GTO competitors

Discussion in '2005 Pontiac GTO' started by YOURCARSUCKS, May 15, 2006.

1. srt8 charger would do ok.

2. They market this as a "luxury coupe" so the only real competition is the Infiniti G35 Coupe and the BMW 330ci. Those have nowhere near 400 bhp though, and the M3 would be to expensive. The SRT8's will be good, but again...the price. The Mustang seems reasonable but it's 100 bhp down. The Saleen S281 has 400 bhp on tap but it's also about $18,000 more.

The GTO is an oddball here...

It's definitely my favorite car sold here though...

3. yeah, the 03-04 cobras have a slight edge on the gto. the 03-04 cobras have less HP at the crank (390 compared to 400). However, the cobras have more HP at the wheels and weigh less than the GTO.

the GTO's have a problem with losing more HP to the wheels than they should. i dont want to BS anyone, but i believe it all starts with the compact engine space. take a look at the dyno differences between the 05 gto's and the c6 vettes.

4. yeah, the 03-04 cobras have a slight edge on the gto. the 03-04 cobras have less HP at the crank (390 compared to 400). However, the cobras have more HP at the wheels and weigh less than the GTO.

the GTO's have a problem with losing more HP to the wheels than they should. i dont want to BS anyone, but i believe it all starts with the compact engine space. take a look at the dyno differences between the 05 gto's and the c6 vettes.