GT40: good car onlyone problem...

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by Rockwood, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This concept is a great car I've always loved the GT40, I've got one complaint though, this car doesn't have the reason for the name GT40.
    The reason the GT40 was called the GT40 was because that was the height, 40 inches tall the new one is almost 44 inches tall other than that it is a great car.

2. Re: GT40: good car onlyone problem...

I agree, I think that Ford should have called the GT 44 or something. Just becasue it kind of looks the same doesn't mean they have to name it the same. They are kind of ruining the tradition.

Just to give you an idea of how short 40 inches is: The height of a tire on a big rig semi-truck is 40 inches. So the next time you pass a semi on the interstate, keep that in mind.

3. Re: GT40: good car onlyone problem...

Actually, none of the original GT-40's were exactly 40inches high. The Mk I&II was 40.5", Mk III was 41", and the Mk IV was 38.5". 43.5" really isn't that far off. And most cars aren't around that height anyways.

4. Re: GT40: good car onlyone problem...

uuuuuh, matrix dude, who cares? gt40 sounds good to the ear, 40.5 close enough, u wana make a model which is a bit longer? so? they called the later models mk-#, good enough? or u wana complain more?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: GT40: good car onlyone problem...

You guys are missing the point. The purpose of the name GT-40 is to resurrect a racing legend. Who really cares if it is 44 inches tall instead of 40? <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: GT40: good car onlyone problem...

Dude drop the technical crap you know what they created it for so just live with it. And anyway would that be kinda gay the GT-43 ya i think so<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: GT40: good car onlyone problem...

its a fair call to say that about the name, but hey, its not really that important. its still a gt40 under the bonnett isn't it? i think that is what you are all missing here.

8. Re: GT40: good car onlyone problem...

Well I'm sure tall people wanted to drive in too. So they had to make it 44 inches. BFD.

9. Re:
    GT40: good car onlyone problem...

to clear everything up.

It's not called the the gt40, its called the ford gt. theres magazines with it all over the place.

10. Re: GT40: good car onlyone problem...

Yeh i read in a mag somewhere that Ford didnt register the name so they had to call it just tyhe Ford GT