lbs
    60-0=108ft
    80-0=161ft
    top speed=181 mph
    4.2mpg
    weight dist.=46/54
    (road&track)

4. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

kewl a new panoz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Panoz will rule this years LeMans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

yeah what the hell they can have GT-1 cars and That stupid skyline on there but why can't this be on there.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

Sorry to rain on your parade, but a front engine car can't bring home the trophy at LeMans. Right now it's a toss-up between Audi, Riley & Scott (which sadly they have no picture of here) and Caddy right now. Panoz brought this car to LeMans two years ago, and it flat out got smoked. It also takes forever to make repairs on it, compared to Audi.

7. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

yeh, but the thing is, the Panoz sounds a MILLION times better than the rather pathetic sounding Audi

which 1 makes the ground shake for a mile radius?....the PANOZ, thats all that matters!!!

8. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Flame Thrower</i>
    <b>Sorry to rain on your parade, but a front engine car can't bring home the trophy at LeMans.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Care to elaborate, and back that up? or are you basing that statement solely on the time to repair issue?

9. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

It is so cool that Caddy, Riley and Scott, Chrysler, and Panoz all are sending competive entrants to Le Mans. It would be great to see any of them win. Riley and Scott are really the under dogs, but posted some blitering times at the prelims. Panoz has been the only car to win agianst the audis in the ALMS.

10. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

If it rains at Le Mans this year like it did last year the Panoz will definitely have a strong shot at beating the Audis since Brabham, Magnussen, and Herta are all amazing rain drivers and the Audis are notoriously bad when it is wet...Remember Donington Park in 2000? All the audis, yes even Allan McNish, spun like tops all day long, but the Panoz just cruised to an easy victory. But even if it doesn't rain Panoz will be very strong competition for Audi, as will Bentley and ORECA. Oh, FLAMETHROWER, the Panoz LMP-1 Evo is a HEAVILY reworked version of the car that raced Le Mans in 2000. The basic chassis structure may be similar, but the suspension geometry, aerodynamics, and transmission are all very different from the old car. Even the engine has been retooled. The differences can be clearly seen from this year's Sebring and Sonoma races; the LMP-01 that Gunnar Racing was compaigning at sebring is the same chassis that panoz used as their third car in California and both times the car was significantly slower than the full factory versions (Gunnar Jeannette is a very fast driver, but he couldn't coax enough speed out of the thing, neither could Donohue or Jackson). I think you'll be surprised how well a front-engined car can do at Le Mans...especially, as i said before, if it rains. The Panoz has inherently better weight distribution than it's competition, therein lies it's advantage. Plus it has two of the best sportscar racers in the world in David Brabham and Jan Magnussen. So don't hedge your bet against them yet. Oh, EliseS2, there is no Chrysler entry at Le Mans this year. They withdrew their backing of the ORECA team, who are now competing with the same Dallara LMP chassis, but now with a Judd engine.

11. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

The Panoz cars are more and more disappointing.

They can't do it now , can play for the podium.

12. Re: The New Panoz LMP1 2002

Panoz has a much smaller finacial backing compaired to the like of audi, bently, cadillac and the other factory teams. Also since panoz is new to the race seen, they dont have the experiance that teams such as audi (who is owned buy the same company that owns porsche, so mabe thats why they keep winning) have. For a front engine car, with less money and less expience they are doing really well, considering their one of the few teams that can actually beat audi.<!-- Signature -->

13. Most people have only heard of this car eversince GT3 was released, unless someone accidentaly found this car and called it nice. This is a pretty sweet car. Looks like a LeMans cadillac.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: The Viper is Under Powered!

thats true for most, but the true race car fanatics would have seen it in many races.

i just love the lmp class, just great cars, and this is one of them.

15. Re: Gran Turismo 3

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94FORMULA</i>
    <b>Most people have only heard of this car eversince GT3 was released, unless someone accidentaly found this car and called it nice. This is a pretty sweet car. Looks like a LeMans cadillac.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    The Panoz LMP-07 wasnt in Gran Turismo 3. The Panoz that was in Gran Turismo three was the Panoz Esperante GTR-1. That was a closed top car. It sort of looks like the LMP-1 with a roof.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Gran Turismo 3

How does it look like a cadillac. I see no resemblace, but maybe you do.

17. Re: Gran Turismo 3

LMP's are sweet, too bad this car almost always loses to the AUDI R8, which is pretty freaking sweet, too. No comparison's please. I hate that. You can't refer to another car without causing this big, stupid outbreak of this car is better than this one and that car is better and all that other crap. I love endurance racing and these cars. All the cars in this class are awesome.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Gran Turismo 3

I recognise your closed top version avs fan. I seem to remember that back in the GT1 days. was it on the track then?

Bring back GT1 racing. Please?<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Gran Turismo 3

But Panoz has been the only car/team to beat Audi.

20. Re: Gran Turismo 3

Good point.
    I like them both, too bad I can't have one.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Gran Turismo 3

looks so much like a bat mobile, i have some performance numbers
    0-60=2.3s
    0-100=4.4s
    0-1/4mi=9.3s @ 148 mph
    hp=600
    torque=500
    lat. accel.=1.52g
    2305lbs
    60-0=108ft
    80-0=161ft
    top speed=181 mph
    4.2mpg
    weight dist.=46/54
    (road&track)

22. Re: Gran Turismo 3

the panoz cars are pretty sweet. i like the Esperante in GT3 around 6000 Kilmoteres driven with this nice car

23. Re: Gran Turismo 3

hmm hope the LMP 07 will be in GT4 ... GT4 will come 4 the PS3 i heared . i hope so!

24. That is weird!

Man, that is one WEIRD LMP! Just look how long it is! And it looks like it was pinched in the middle.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: That is weird!

So far the only front engine LMP car in the world....<!-- Signature -->