great car

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by El Jefe, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: great car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TASwim05</i>
    <b>I have to agree wit you guys here, most of those other cars are a lot better: the viper stryker is going to kill the sledgehammer completely, in everything, and the Dauer is an amazing car, and the actual racing edition of it would smoke the chev, in looks, acceleration, top speed, and handling, it's got it creamed in every category....all that and it's not even tuned. the Veyron will prolly not beat it in straightaway, although I would much rather have the Bugatti becuz of the looks, handling, and acceleration. If some of you people here havent noticed, this chev is geared only for top speed, the veyron would beat the shit out of it if it was also geared for top speed. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds...hmmm, that's not that good</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Viper: when it actually does it, i'll admit it. Until then, it's just talk.

Dauer: the actual racing edition would smoke the street Dauer, too. And the top speed of the racing version was not as high as the top speed of the Sledgehammer, by speed trap at Mulsanne, where it really counts. I'll admit, if I get to design the course, the Sledgehammer wins, if you get to design the course, either version of the Dauer wins.

This chevy was not geared for top speed, it was geared for good fuel economy at cruise, which coincidently happened to be a good gear for top speed. Is it a bad car because Reeves Callaway noticed this and took advantage of it? I think not.

2. Re: great car

LOL this car was raced with shaved street tires (heat buildup at 250+), it was traction limited... you really think it oculd only go 3.9 0-60 with 880 horsepower??? comon...

3. Re: great car

lets think here for a minute guys...name a car in 1988 that can top that! thats right u can't so quit with all the vipers and stuff

4. Re: great car

Why are you all comparing an 88 vette with cars that are 10+ years newer,I think for the year it is its a great car.

5. Re: great car

It's not a production car anyway.

6. Fast car!!!!!!
    vette is the best
    it's a shame it didn't go in production

7. Re: great car

Well, one is enough. I mean think about it if someone you know had the exact same car? Nobody would care. That's why you want to make a car that nobody else has.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: great car

good point

its more a collector's item than a car<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: great car

if oyu think this car is good jsut wait till the king comes out. when the viper stryker is fully complete it will destroy the sledghammer. nothing will stop that car. on 30% boost it went 247 so just imagine.

-ViPeR

10. Re: great car

the Veyron, the Dauer or the Wx3 can probably beat it on a straightaway<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: great car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FAREL 40</i>
    <b>the Veyron, the Dauer or the Wx3 can probably beat it on a straightaway</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Can't speak for the other two, but the full race version of the Dauer never went that fast, and it had plenty of straight at Mulsanne to do it.

12. Re: great car

how long dose it take to reach 254mph???

13. Re: great car

the 962 could whoop this car. It is only 4 mph hour faster and the dauer is 1.3 secs faster in accel, and that coming from a 2.9 ltr car with street tires, not slicks
    <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: great car

I have to agree wit you guys here, most of those other cars are a lot better: the viper stryker is going to kill the sledgehammer completely, in everything, and the Dauer is an amazing car, and the actual racing edition of it would smoke the chev, in looks, acceleration, top speed, and handling, it's got it creamed in every category....all that and it's not even tuned. the Veyron will prolly not beat it in straightaway, although I would much rather have the Bugatti becuz of the looks, handling, and acceleration. If some of you people here havent noticed, this chev is geared only for top speed, the veyron would beat the shit out of it if it was also geared for top speed. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds...hmmm, that's not that good<!-- Signature -->