Great Power, but..........

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by Buko, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #1 Buko, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Great Power, but..........

Here are the pics of the Lingenfelter body kit that are @ www.lingenfelter.com

<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Great Power, but..........

I love the looks of the c5, but maybe some better aero on it, such as a lower nose and lower side skirts, all of this done very smoothly so not to make it look that different.

3. Re: Great Power, but..........

Hasn't it got a smoother nose?

4. Re: Great Power, but..........

Lingenfleter does have a body kit but u have to buy it seperate. Have u guys heard ne thing bout the 427 Z06 that he made??

5. Re: Great Power, but..........

the 427 z06 is siiiccckkk. The tires rip all the way through 2nd gear. 0-60 in 3.4 sec. Fastest 0-60 was achieved by Skipping 2nd gear.

6. Re: Great Power, but..........

That is what makes it a great package, some viper owner would pull up thinkin he's gonna race a normal C5, well, wait till that light turns green!

7. Re: Great Power, but..........

I think this car is Great for about 110,000 USD cause you pay almost twice for a 800TT Viper and the vette will keep up considerable i aint saying that it would beat it but this is a GREAT CAR FOR THE PRICE I Love all vette's since i bout a 71 L88

Corvette, The Only sports car that matters

8. Re: Great Power, but..........

Was the Body Kit in Car and Driver of Motor Trend. or Was it Road & Track. f*(k man. I know I saw it in one of those.

It was a Silver one Right? From first to Third skipping 2nd totally!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Great Power, but..........

this car in car and driver was yellow.....and this pic that this site shows is not even the lingenfilter 650 vette...thats a normal c5...the lingenfelter comes with different ground effects..rims...etc.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Great Power, but..........

I think its good that the 650 looks like a stock vette. Just imagine being on the street and viper GTS pulls up next to you. He laughs because he knows his GTS Will beat your Stock Vette. When the light turns green he's left sitting there in the smoke from your tires. The element of surprise can be a great thing.

11. Re: Great Power, but..........

isn't that the point? so those pimped rice burners pull up an want a piece? =) i'm lovin the stock look myself...

12. #12 FeLiX93, Aug 9, 2002

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Buko</i>
    <b>Here are the pics of the Lingenfelter body kit that are @ www.lingenfelter.com

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey, whats the retail on those body peices? <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Great Power, but..........

the price on the body kit is $25,350, this includes a 3 step paint jon of the buyers color choice as well as a high quality clear coat.

hope that answers your question<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Great Power, but..........

I hate people (anybody domestica and import) who feel they must plaster their car with stickers to show their car is fast. I believe the point of throwing a sh*t load of mods in a car is to see the face of the poor ignorant loser who just got smoked by a "stock" car!!!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Great Power, but..........

Some people mod their cars for a good reason, most of us call it money others call it clams or some such thing.You might stop and consider the fact that all rave cars are stock mods. As for all thoughs stickers, they are called Sponcers.

Buko out<!-- Signature -->

16. #16 Buko, Aug 9, 2002

I found another nbody kit for the C5. It's called a Cavallo GT, I don't know the retail price so don't ask.

Check out the info @
    http://www.downsmfg.com/corvette.htm

take it easy,
    Buko out

17. Re: Great Power, but..........

Yeah thanks for the pics very nice.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Great Power, but..........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>cool!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I agree 100%.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Great Power, but..........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06</i>
    <b>That is what makes it a great package, some viper owner would pull up thinkin he's gonna race a normal C5, well, wait till that light turns green!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    exactly<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Great Power, but..........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bugatti</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Z06</i>
    <b>That is what makes it a great package, some viper owner would pull up thinkin he's gonna race a normal C5, well, wait till that light turns green!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    exactly</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->How true.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Great Power, but..........

one of my favorite vettes with a 427 ci under the hood and a topspeed of 363 kph, you kill and destroy lambos, ferraris and jap crap as well as on the road and on the track.

22. Re: Great Power, but..........

I thought it was the TT Stage 1 of the July 2001 issue of Car AND Driver tested said that the turbos spooled up so much in 1st that in 2nd it spun the tires so they skipped it and went to 3rd.

23. Re: Great Power, but..........

maybe but this is a great car!

24. Re: Great Power, but..........

"the price on the body kit is $25,350"
    bugger i'd want a full overhaul and a special carbon fiber kit for that much!

25. Re: Great Power, but..........

but it handles better than a lot of euros and jap cars that are overpriced and which handle bad.